• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

The Strong Man Comp is cancelled, I was so looking forward to it! Now we are looking at the CAPO powerlifting comp in May... can't wait for that, at the moment there is about 15-20 PTC guys and girls going in it. All of you guys on Aus BB should come down to meets us and cheer us on.

tell us where and when

might have to get down for this one, would make a great ausbb.com meetup whilst watching the PTC guys kick some arse!!!

Dont know about kicking ass.

This is a State Level comp, not a novice comp, and all but Nina are first time competitors, total novices.

Instead of watching, why not lift????

might be a bit early for me. i'll be rapped if i'm training anywhere near to properly by that stage.

I got a new bar for the girls today.

Its a female Olympic lifting bar with needle bearings. Its 6'3", smaller diameter bar and softer knurling. Its still the same length collar to collar so it fits all my racks, they take 4 1/2" out of the sleeves, 2 1/4" each side.

It weighs 15kg and its black. Feels very nice to use, very whippy due to the smaller diameter.

Nina and Annie were doing heavy rack presses tonight, assistance work for the PPP.

Nina worked up to 90kg x 4.

I´ll have to see how things lie after I get back from my honeymoon whether I can come or not, but I definitely wish you all the best of luck. Give it your best, and don´t pop anything delicate :)

Stick with the overhead squats Dancelot, your just gonna get better over time. I wish Markos would let me overhead squat every night! lol. I've never tested my PB, Max trains me in them every Thursday night and makes me do 10reps before I can go up in weight, I'll be trying for 60kg x10 this Thursdsay. Doing front squats are great to help with overhead squats too coz they give you a strong core, and you need that!

Yup, I'm addicted to it. Did OHS two days in a row: 30kg 5x5 yesterday and 35kg 5x5 today. It's the flexibility & stability (scapula in particular) I'm working on. I have a goal of doing BW (~80kg) x15 down the track. Been doing front squat for a few months, up to 120kg atm. Love these awkward exercises! :p

Have fun with 60kg x10 on Thurs!

Dimi benched 60kg x 3 tonight, and paused the first rep.

She also push pressed 60kg for a PB

Nina rack pressed 100kg x 3

Elissa has decided to join Nina, Annie, Dimi and Vicki at the State Powerlifting titles in 3 weeks

Last edited:
Dimi squatted 102.5kg x 3 today

Nina squatted 90kg, 60kg x 30

Annie deadlifted 130kg, squatted 85kg x 1, 60kg x 15

Dimi squatted 105kg tonight and benched 60kg x 3.

Tonight at PTC we had a heap of girls lift

Beatrix
Annie
Nina
Dimi
Vicki
Kat
Monica
Kate
Lara
Ann Marie
Ashley