• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Splits can be quite abbreviated too. Sometimes even more so.

I just do not like only trading a muscle less than 3 times per week other than quads. Twice for quads.
Yeah. Agreed. All about recovery and efficiency for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is this how a Real Bro trains:

4e01cc52d7296e66698203e245993a1a.jpg

My squats have gone to absolute shit lately..........

Thats cos you be talking shit about split training, kunce.

Jokes aside, all the big kunce I see in in gyms (I go to 2) are rolling splits (prolly a ton of gear too but that’s another story).
All these squatting, deadlifting, full body kunce barely look like they train, no arms, no lats, no calves, look shit. Especially when the kunce are always rolling the PL/boxing shoes or even just in their socks. WTF?
We laugh at the kunce, they’d be better off curling in that rack.
srs.

Jokes aside, all the big kunce I see in in gyms (I go to 2) are rolling splits (prolly a ton of gear too but that’s another story).
All these squatting, deadlifting, full body kunce barely look like they train, no arms, no lats, no calves, look shit. Especially when the kunce are always rolling the PL/boxing shoes or even just in their socks. WTF?
srs.

How are you looking these days?
not being shitty, genuinely interested.

To run a full bro split (5 days a week) I'd need gear. Otherwise I'd feel like chit. Compounds give me a high.

PPL split is best IMO. Allows you to get enough volume while being able to adjust the frequency as needed.

But I lost the Bodybuilding mentality when I stopped reading Flex mag 25 plus years ago.

How are you looking these days?
not being shitty, genuinely interested.

Actually since you ask, a fair bit fatter than my usual sexy and irresistible self, retirement has me sitting al lot, eating a ton of Spanish smoked and salted pricioutto with red wine, buckets of salted peanuts with beers (been stocking my big beer cooler with different beers and consuming just as much) so it’s definitely showing.
Doctor just lost it at me cos of my blood pressure results, have to ease off the good life and get back into shape and de salt, stopped using beer as my source of hydration and drinking water now, fuken yuk. ?
Hit 110kgs, and feeling a bit sluggish, pic was taken 10 minutes ago, not my proudest era, but on the way to a hard rig again, using split routine of course. :p
So in a nutshell, not great.
How you looking ?

Attachments

• EE291FA6-C0F7-42E1-B6B6-4DBA265315A8.jpg
    EE291FA6-C0F7-42E1-B6B6-4DBA265315A8.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 18
Actually since you ask, a fair bit fatter than my usual sexy and irresistible self, retirement has me sitting al lot, eating a ton of Spanish smoked and salted pricioutto with red wine, buckets of salted peanuts with beers (been stocking my big beer cooler with different beers and consuming just as much) so it’s definitely showing.
Doctor just lost it at me cos of my blood pressure results, have to ease off the good life and get back into shape and de salt, stopped using beer as my source of hydration and drinking water now, fuken yuk. 冷
Hit 110kgs, and feeling a bit sluggish, pic was taken 10 minutes ago, not my proudest era, but on the way to a hard rig again, using split routine of course. :p
So in a nutshell, not great.
How you looking ?

Dude
i didn’t need the photograph, not before lunch as well.

i hope the “split” meets your expectations.

srs.

I know what your saying. Splits are the traditional BBing training routine aren't they. Full body workouts were originally designed for more cardio type work, maybe also better suited to females. For pure power, strength and growth i would suggest splits. Nothing against the kunce on here doing full body workouts, i think its great that you guys do this. However I believe if you really want a muscle to grow as big as you can then you need to bombard that muscle with as much intensity as possible and the best way to do this is with splits.

And btw Squat Racks were designed for Bicep Curls weren't they, everyone knows that.

I know what your saying. Splits are the traditional BBing training routine aren't they. Full body workouts were originally designed for more cardio type work, maybe also better suited to females. For pure power, strength and growth i would suggest splits. Nothing against the kunce on here doing full body workouts, i think its great that you guys do this. However I believe if you really want a muscle to grow as big as you can then you need to bombard that muscle with as much intensity as possible and the best way to do this is with splits.

And btw Squat Racks were designed for Bicep Curls weren't they, everyone knows that.

ok back to reality
to really benefit from a split routine you really need to have good recovery otherwise you’ll just be spinning your wheels, get over trained and start losing muscle.
Unless to go on a course of steroids, but for the average Joe a full body workout is going to fit the bill, but the caveat, like with a split, you gotta workout.

the combo of split routines and steroids has ended many careers.
what most miss is, that you need the required genetics to be a successful pro bodybuilder.

the other point to make is, most of them cut their teeth on full body as in this is where they got their mass.
the split routines just allow them to keep going and to fine tune so to speak.
the irony is it ends careers, for most.

About time some kunce made sense re the split vs full routines and what squat racks were really made for.

I agree totally, I just physically have not seen any big kunce doing full body nor any of them sock deadlifting kunce with massive muscle mass. Most kunce on here reckon it’s the only way to go, I guess it works for them, but I have stuck with splits for many many years.

ok back to reality
to really benefit from a split routine you really need to have good recovery otherwise you’ll just be spinning your wheels, get over trained and start losing muscle.
Unless to go on a course of steroids, but for the average Joe a full body workout is going to fit the bill, but the caveat, like with a split, you gotta workout.

the combo of split routines and steroids has ended many careers.
what most miss is, that you need the required genetics to be a successful pro bodybuilder.

the other point to make is, most of them cut their teeth on full body as in this is where they got their mass.
the split routines just allow them to keep going and to fine tune so to speak.
the irony is it ends careers, for most.

what do you mean by over train? They’d get a week rest. In my mind, training a muscle 3-4 times a week would be more of a chance to over train it. No?

what do you mean by over train? They’d get a week rest. In my mind, training a muscle 3-4 times a week would be more of a chance to over train it. No?

With a split there is always cross over as in muscle groups don’t have time to recover and become overworked