• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Front Squats: Barbell vs. Kettlebell.

I like them. Id probably rather compete in oly than pl in fact. Both require a softsuit = wingman out.

How to make a trent trap:
(1) Pick the highest calorie meal you can find at nandos, oporto or mcdonalds. Put it on the pavement.
(2) Put a box over the food
(3) Prop up the box on one side with a piece of wood attached to a string. Hide behind a bush with said string.
(4) When you hear a rustling from inside of the box, pull the string hard.

Foolproof.

ROFLMAO....

I only put in front squats and forgot deep has access to some new nifty kettlebells at home recently and no she doesnt have any dumbells either (If your thinking that)

She trains at PTC once every few weeks. So yes its hard to visually check.

I used to clean the bar then press to get bar i to position for OH squat.
Did tonnes of overhead squats but I stopped due to body shoulder. These used to kill my quads and lower ABS!
My trainer wasn't an Olympic lifter lol!! We did ALOT of clean and press. Never did snatches.
Might hit Moons up for a snatch tips or when he's running and oly workshop next.

Aint all crosffiters excellent oly lifters?

They can do power cleans for reps?

Im pretty sure a power/clean involves a front squat position in there somewhere..

interesting if not!!

Aint all crosffiters excellent oly lifters?

They can do power cleans for reps?

Im pretty sure a power/clean involves a front squat position in there somewhere..

interesting if not!!

Crossfit Olympic lifting is not taught to form, but for reps.
Can I remind you I see you in less than 10hrs and I'd like my visit to be educational and not a crossfit bashing session.
I will show you my power clean tomorrow, prepare for the worst power clean you have ever seen.....

Crossfit Olympic lifting is not taught to form, but for reps.
Can I remind you I see you in less than 10hrs and I'd like my visit to be educational and not a crossfit bashing session.

ok :)

we work on your wrist flexability which i think from memory is holding u back.
Or dem tight shoulders again.. (which u have been working on)

Last edited:
one more before i go to sleep

GoodAfternoonCrossfit.jpg

So, turns out I have super immobility in my shoulders. Ordering straps to do front squats. Even cross over wasn't a success! Lol

needs more work on shoulder mobility. To crank up them elbows.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmbSxBM-DI]PTC sydney - Karen M practicing front squat 30kgx5 - YouTube[/ame]