• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I personally like the notion of raw means no wraps or belts or wrist wraps, knee and elbow sleeves.

You can't complain about wraps not being raw, then go and use a belt for dead lifts and squats.

Didnt callan bench like 190kg in a shirt with a 90kg max? If it was just for the lulz then fair enough lol.

Here is a fun question
I smoke cannabis often as well as synthetic cannabinoids. I like to train sometimes with a pre workout with dmaa in it. Maybe once a month i need to use an albuterol inhaler.

If i competed in PA, would i be considered a cheater?

Didnt callan bench like 190kg in a shirt with a 90kg max? If it was just for the lulz then fair enough lol.

All I know is I got sick of reading him say he was strong enough for a lift but missed it because it fell out of the groove.

It fucking fell out of the groove because you are not strong enough to keep it there.

Sorry guys but anybody comparing knee wraps to sleeves and belts is a fucking moron.

...especially if you don't even compete.

Sorry guys but anybody comparing knee wraps to sleeves and belts is a fucking moron.

Yep. It was brought up by cal that knee wraps are not raw because they aid the squat. If that is the argument he is sticking with then a belt isn't raw because it sure as fuck aids the squat especially and the dead for some people.

Care to explain your opinion? i get a lot more out of my belt than I do wraps, what's the difference in your mind?

You can get your opinion across without resorting to childish name calling.

A belt allows you to lift more weight, there is no doubt about it, it's not raw, you are AIDED by EQUIPMENT to lift more weight. Not as much as knee wraps, but it still aids you to lift more weight.

See this argument is exactly why we have multiple feds. Unfortunately PA restrict this somewhat

Belts give carryover that is negligable enough that they are not universally used in competition. Scott pulls without a belt. Warrick Brant squats without a belt. Lots of people lift without sleeves. When knee wraps are involved, everybody who is competitive uses them because of the quite significant carryover they give when used properly.

Very few get carryover from belts that is greater than from wraps. Chum you would indeed be a rarety.

And I'm not being childish. Ignorant opinions from non-competitors are indeed stupid. I'm being a bit PL elitist here but its true that your opinions in this argument are irrelevant until you've stepped on the platform and you're just throwing fuel on a fire unnecessarily.

Yeah yeah. I haven't competed yet. I get it but doesn't mean I can't see a flawed argument.

People arguing wraps are not raw because you get carryover.

Then saying belts are raw despite there being carryover. Those squatting in raw comps without a belt would be in the extreme minority. A 20kg squat increase from a belt would be pretty standard I would guess and then plenty get kgs out of a belt on the dead.

On your total a belt probably has similar impact as wraps do.

Belts give carryover that is negligable enough that they are not universally used in competition. Scott pulls without a belt. Warrick Brant squats without a belt. Lots of people lift without sleeves. When knee wraps are involved, everybody who is competitive uses them because of the quite significant carryover they give when used properly.

Very few get carryover from belts that is greater than from wraps. Chum you would indeed be a rarety.

And I'm not being childish. Ignorant opinions from non-competitors are indeed stupid. I'm being a bit PL elitist here but its true that your opinions in this argument are irrelevant until you've stepped on the platform and you're just throwing fuel on a fire unnecessarily.

My point still stands, a belt gives carryover, even if it's 1kg, it's still assistance to the lift. I personally don't care, but to say a belt is not assistance gear seems strange to me. And having pulled in competition with and without a belt, i get around 5kg carryover with the dead and a minimum of 10 in the squat. Do i consider a belt or wraps raw? No, will i wear them in competition? Yes.

Well whatever you all think I strongly disagree and I believe the consensus of powerlifters world wide backs my argument. The one thing that nearly every fed in the world agrees on is that belts are raw, for safety reasons as much as anything else. There is division over wraps but next to none on belts.