• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Fadi on Bodybuilding

Vman, just start lifting heavy and frequently and eat clean. You will probably find you lose body fat and put on some muscle of the coming 6 months.

I'm unsure of my body fat %, but my weight is at 82kg on last measurement at 180cm tall.
Maybe for a rough idea check my log picture and a rough idea of what % I'm at would be great.

so this is you? i wouldn't worry about fat loss if i were you. you like you need to gain a fair bit of muscle more than anythin'

There's really no 'special' or 'direct' exercise or intensity especially for fat loss. Just use the better exercises, squat, bench, overhead press, clean / deadlift and the like will be enough. Work within the range of 8-10.

If you find that you squat x for 8 reps, go for 9 next session. If you get 9, go for ten. If you get that, add more weight, aim for 8 reps & repeat

Last edited:
index.php

Fadi,

I'm very interested in this table, but find it hard to translate it into practical benefit for me because I'm unaware of which type of muscle fiber is relevant to each bodypart.

Apologies if you already covered this and I missed it, but is it the case that each muscle (eg. quads/pecs/traps etc) is made up of all 3 fiber types?

Is it too simplistic for me to try and say "ok for squats I should refer to X fiber type in the chart and do that amount of reps, and then for chest dips I should refer to Y fiber type..."?

I have a feeling that it's probably not that easy, but if that is the case I'm interested in your views on any particular body parts, or exercises, you think should get higher/lower rep range. I recall you said you got gains in squats and seated row when you increased reps. I tend to go 8-10 reps for most exercises, but around 5-6 for deadlifts, maybe 15-16 for lateral raises.

Fadi,

I'm very interested in this table, but find it hard to translate it into practical benefit for me because I'm unaware of which type of muscle fiber is relevant to each bodypart.

Apologies if you already covered this and I missed it, but is it the case that each muscle (eg. quads/pecs/traps etc) is made up of all 3 fiber types?

Is it too simplistic for me to try and say "ok for squats I should refer to X fiber type in the chart and do that amount of reps, and then for chest dips I should refer to Y fiber type..."?

I have a feeling that it's probably not that easy, but if that is the case I'm interested in your views on any particular body parts, or exercises, you think should get higher/lower rep range. I recall you said you got gains in squats and seated row when you increased reps. I tend to go 8-10 reps for most exercises, but around 5-6 for deadlifts, maybe 15-16 for lateral raises.

DKD, someone before you has asked me something similar. Please go back to to reply #12 (the question) and then my answer in reply #13 and possibly further on.

By the way, how did you paste this table above?

Fadi.

Fadi, I just hit the 'quote' button on your original post and then deleted everything except the table.
Okay thanks DKD (what's your name by the way ?), I thought you may have done that but I wasn't sure.

Fadi.

Fadi, I prefer to remain anonymous for now.
That is your choice but I'm just curious about how would a first name be revealing someone's identity (not necessarily yours DKD, but anyone's)? Always wanted to find out about this subject actually.

Fadi.

Wow this thread just hit me hard.
thanks for that I even copied it into my word and saved it just incase something happened.
I cant wait to try active recovery for my chest.
And doing some higher reps on other bodyparts.
thanks again il let you know how it goes if you care lol.
cheers

Fadi

I agree, Fadi is my savior. I am 50 years old this month and Fadi has been helping me for the past 12 odd months. Even though I have not heard from him for some time, his encouragement and knowledge helped me to start with weights with good results.

If any one has contact with him, inform him I am doing well and making progress. 50!???? NO WAY. Feel 30!;)

Thanks Fadi,

Giffo