• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food pyramid

Yes I cook most food that tastes better cooked, but that is not the issue here, as cooking food is a convenience/taste thing, and salad and stuff I eat raw.

The point is MOST grains are poisonous and/or indigestible to humans unless cooked, so they are poison to our system, and as such we have NOT evolved to eat them, humans have only eaten grains for about 10000 years or so, not long enough to evolve. and this can clearly be seen by the general health or lack there of of the general population of today.

We don't thrive because of grains we live despite them:p

Most other stuff can be eaten raw should you chose to do so, including fish (sushi?) meat (a lot of cultures including Germans eat raw beef), etc etc.

But like I said eat as you like, not my problem, my body or my life. :)

Tried eating raw chicken or pork lately? Or are you only cooking that shit for convenience/taste

Who said non Paleo eaters need a vitamin pill. I know I don't take any.

International life coach. Lol ok. Ted talks can't be trusted but what about your life coach. Does he not do that for money?

Also you talk about earth grown nutrients and then demonize oats and rice. Fill me in again where grains are grown.

yeah this coach has no idea what he's talking about... i mean he only used to be a 275 pound powerlifter squatted 840 pounds in 2006, then became a 170 pound professional mma athlete, now walks around at 190ish and coaches the elite of the elite in sports performance.

yeah he's got no idea what he's talking about :p

what about these pencil necks doing "research" studies... ive met alot of those folks and they have no idea about food or nutrients or exercise, they are just that, academics and pencil pushers, and their wage is paid by those company's.

i can feel a total recall quote- open your mind.

Tried eating raw chicken or pork lately? Or are you only cooking that shit for convenience/taste

man made fire way before farms. hard to survive more than a few days outdoors without fire...

just goes to show who knows their shit, and who's trolling.

yeah this coach has no idea what he's talking about... i mean he only used to be a 275 pound powerlifter squatted 840 pounds in 2006, then became a 170 pound professional mma athlete, now walks around at 190ish and coaches the elite of the elite in sports performance.

yeah he's got no idea what he's talking about :p

what about these pencil necks doing "research" studies... ive met alot of those folks and they have no idea about food or nutrients or exercise, they are just that, academics and pencil pushers, and their wage is paid by those company's.

i can feel a total recall quote- open your mind.

So like i said unless he is coaching people for free and making zero money out of this he can't really be trusted either if we are going to be consistent with your Ted talks assessment.

ted talks cant be trusted, its a form of advertisement, and costs the speaker 8 thousand dollars to perform, yes its just that, a performance

who says paleo means calorie deficit, thats crazy, you can easily reach thousands of calories with fruits, veges, nuts, eggs and meats

and the nutritional content is insanely better than eating your processed cereal and chocolate and taking that vitamin pill to compensate

i personally dont like the word paleo

i much prefer mike dolce advice of EARTH GROWN NUTRIENTS

i trust an international life coach that walks the walk and has elite athletes as clients over someone sitting behind a pc with google open spouting an opinion based on studies payed for by the unethical food companys we are now surrounded by

back to bacon and eggs for me, you can have your oats and rice and sugar breads that keeps starving people alive, doesnt make them into elite athletes

there is much about the paleo diet philosophy that has great merit.
ie eating whole foods, limiting or eliminating processed foods and a focus on fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy meats and fats. all good.
nothing wrong with any of that. It's a healthy diet in that sense.

All people here are taking an issue with is the unfounded reasoning that eliminates grains completely from the diet.

Plus, I never understood how those who follow a paleo diet can justify eating

a) bacon. it is a processed meat.
and
b) dark chocolate - as many do. again, processed. so is cacao and other cacao bean derivatives.

I know there are many forms of the paleo diet but these are two examples that I cannot find any justification for except convenience and preference.

Yet, I cannot seem to get anyone to admit that quinoa is in fact, a seed, not a grain.

you see the problem.

man made fire way before farms. hard to survive more than a few days outdoors without fire...

just goes to show who knows their shit, and who's trolling.

so are you ready to give up all your mod cons given you seem to think that after we discovered fire, that was pretty much it?

:D

i don't advocate paleo, as you've read in my post i advocate "earth grown nutrients"

but processed grains are out. the ones the refine and ship to the supermarket that lacks nutrients and minerals the real plant delivers, thats a fail.

so are you ready to give up all your mod cons given you seem to think that after we discovered fire, that was pretty much it?

:D

no people are talking about evolution and cooking food...

well the humans we descended from had fire long before they created houses and farms

so yes we evolved with fire, and cooking food. fact.

doesn't sound great living in your 5 bedroom house with ducted air-con, but believe me when i say we are the same human that was living around a fire with a cave or in the treehouse.

we have not had time to evolve with shitty gluten grains which are farmed purely for profit and not because they are healthy. most our grains are genetically modified for pesticide resistance which is another concern again!

its a billion dollar industry and if anyone with any name says publicly against it, they get sued into the ground. another fact.

forget powerlifers vs "people that build their body" (god forbid I type bodybuilders;

grain eaters vs non grain eaters is the new civil war!

no people are talking about evolution and cooking food...

well the humans we descended from had fire long before they created houses and farms

so yes we evolved with fire, and cooking food. fact.

doesn't sound great living in your 5 bedroom house with ducted air-con, but believe me when i say we are the same human that was living around a fire with a cave or in the treehouse.

we have not had time to evolve with shitty gluten grains which are farmed purely for profit and not because they are healthy. most our grains are genetically modified for pesticide resistance which is another concern again!

its a billion dollar industry and if anyone with any name says publicly against it, they get sued into the ground. another fact.

you are confusing the issue of natural grains with contamination and mass farming production.

two separate issues.

big agriculture conglomerates and monsanto make for a whole other discussion.

I think people are grasping at straws here.

I don't even know what paleo is or stands for so not sure why people, keep talking about it. :confused:

Anyway it seems that there are people here who are just arguing and trolling for the sake of it, and have yet to come up with one sensible argument.

It appears that a person would be better off eating grains and sugar when we all know it is the cause of a lot of dietary issues people have today. And somehow by not eating them I am missing out on something??

People are arguing that people who eat whole and healthy/natural foods sould live in caves and under trees?? Wtf?? We don't have to live like animals to eat healthy whole foods. Just because we are smart enough to drive cars and livein houses has not changed our body. We still need nutritious food to eat. No matter how much people want to twist and turn and divert attention by talking about cooking food and living in caves and all the other rubbish posted here the fact remains.......FACT....not fiction, not guess work, not a hunch but FACT that processed sugar does you no good and that grain are not an essential food and cause a lot of issues. There is no negatives to not eating them.

If you chose to eat them that that is your choice, same as the smoker who chooses to smoke etc etc. but don't try and make it sound like it's an essential and integral part of a balanced diet.