• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Fadi on Bodybuilding

Some great information here Fadi you've taught some important training points a lot better than some of the courses in my undergrad did. In fact applied exercise physiology is pretty much non existent besides the basic training principles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some great information here Fadi you've taught some important training points a lot better than some of the courses in my undergrad did. In fact applied exercise physiology is pretty much non existent besides the basic training principles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you Dave; that is great coming from you my friend.

Fadi.

It's great to actually understand why we train certain ways. Thank you for a well written article Fadi.

Fadi,

Thanks for taking your time to write great articles for this forum!

What's the go with this photo Fadi? Looks weird. You have shadows over your right arm (left side which we look at) and the other side being very hazy looks photoshopped to me

Attachments

• Fadi.jpg
    Fadi.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
What's the go with this photo Fadi? Looks weird. You have shadows over your right arm (left side which we look at) and the other side being very hazy looks photoshopped to me

What looks weird? Shadows over my right arm whilst the other arm looks blured? Is that it or are you implying something else? If you are then let's have it.

I'll reserve further comment until I see exactly what you mean. This is going to be very interesting so you'd better give it your best shot Damien.

Fadi.

What looks weird? Shadows over my right arm whilst the other arm looks blured? Is that it or are you implying something else? If you are then let's have it.

I'll reserve further comment until I see exactly what you mean. This is going to be very interesting so you'd better give it your best shot Damien.

Fadi.

Your photo looks "photshopped" the shadows near your right arm (left side to us) don't look normal. The shadows shouldn't be there your standing in a hallway not with a wall behind you, so where are the shadows coming from.

He did, just as an olympic lifter last month in the NSW Masters. His name is on the website so I doubt he is lying. The smudge could be explained by many things as it is an old photo (poor production, ageing), once again Fadi is not a young man anymore so he probably does not look the same as that (especially as he lost weight to compete in Olympic lifting). Second shadow are cast due to the blockage of light, depending on the location of the light source used in the photo any light blocked out will only appear as black (or vaguely dark) due to no light being taken in by the cameras lens. Therefore if the light was more to (our) right in that pic then there should be a small shadow behind the (our view) left side. This can be seen in the photo.

Honestly look at the shadows. I invite Fadi to compete onstage

You would do yourself a favour by reading what I write becasue I have already answered your question directly on 05-05-2010, 02:04 AM regarding competing as a bodybuilder. You however chose to ignore my answer and that is your right. But please don't come back here asking the same question over and over as to why I don't compete as a bodybuilder.

Here's the evidence to the above:
Have you ever competed Fadi? If so what federation? Can you post a recent picture of yourself.
Here was my reply to you:
Damien, the answer to your question is no, I've never competed as a bodybuilder though I did it for 25 1/2 years. It's a choice I made when I came to the sport when I was 18 1/2 years old back in 1984.

Coming from an extremely objective sport into an extremely subjective sport, I was not going to let anyone judge me based on looks, as I've said, it was a decision that I made at a young age and one I remained faithful to.

I did compete as an Olympic weightlifter though at the world championships. The photo I have on here is the only photo I have. Currently (since November of 2009), I've taken up Olympic weightlifting again and lost about 15kg in the process of mainly muscles (on purpose). No need for muscles built through bodybuilding when one's aim is to lift big.

I see that you've competed three times already and have been at it for the past eight years. You must have gained plenty of experience since you were 20. I wish you all the best at taking the Australian IFBB title.

Any more questions for me Damien :)?

Fadi.

Your reply:
No probs Fadi, good luck with the weightlifting matey, lifting big is something i definitely admire.

My reply:
Damien, there's something I would like you to know; I can talk bodybuilding based on my long years of experience until the cows come home, but you'll never hear me cutting you off when you're speaking mate, after all it is you and not I who has been on that bodybuilding stage. That is why I said to you from the outset; it's all about sharing of ideas. Now that you're here with us, I must say those ideas have just become that bit more powerful Sir.

I'm here to learn from you as much as you are here to learn from me, this is about each one of us encouraging the other to realise their dream.

All the best Champ.

Fadi.

So as you can see from the above, your question has been answered. Your first ever question to me since joining this forum was framed in a rude way which I let slip by. Here's how you worded your question:
Do you actually know what Glucogon does Fadi? "Glucagon mobilizes the release of stored body fat from the adipose tissue directly into the bloodstream, allowing your muscles to burn fat instead of glucose for energy."
Glucogen is a good thing for fat loss. Also insulin DOES NOT want to be present in the bloodstream having juice prior to the cardio in the morning is a big BIG NO NO!

My direct answer to your question re glucagon was this:
Yes.

Fadi.

Then moons decided to ask me the same question re glucagon, however the man was polite about it:
Fadi, if you know anything about this 'niche' of the previous subject I would be curious to hear it:

I gave moons a full answer.

Then your selective hearing goes on another rampage when you accused me of being a powerlifter when as I have made it amply clear to you that I began as an Olympic weightlifter and from there went onto bodybuilding:
If you are interested in powerlifting that's something Fadi would address as i know absolutely nothing about that subject.
I then told you that I was not a powerlifter to which you replied:
I assumed from the programs you made up and from your avatar that you were a powerlifter, sorry about the misunderstanding

I'll stop here regarding previous qustions and asnwers. Now coming back to this photo that seems to be causing you some grief; what if I told you that my daughter had a go at making it more vivid for the internet and in the process stuffed it up a bit with the shadows. Would you beleive me then? Another thing for you to think about is, I've been training with weights for longer than you've been alive, so to ask me to step on stage or compete (when I had already given you an answer re this subject) is very rude I find.

Damien, your competition is with yourself before anyone else, and from the attitude you've been displaying here with me since the day you've joined this forum, it's very clear that you have failed miserably. So how about growing up by first lifting your manners before contemplating lifting a weight again young man.

I have given my full name since day one and I'm out there to be checked and varified by anyone who wishes to do so, but accusations and insinuations are not something I'm about to accept from you or anyone else!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi , i don't think you have to explain yourself mate.
Everyone in this forum and in every other forum appreciate what you do , the help and and advice you give us .
I think derka steped over the line with that sort of question .....

Now coming back to this photo that seems to be causing you some grief; what if I told you that my daughter had a go at making it more vivid for the internet and in the process stuffed it up a bit with the shadows. Would you beleive me then?

So you have modified the photo? My point exactly and i don't think it's been slightly modifed i think it has been photoshopped if you want to get angry get angry i don't care my, opinion will not change on the issue

derka mate, your competition photo is taken when you are essentially photoshopped in real life, with oil, fake tan, fake lighting and heaven knows what else you bodybuilders put on your body so your muscles look more visible in photos. Take a good look at your own avatar again - do human beings look remotely like that?

So ease off on the irrelevant accusations, show some respect.

So you have modified the photo? My point exactly and i don't think it's been slightly modifed i think it has been photoshopped if you want to get angry get angry i don't care my, opinion will not change on the issue

Where has Fadi said that the photo WAS edited? I believe he has said "What if".