• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Exercise for the elderly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it's the same shit over and over
If you have a barbell and it leaves the floor, it's a fucken deadlift.

Maybe the problem with this forum is that a question like "Whats appropriate volume for an intermediate lifter?" or "How should one adjust a volume based program to lift on a cut?" attracts a complete silence, but post an insult (like Bricks revival of this thread) and the forum explodes with banter for about 2 pages.

I'm still trying to work out the answers to the previous 2 questions so any tips would be appreciated :p

edit: I dont seriously expect any.

Look it's the same shit over and over
If you have a barbell and it leaves the floor, it's a fucken deadlift.

does it say anything about a fucken elbow. My fucken elbow is getting sore doing Pull ups straight after Deadlifts.

Maybe the problem with this forum is that a question like "Whats appropriate volume for an intermediate lifter?" or "How should one adjust a volume based program to lift on a cut?" attracts a complete silence, but post an insult (like Bricks revival of this thread) and the forum explodes with banter for about 2 pages.

I'm still trying to work out the answers to the previous 2 questions so any tips would be appreciated :p

you contribute very little to any forum Joe, except diluting its ethics.

Hahahhahaha... the look on that presenters face as the guy was playing with his wang was priceless!! :D
[MENTION=10878]jj80[/MENTION]; I think if you want anything body-building related these days, you have to log on to the classic car website :p

you contribute very little to any forum Joe, except diluting its ethics.
I've offered my advice on a few subjects, from what little knowledge I've gleaned in 2 years of exercise/weight lifting. Generally with a 'it works for me' disclaimer.

I have no idea why you think I'm unethical. But you seem completely insane so I'm not really bothered by your guilt trips over my posting.

Joe, your two questions don't have a definitive answer because if they did then everyone would be doing the exact same thing and getting the exact same results.
one man's volume may be too much for another, why not see for yourself what works best for you.
In all seriousness, stop over thinking things, pick up the bar or dumbells and lift what you can for your chosen reps and then next time add a small amount of weight and do it again, low on energy? Try eating more, still no energy? Try taking a few days rest or an extra half hour of sleep each day.
It really is that simple Joe.

Last edited:
I've offered my advice on a few subjects, from what little knowledge I've gleaned in 2 years of exercise/weight lifting. Generally with a 'it works for me' disclaimer.

I have no idea why you think I'm unethical. But you seem completely insane so I'm not really bothered by your guilt trips over my posting.

why I think your unethical? Attacking forum members with a lot more experience than you. Attacking newbs. Attacking Bulk Nutrients just to suck up to Brick and Sticky so you can glean more information from them. Lurking members diaries and asking a lot of questions for your own self interest but without contributing much in return. Calling another member, with more ethics than you a Pedophile. The list goes on.

You don't seem to have the ability to make ethical judgements.

Last edited:
why I think your unethical? Attacking forum members with a lot more experience than you. Attacking newbs. Attacking Bulk Nutrients just to suck up to Brick and Sticky so you can glean more information from them. Lurking members diaries and asking a lot of questions for your own self interest but without contributing much in return. Calling another member, with more ethics than you a Pedophile. The list goes on.

Big call passing judgement when you threatened to kill him lol.

I'm all for threats of violence etc, just wondering if you see the irony in calling him out on his ethics when your own are a little askew.

Allright mate I'll respond cause I don't like coming across as a #$@$#@:
1) Dont think Ive attacked noobs (maybe that guy who was dq'd from some comp cause he did test? otherwise i try to help/encourage)
2) The bulk nutrients thing seemed sus. I indeed had to eat my own words on this one and I believe I did. I was pretty shocked NB would decieve everyone like that and didnt believe it at first.
3) I didnt mean to impose on members diaries. I like being asked questions so I figured others wouldnt mind. I'd contribute if I could but truth is I dont know that much so cant always.
4) That guy actually recommended a minor go to a prostitute. I think thats a really really bad thing to say to someone so young so I lost it a bit. In the end an adult got called a pedo. Really I think he can deal with it just fine, I would say it was water off a ducks back. Sometimes I think older guys live vicariously through younger men and advise them to do stupid shit. Tell me do you think that's a good thing to say to someone so young? An ethical thing? That could work out really badly for him.
5) The list? ok.

I think you misjudge me.

Actually doing overhead press right now and fucking round on the net between breaks... hence long response time.

Status
Not open for further replies.