• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you include the weight of the bar...

so graham

There was a female xfitter today at my asca seminar who was doing one of the workshop modules.

She works as a sports physio and seemed to know her stuff.
Till i found out she did xfitt which made me go huh?

Some of u reading this will know why i was confused.

P.S she was 38 and shredded while on paleo diet. She was doing dynamic warmups and had her glutes and really :eek: angles.

haha, an ant. I like it.

I've come down from 75kg, so I guess that's what makes it hard to imagine! LBM makes a huge difference though - I have friends who weigh the same as me but look bigger just because they have more fat. I'm trying to put on more muscle, but am finding it hard to eat enough - I'm really good at portion control and stopping when I have had enough that I don't think I eat enough over maintenance to build muscle. I hit around 1600 cals most days.
Should aim at around 1800 cals roughly, smash that protein!

so graham

There was a female xfitter today at my asca seminar who was doing one of the workshop modules.

She works as a sports physio and seemed to know her stuff.
Till i found out she did xfitt which made me go huh?

Some of u reading this will know why i was confused.

P.S she was 38 and shredded while on paleo diet. She was doing dynamic warmups and had her glutes and really :eek: angles.
This is related to bar weight, how?

haha, an ant. I like it.

I've come down from 75kg, so I guess that's what makes it hard to imagine! LBM makes a huge difference though - I have friends who weigh the same as me but look bigger just because they have more fat. I'm trying to put on more muscle, but am finding it hard to eat enough - I'm really good at portion control and stopping when I have had enough that I don't think I eat enough over maintenance to build muscle. I hit around 1600 cals most days.

I struggle with it too. I'm supposed to get to around 2000 kCals per day but ZOMG ... I end up eating so much fat (good fats but still) because otherwise how the heck... still I've found I've made some gains. I'm super lean in terms of BF though so if I pack on a little BF with it I can lose that easily enough. My family laughs hysterically at me eating all the time...

well if that's the case... I have reached most of my lifting goals for the year. I can have the rest of the year off!:rolleyes:

But seriously I never have counted the bar.

I just became stronger from reading :D

Yes. Include the bar. A ladies Olympic bar weighs 15kg compared to the blokes which is 20kg. Why wouldn't you factor in the bars weight? It has mass, like the plates, yeah?

There is something strange about....I'm not sure what it is though...

Yes. Include the bar. A ladies Olympic bar weighs 15kg compared to the blokes which is 20kg. Why wouldn't you factor in the bars weight? It has mass, like the plates, yeah?

There is something strange about....I'm not sure what it is though...

does this make me a tiny bloke then? only ever been allowed to use the 20kg bar...wow, I've been seriously cheated!!! LOL :cool:

mens bar is 28mm diameter, womens bar is 25mm diameter..
if you can grip the 28, is possibly (fractionally) better for grip strength

Weightlifting bars to IWF specs this is the case.

Powerlifting bars outside the IPF do vary though
(think a Texas deadlift bar is 27mm diameter, Mastodon squat bar 32mm diameter)

Correct. Most gyms don't offer female lifting bars....due to being a lot more expensive than cheap york bars. Because I'm a nice bloke here is a linky for a ladies bar sold by a great business. Our gym gets everything from IronEdge

I'm looking to get a 5ft bar for my home gym, just space wise so much better for good mornings and rows etc, 7ft bar is too wide now I have the squat rack in there.

I'm looking to get a 5ft bar for my home gym, just space wise so much better for good mornings and rows etc, 7ft bar is too wide now I have the squat rack in there.
take the safties out of the rack and do your rows in the rack. and depending on how long the rack is u could probably do good mornings in it

Correct. Most gyms don't offer female lifting bars....due to being a lot more expensive than cheap york bars. Because I'm a nice bloke here is a linky for a ladies bar sold by a great business. Our gym gets everything from IronEdge

Love IronEdge ... but I'm happy using the bloky bar. Very good for developing grip strength. I don't have grippage issues on DLs anymore after consistent practice over time (no straps). Unless I'm having an off day and then kaboom....dropping stuff everywhere...:eek:

Well... it's worth trying a ladies bar out. It's got a smaller diameter than the men's...because men usually have bigger hands.

On a weirder different note, I think smaller men should be able to use ladies bar in weightlifting competitions. By smaller I mean in weight classes up to the 62kg....since they are obviously smaller.

Or they could stop being girls

Female IPF lifters would have to use the Elieko PL bar (29mm I think).

Don't see what makes weight lifters so special :p

Ps Deep re: rows and good mornings.

Depending on why you're doing them you could probably do both off the pins of your rack