• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Fadi on Bodybuilding

So you have modified the photo? My point exactly and i don't think it's been slightly modifed i think it has been photoshopped if you want to get angry get angry i don't care my, opinion will not change on the issue

You are intitled to have your opinion but the way you go about is not the right way .

Bodybiulding these days has turned into- the miss world beauty pagent.

Fadi, don't get pulled into this churlish behavouir.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with Fadi, bodybuilding is way too subjective. You diet for 3-4 months, getting down to crazy body fat % figures, 6, 4, 3%.........dehydrate yourself, paint yourself with fake tan, pump yourself up to look bigger than you are. You get on stage, only to find out that you placed 4th. Which is clearly last after last place. Whats worse, is your being judged not by performance or a measurable reference, but by how you look. Since beauty is in the eye of the holder, you're in a pretty tough situation.

If you wanna do bodybuiliding for personal reasons, ie non competitive reasons, i can understand that.

ok, so there's issues with Fadi's photo. Some say it looks photoshopped

But whatever, it's not like Fadi posted it up there for credibility. He posted it to show us the concept of lack of bloodflow to particular areas (and capillarization). Tudor Bompa (strength expert Ph.D) speaks about very similar concepts.

imo fadi is a fair dinkum bloke with a good perceptive on life in general and has no reason to be deceptive with regards to photos or anything else.

Come on guys, It doesn't really matter wether the photo is photoshopped or not. I don't really believe it is but even if it was, what does it matter? Fadi has always offered his wealth of knowledge in a calm and concise matter. He doesn't have to have the body of a bodybuilder to understand the complex system underlying the human body and they key to optimal muscle growth. Let's all calm down shall we?

Gareer.

Come on guys, It doesn't really matter wether the photo is photoshopped or not. I don't really believe it is but even if it was, what does it matter? Fadi has always offered his wealth of knowledge in a calm and concise matter. He doesn't have to have the body of a bodybuilder to understand the complex system underlying the human body and they key to optimal muscle growth. Let's all calm down shall we?

Gareer.

which was part of my point. He didn't put that pic up for credibility; he put it up to explain a scientific principle

Honestly look at the shadows. I invite Fadi to compete onstage

Thats kinda unfair... considering he doesnt ever claim to compete in body building competitions and it wasnt even a picture to be used in that context that you should call him up on stage as you once did to myself.... as ive said before "congrats to your accomplishments" but is there any need to rubbish another mans accomplishments, especially someone as highly regarded around here as Fadi... The world works alot better with constructive input... with negative and picky outlooks like yours the world takes one step forwards, 2 steps back and kicks itself in the head... honestly, consider what exactly you are arguing about, why you are arguing about it, and who you are insulting in the process.... is it really worth it?

Drugs or not, IMO, Fadi looks better. Fadi is smarter. Fadi is nicer. Fadi is king :)

Keep up the good work champ!

Thats kinda unfair... considering he doesnt ever claim to compete in body building competitions and it wasnt even a picture to be used in that context that you should call him up on stage as you once did to myself.... as ive said before "congrats to your accomplishments" but is there any need to rubbish another mans accomplishments, especially someone as highly regarded around here as Fadi... The world works alot better with constructive input... with negative and picky outlooks like yours the world takes one step forwards, 2 steps back and kicks itself in the head... honestly, consider what exactly you are arguing about, why you are arguing about it, and who you are insulting in the process.... is it really worth it?

Well said mate !!!

Come on now this is simple stuff :p

There is NOT a pronounced shadow on BOTH sides of EITHER arm.
There is a shadow on the left of EACH arm.
You can CLEARLY see the exact same thing is evident in Derkas photo.
damien1a.th.jpg

The blur in Fadi's picture looks like he has simply done a low res scan of a dodgy real life photo.

(Fadi's daughter speaking)

Yeah sorry about that. I was new to photoshop at that point in time, so yes, I did stuff up on the shadows. However, as my dad clarified, I was merely trying to make the photo more vivid, for better visibility on the internet. I did not in any way buff him up, or make his muscles look bigger or any of that...because well, I was new to photoshop, and obviously wouldn't have known how to do such things.

But more importantly here, and this is something that's bothering me slightly. When I first looked over my dad's shoulder and read the post that was written, the first one saying that the photo was photoshopped, I had to stop and think, 'What does it matter?' Really, I've lived with him all my life. I know how my dad looks. I know that at one point in time, that is exactly the way that his body was. Whether that's an issue for anyone is purely their problem. You're entitled to your own opinion and what you choose to believe is up to you.

Seriously, there are probably more important things (within the category of bodybuilding) to argue about than the way someone's muscles look in a photo.

ps. everyone who's been replying, I have to thank you. You've given me some good laughs. The support here is admirable. :)

~Nabila

Last edited:
(Fadi's daughter speaking)

Yeah sorry about that. I was new to photoshop at that point in time, so yes, I did stuff up on the shadows. However, as my dad clarified, I was merely trying to make the photo more vivid, for better visibility on the internet. I did not in any way buff him up, or make his muscles look bigger or any of that...because well, I was new to photoshop, and obviously wouldn't have known how to do such things.

But more importantly here, and this is something that's bothering me slightly. When I first looked over my dad's shoulder and read the post that was written, the first one saying that the photo was photoshopped, I had to stop and think, 'What does it matter?' Really, I've lived with him all my life. I know how my dad looks. I know that at one point in time, that is exactly the way that his body was. Whether that's an issue for anyone is purely their problem. You're entitled to your own opinion and what you choose to believe is up to you.

Seriously, there are probably more important things (within the category of bodybuilding) to argue about than the way someone's muscles look in a photo.

ps. everyone who's been replying, I have to thank you. You've given me some good laughs. The support here is admirable. :)

~Nabila

validates my observation