• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fed-up

Do you truly believe that a person walks into maccas or kfc think they will get a healthy meal?? They know they are eating crap, they are just happy to do it, just like smokers know it's bad, they still do it.

You would be surprised at how confused the average person is. I've had people tell me:
- The sugar in orange juice is healthier than the sugar in Coke.
- Brown/raw/natural/marketing word is better than regular sugar.
- A maccas wrap is better than a burger, yet they still have a large drink and fries.

At least educate people, then it's up to them if they want to be healthy or not.

You would be surprised at how confused the average person is. I've had people tell me:
- A maccas wrap is better than a burger, yet they still have a large drink and fries.

At least educate people, then it's up to them if they want to be healthy or not.

I also find the sugar comment hillarious, as sugar factories add mollassas to refined sugar to make it 'raw'

Exactly. Raw, brown, whatever you want to call it, look at the macro nutrient break down. All 100% sugar.

So by all means educate them, then they are no longer ignorant. But take note and give them a death stare if they choose to ignore your advice because its 'too hard', 'too busy', or '<insert excuse here>', because dat dere is your lazy kunt, guilty as charged.

You might be right, on the average person, when I ate crap I knew it was crap, but I still ate it, I don't walk into a take away shop and order fish and chips expecting a 'healthy' meal.

I guess I assumed most people would be the same, I would think most are, but there probably are some who have no idea.

Product marketing can try to blindside consumers.
Some companies do it well.

Kfc, maccas all bringing out the so called healthy wraps. The business I thought who done this extremely well and made a healthy in come stream from unhealthy products was Boost Juice.

They where grilled by the media a few times about the sugar content in their smoothie and juice products. " But its all natural sugars" would be the reply from the company.

So people would get a bacon and egg Mc Muffin then purchase a large All Berry Bang from Boost Juice. 600ml of pure sweetness. 250 grams of strawberry yoghurt, 300ml of Berri Apple juice, scoop of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
How many grams of sugar??

Enough for you and me to know it's not really that healthy. Some products where good like the veggie juices and some fresh juices. But this was only a small percentage of sales.

I've been super lazy lately... I'm having my boost juice right now..... scotch and coke..... pure sweetness with a large packet of cheese twisties.
But I dont care. I know I can right the wrong. I will have diet coke in my next scotch!� But I wouldn't consider myself lazy because I've had a crappy diet lately.

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.