• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Double Ply

Sherro, Do you know whats the difference between Pro squater and the ace?
It says on underground you can use the Pro for Sumo deadlifting too.

Thought i would throw my ten cents in here as i lift equipped:
Bench
Raw = 190kg, Equipped (2 ply Metal open back) = 234.5kg, the shirt was 2nd hand and is big for me, i need about 5more kgs of upper body mass to fit properly.
Squat
Raw = 220kg, Equipped (Single ply suit and knee wraps) = 300kg,
Deadlift
Not much of a factor.

With the Metal shirt, it has been the best by far the best shirt i have had, previously i blew out sinlge ply Inzers and Titans, just my technique with those doesn't work. I find if my raw lifting is strong, my equipped is also. the 2 are trained diffrent but the lifts are still the same for me technique wise.

I agree with Markos, both raw and equipped have their place and can easliy co exist. One isn't better or worse than the other, just different.

Wow a touch the first go that's really good Jeff just don't tell Henry you touched first time in a new shirt lol. they are supposed to be a really good shirt and that is a very good carryover for a loose shirt obviously the metal suits your style better than the Titan

Sherro, Do you know whats the difference between Pro squater and the ace?
It says on underground you can use the Pro for Sumo deadlifting too.

Basically Pro has one piece straps, Ace has velcro straps. But the longwinded answer involves the way the thread pulls etc. Overall the Ace is their top of the line suit. The Pro will be easier to learn but not as good. I've pulled sumo in my pro. You can also pull in the Ace.

Looks and sounds liked a jacked up Ace Pro. More intense though. I'd love one but the missus hates orange and there is no way she will let me get an orange suit. Plus I just ordered a new Ace Pro

Ive just broken in a 2ply overkill squat suit, its a beast. Im thinking of going raw now though. Sold my metal ace pro 58, the leg openings where way to small for me. An alteration was far to expensive where I live.

What did the overkill suit set you back? On another note if you want to get rid of it I might take it haha

Only set me back 225 plus 50 postage, custom made to. Saved heaps compared to what i payed for the ace pro, its the damn postage that killed me.

haa mate im not ready to part with it just yet, but can give you Rudy's email from overkill if you want.

You will have fun in the ace pro, one think ive found compared to the overkill the ace is a little squishy, where as the overkill just rips me to shreds lol.