• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eating every hour

Reason I say smaller meals is basically it allows u to eat specific meals throughoutvthe day.. certain foods as we all know give certain advantages in terms of insulin and growth hormone spikes .. u obviously can't time these meals if u only eat 2-3 times a day...

None of here would eat a large meal just an hour before a workout .. most would experience themselves slowking down about a fair bit and end up having a sluggish workout .. then end up taking such stims as jacked etc..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Depends on your caloric intake... If youre on a 4000 cal diet, good luck fitting that into 3 meals. Yes, its possible... but I'd rather slam 6 smaller meals (definitely not small). I personally go for 3 main meals and 3 snacks.

I don't think eating when hungry is a good attitude for any serious lifter. Depends what you want to achieve...

There is no advantage or disadvantage to meal frequency. Eat when you're hungry or space it out so it allows you to eat the most / least

Waiting to be hungry is the last thing a person want's to do when trying to lose fat. The only thing I want to eat when I get really hungry is simple carbs, its what your body thinks it needs. If you plan your meals at set times it is less likely that you will over eat or eat the wrong food.

People should try eating 3 meals v 6-7 meals a day and not change anything else. By keeping everything constant you can see for yourself if it makes a difference or not. Measuring changes in terms of body composition is tricky unless people do body fat tests before and after.

Good luck Joel. Report your findings.

There is no advantage or disadvantage to meal frequency. Eat when you're hungry or space it out so it allows you to eat the most / least

Oral only cycle and eating only when hungry - you sir should be a guru.

Waiting to be hungry is the last thing a person want's to do when trying to lose fat. The only thing I want to eat when I get really hungry is simple carbs, its what your body thinks it needs. If you plan your meals at set times it is less likely that you will over eat or eat the wrong food.

People should try eating 3 meals v 6-7 meals a day and not change anything else. By keeping everything constant you can see for yourself if it makes a difference or not. Measuring changes in terms of body composition is tricky unless people do body fat tests before and after.

Good luck Joel. Report your findings.

I spend a lot of my time hungry, pretty much 15 minutes after I finish eating I'll be hungry again. You just have to get used to being hungry. I agree with you though and as I stated you only need to arrange your meals so that you can eat the most or least depending on what your goals are. Only thing that I would change around is which meal is the biggest etc as you want most of your carbs and protein after training or mid afternoon if you're not training that day. I find that 3 or 4 meals is best for me. I have my meals normally at 1, 4, 7 and 10PM. I can't really eat a great deal in the morning so I will eat a lot in my 1pm and 7pm meals

Oral only cycle and eating only when hungry - you sir should be a guru.

As long as you get your protein down and stick to your total calories it doesn't really matter. It's what DC trainers do, they don't even count their calories

You should be eating every 2-3 hours anyway so you stay in a anabolic state.

So if you eat every 6 hours does that mean you are catabolic for the 2nd 1/2 of that period?
Wouldn't this cancel all gains made during the first 3 hour anabolic period?

Depends on your caloric intake... If youre on a 4000 cal diet, good luck fitting that into 3 meals. Yes, its possible... but I'd rather slam 6 smaller meals (definitely not small). I personally go for 3 main meals and 3 snacks.

I don't think eating when hungry is a good attitude for any serious lifter. Depends what you want to achieve...

4000 calories in 3 meals is pretty easy.

You can eat one meal a day and get decent gains. It takes a lot longer than 12 hours for protein to get from your stomach, broken down into AA's, enter your bloodstream and be utilised for muscle repair.

I think leangains touched this subject somewhere

This stuff has just been used for years and years....it works...simple lol

Empirical evidence vs scientific data
Just because something works doesn't mean the reasoning behind it is correct