• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fed-up

i think this has been done before, more than once.

but still, nobody listens. they want their ice cream and sugar bun burgers and... etc etc etc.

This YouTube comment says it all.

yet another movie that you will all watch and praise and say "OMG this is so true we need to do something" while you sit in the cinema sipping on a gallon of coke while scoffing down popcorn and chocolates. fucking people... You can't put the blame on companies, they do what they need to do to be successful and they do it with in the laws that are set, they don't force you to drink coke, they never told you that smiths chips or lays potato crisps what ever you call them were better for you than actual vegetables. you idiots bought that crap and now you're suffering from it, fucking deal with it, stop finding excuses and reason to why you don't want it to be your fault and just fix your fucking problems.

well, i think we can put some blame on legislation and advertising.

if it wasn't for non-stop advertising of coca cola and junk food, people wouldn't think about it.

and don't get me started on the millions they spend to make it more addictive with taste and smell, and having that brain chemistry altered so when you see the ad, you crave junk food...

its a legit science and they mastered it, and for the average joe, it means bad news. not many are in our position @steveP ;

After watching only the trailer all I can say is:
1. Every industry is in it for the profit, not just the sugar ind
2. In the beverage ind, they try to use as little sugar as possible to give the product taste and preserve it, after all it cost$

well, i think we can put some blame on legislation and advertising.

if it wasn't for non-stop advertising of coca cola and junk food, people wouldn't think about it.

and don't get me started on the millions they spend to make it more addictive with taste and smell, and having that brain chemistry altered so when you see the ad, you crave junk food...

its a legit science and they mastered it, and for the average joe, it means bad news. not many are in our position @steveP ;

Yes I agree. It's a 2 part problem. People need to stop making excuses and being lazy. People don't realise or want the responsibility to control what goes in their body.

The other problem is the entire food industry being focused on selling products that taste good, but will turn you into a fat slob. They should be held accountable for giving people shitty nutritional advice. For the average person who doesn't know much about nutrition, it's easy to be misinformed and eat a shit diet. The evidence is all around that the current way the food industry works isn't working.

This sort of thing has been done many times before and will be done over and over again....would not be surprised if its funded by the big "junk food companies" - these videos don't make a difference they simply just put a bandaid on a shark bite and it falls straight off again when the person goes back in the water....

People are fat because they are lazy and over eat.....simple as that....

If we had education around training, cardio, food, eating, calories, calories in V calories out etc in school from a young age - and not just the food triangle because thats bullshit - we may be different...and it may make a difference...

Theres no secret to it....theres no magic pill...tbh fat people or people in general can't even blame the junk food companies....people are just fucking lazy...

This sort of thing has been done many times before and will be done over and over again....would not be surprised if its funded by the big "junk food companies" - these videos don't make a difference they simply just put a bandaid on a shark bite and it falls straight off again when the person goes back in the water....

If we had education around training, cardio, food, eating, calories, calories in V calories out etc in school from a young age - and not just the food triangle because thats bullshit - we may be different...and it may make a difference...

Theres no secret to it....theres no magic pill...tbh fat people or people in general can't even blame the junk food companies....people are just fucking lazy...
Seconded.

Even now with the kj counts being a requirement for fast food places, if someone wants a a large quarter pounder meal they will have it. In general, people don't care.

And if I see that pic that says sugar is just as addictive as cocaine one more time, I'm going to snap.

Sugar is as addictive as yeyo???

Pity it doesn't stay in my nose when I rail it?!

Man if the government want to do something about food labeling and 'health factor' of foods it can but there is no money in that isn't there? Much better for people to keep buying and eating 'addictive' shit foods as it keeps the GST and tax $$ rolling in. The mining boom is over, folks!

Last edited:
T

...tbh fat people or people in general can't even blame the junk food companies....people are just fucking lazy...

I tend to disagree with this, I think with people interested in fitness and fitness related activity seem to make this assumption that fat people are lazy, in some cases this may be the case, but in most cases it would be a lack of interest or care rather than laziness.

I was my fattest when I was the least lazy, I was working a construction job for 70 hrs a week, and in my 'spare time' was rebuilding cars often in the garage till midnight, only to be up at 5:30am to head to work for another 10-12 hr shift, before burning the midnight oil in the garage again.

I had no interest in eating healthy or doing any training, as matter of fact my nights in the garage also consisted of drinking beer and generally eating pizza or take away meals. Did I know it was unhealthy?? Yes I was well aware. Did I care?? No not in the least. Was I lazy?? No fucking way I was working every waking minute and often existing on 4-6 hrs sleep a night. Was I fat? Hell yes.

Many many people have no interest in health and fitness, not because they are lazy, but because they have no interest.

When I was living the above scenario someone into fitness and training would look at me and possibly call me lazy, I would look back at them thinking that they were lazy, hell most only worked 40hr weeks and went to the gym for an hour only to sleep for 8-10hrs, and fuck they must be lazy they have not restored a single car in the time I did the last three……so did these fitness fanatics not restore cars because they were lazy or because they had no interest in restoring cars??

I tend to disagree with this, I think with people interested in fitness and fitness related activity seem to make this assumption that fat people are lazy, in some cases this may be the case, but in most cases it would be a lack of interest or care rather than laziness.

Well when i was at my fitness peak, i did think fat people were not taking very good care of themselves one way or another.

Didn't phase me at all though.

But then a mate died from a heart attack, so yeah... he was a fitness fanatic too.

I was my fattest when I was the least lazy, I was working a construction job for 70 hrs a week, and in my 'spare time' was rebuilding cars often in the garage till midnight, only to be up at 5:30am to head to work for another 10-12 hr shift, before burning the midnight oil in the garage again.

I had no interest in eating healthy or doing any training, as matter of fact my nights in the garage also consisted of drinking beer and generally eating pizza or take away meals. Did I know it was unhealthy?? Yes I was well aware. Did I care?? No not in the least. Was I lazy?? No fucking way I was working every waking minute and often existing on 4-6 hrs sleep a night. Was I fat? Hell yes.

Many many people have no interest in health and fitness, not because they are lazy, but because they have no interest.

When I was living the above scenario someone into fitness and training would look at me and possibly call me lazy, I would look back at them thinking that they were lazy, hell most only worked 40hr weeks and went to the gym for an hour only to sleep for 8-10hrs, and fuck they must be lazy they have not restored a single car in the time I did the last three……so did these fitness fanatics not restore cars because they were lazy or because they had no interest in restoring cars??
Of course it's lazy. Too lazy to prepare lower cal and or proper home cooked meals and too lazy to do some real exercise not slumped over a bonnet of a car.. and too fucking lazy to quash the desire to drink beer.

yes you were very lazy.

giphy.gif

Of course it's lazy. Too lazy to prepare lower cal and or proper home cooked meals and too lazy to do some real exercise not slumped over a bonnet of a car.. and too fucking lazy to quash the desire to drink beer.

yes you were very lazy.

This. I would say you were lazy Mick with your nutrition. You did things you enjoyed, like working on your cars, but didn't do things like cooking because that involved doing something kind of boring. I think of lazy as avoiding something because it doesn't give instant gratification.

There may be many fat people out there working hard. But they need to shift some of that work ethic into spending time learning about food and looking after their body.

If we all followed our instincts we'd be either; skinny/fat or fat.
some need to work harder than others to achieve the ideal.
what that ideal is for most is what is seen in magazines.

i cannot speak for everyone but I beleive most are "stupid" and not lazy.
we are all ignorant to a degree, but stupid is the inability to learn from mistakes.