• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fed-up

I would say you were lazy Mick with your nutrition.

Take me for example. For a long time, I was lazy about my nutrition, I ate like a pig and was still fairly low in body fat percentage. At other times I have been very diligent about getting plenty of exercise - but the impact on my body was minimal (you probably wouldn't have noticed the difference just looking at me).

I have a friend who has always struggled with weight, but has been (as Silverback said) "stupid" about how he went about exercising and dieting. Listened to stupid fads and stupid people. Didn't work.
As well as the stupidity, there is genetics. People have different baseline metabolic rates, there are glandular and hormone disorders. OK, yes lots of people use these as excuses, but that's not to say that it's not a real problem for some people.

Point is, not ALL fat people are lazy (they could be "stupid" or at a genetic disadvantage or both). And not all lazy people are fat (e.g. me)

Is it laziness? Or just a case of 'i haven't got time for that'?

Or are they the same thing?
Same same
As Arnold says, "Sleep faster!"
Most people are too lazy to get out of bed half an hour earlier and get active or even cook their own meal. Healthy food doesn't have to take long to prepare, you could probably cook a healthy meal faster than driving to maccas and waiting in the line for the drive thru

A person who is lazy, knows all the facts, knows what it takes but does not do anything to achieve the results.

and we are all guilty of that.

This. I would say you were lazy Mick with your nutrition. You did things you enjoyed, like working on your cars, but didn't do things like cooking because that involved doing something kind of boring. I think of lazy as avoiding something because it doesn't give instant gratification.

There may be many fat people out there working hard. But they need to shift some of that work ethic into spending time learning about food and looking after their body.

So are you lazy for not restoring cars?? Or are you lazy for not running 100km a day when others do??

I can assure you I did not enjoy working 70hr weeks week in and week out, and if you have ever paint stripped a 40 year old car by hand and stripped underside back to bare metal while lying on the garage floor you would not say it was fun, it was something that had to be done to get what I wanted to get, just like you have to have good nutrition and gym time for your interest. Also I doubt there is instant gratification in restoring a car that can take years of lonely hours spend in your shed, cooking a meal is instant gratification as you get the reward straight away. ie a meal to eat

Funny thing is people into fitness assume that everyone wants to be fit and they are lazy, they do not realise that many have no interest, they are into other things.

I am guessing power lifters who set world records and look like fat blobs walking around are lazy as well??

It's funny how people do not understand that others have different interests.

Last edited:
So are you lazy for not restoring cars?? Or are you lazy for not running 100km a day when others do??

I can assure you I did not enjoy working 70hr weeks week in and week out, and if you have ever paint stripped a 40 year old car by hand and stripped underside back to bare metal while lying on the garage floor you would not say it was fun, it was something that had to be done to get what I wanted to get, just like you have to have good nutrition and gym time for your interest. Also I doubt there is instant gratification in restoring a car that can take years of lonely hours spend in your shed, cooking a meal is instant gratification as you get the reward straight away. ie a meal to eat

Funny thing is people into fitness assume that everyone wants to be fit and they are lazy, they do not realise that many have no interest, they are into other things.

I am guessing power lifters who set world records and look like fat blobs walking around are lazy as well??

It's funny how people do not understand that others have different interests.

You are by far the most ignorant poster on this forum old boy.

Someone not enjoying working 70 hours a week, week in week out whether that be hard labour or a desk job and and persuing interests outside of work, will require a level of fitness to maintain this lifestyle what you did, in my eyes is dumb.

you must have stopped for a reason?

i would see fat powerlifters setting world records as ignorant, stupid if he ends up permanently injured.

Is it laziness? Or just a case of 'i haven't got time for that'?

Or are they the same thing?

Well you have 24hrs, we all have the same 24hrs, how we use them depends on out needs, desires, wants, interests etc

Someone that has an interest in fishing, but no interest in weight lifting will spend time fishing instead of going to the gym.

I have many interests, restoring old cars is my longest interest and I have four going at the moment, I also like training with weights, going fishing, hunting, camping, dirt bike riding,more lately I been getting into competition training horses, and it is something new to me that takes up a fair bit of my time and money (purchasing a acreage property, horse, associated equipment etc), so other interests have fallen behind a bit. Can't train due to injury at the moment but can't wait to get back to it. So keen to get back that I am in the process of building a dedicated gym within the next 12 months.

So interests and wants and desires will affect what people will do. Many people have no interest in fitness or exercising, my old man worked all his life and was probably one of the hardest workers I have known yet he has never spend a single day in his life doing any sort of exercise, my mum is in her 70's and has never exercised. Not interested, don't care, been alive for 70 years without ever going for a run apart from may be at school sports when they were kids, never lifted a weight etc etc, does not make them lazy, dad spend years building our home, tending to gardens, building fences, making furniture, etc etc, but never had any interest in training or sports.

Last edited:
You are by far the most ignorant poster on this forum old boy.

Someone not enjoying working 70 hours a week, week in week out whether that be hard labour or a desk job and and persuing interests outside of work, will require a level of fitness to maintain this lifestyle what you did, in my eyes is dumb.

you must have stopped for a reason?

i would see fat powerlifters setting world records as ignorant, stupid if he ends up permanently injured.

What is ignorant about thinking not all fat people are lazy?? So someone that is skinny is automatically not lazy?? Why is a gym goers interest considered not lazy yet others who pursue different interests are lazy??

What if he does not end up injured?? How can he predict this without first trying, so now a world level elite athlete is stupid as he may get injured, a fat person is automatically lazy even though they may work harder than anyone here, and a person for the virtue of being skinny and going to the gym three times a week is not lazy or stupid??

I guess so, yeah. I am lazy in that aspect in comparison to the people who do it. But it all comes down to priorities. Those things are done for leisure. The gym and fitness can also been seen as leisure, but it also has a massive positive impact on your health, which should be right up there in terms of priorities.

People who can't even get the fundamentals right about what they put into their body without ruining it are ignorant and lazy where they really can't afford to be.

Last edited:
What is ignorant about thinking not all fat people are lazy?? So someone that is skinny is automatically not lazy?? Why is a gym goers interest considered not lazy yet others who pursue different interests are lazy??

What if he does not end up injured?? How can he predict this without first trying, so now a world level elite athlete is stupid as he may get injured, a fat person is automatically lazy even though they may work harder than anyone here, and a person for the virtue of being skinny and going to the gym three times a week is not lazy or stupid??

You can always find exceptions. I think you're losing the plot a little. This was about the general public being unhealthy because they can't be bothered reading a label and figuring out what's good and bad.

There's a difference in the generations Mick.
Your parents will likely live a long and healthy life because they weren't brought up eating shit. I'm sure they stay active doing whatever they do around the house as that's how its been for years, you may have been just as active working long hours and tinkering with cars but you got fat because you ate crap. You said it yourself.
There's more to laziness than sitting on the couch watching TV, just as being 'active' doesn't mean you have to attend a gym. We all know diet makes up the biggest piece of the puzzle.

I guess so, yeah. I am lazy in that aspect in comparison to the people who do it. But it all comes down to priorities. Those things are done for leisure. The gym and fitness can also been seen as leisure, but it also has a massive possible impact on your health, which should be right up there in terms of priorities.

People who can't even get the fundamentals right about what they put into their body without ruining it are ignorant and lazy where they really can't afford to be.

i don't veiw exercise as fun, or leisure, it shouldn't be fun, I do it to enjoy, my fun and leisure.
this, in my opinion is what's fundamentally wrong with society.

I guess so, yeah. I am lazy in that aspect in comparison to the people who do it. But it all comes down to priorities. Those things are done for leisure. The gym and fitness can also been seen as leisure, but it also has a massive possible impact on your health, which should be right up there in terms of priorities.

Haha you love going in circles. Do you understand that not everyone is interested in going to the gym?? They are just not interested, like you are not interested in a million other things you could be doing in this world, personally I enjoy training and it's something I like to do, so I make time for it, but I don't do a million other things, so the whole world is lazy as I can't remember the last time I climbed a mountain or tiled a roof, or competed in a triathlon, I have two mates that do triathlons, they don't touch weights, so who is lazy??

There's a difference in the generations Mick.
Your parents will likely live a long and healthy life because they weren't brought up eating shit. I'm sure they stay active doing whatever they do around the house as that's how its been for years, you may have been just as active working long hours and tinkering with cars but you got fat because you ate crap. You said it yourself.
There's more to laziness than sitting on the couch watching TV, just as being 'active' doesn't mean you have to attend a gym. We all know diet makes up the biggest piece of the puzzle.

Exactly right.

You can always find exceptions. I think you're losing the plot a little. This was about the general public being unhealthy because they can't be bothered reading a label and figuring out what's good and bad.

But this is only an assumption. We had a family doctor years ago and he was a heavy smoker, I am pretty confident he knew smoking was bad for him, but he still did it, as he simply did not care, he wanted to smoke. Do you truly believe that a person walks into maccas or kfc think they will get a healthy meal?? They know they are eating crap, they are just happy to do it, just like smokers know it's bad, they still do it.

A person who is lazy, knows all the facts, knows what it takes but does not do anything to achieve the results.

and we are all guilty of that.

There are so many fat people out there that don't actually know all the facts. That's why I agree with Big Mick in stating that "not ALL fat people are lazy" - there are lots of people that believe crazy myths about weight and weight loss. Those people will NEVER get "skinny" by following poor advice, no matter how motivated they are.

On the flip side, I've never really been "fat" - at most I've been 5 kilos above my ideal weight. But I've been lazy too, I used to eat a whole dominos pizza for lunch 4 days a week.