• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you include the weight of the bar...

Persistenttiger

when you write down what weights you lifted :confused:

Might not make a huge difference for a lot of you, but it sounds a lot better for me to say I squat 35kg instead of 15!

(That is if the bar is even 20kg - I don't know?! It feels heavier than 15kg.)

when you write down what weights you lifted :confused:

Might not make a huge difference for a lot of you, but it sounds a lot better for me to say I squat 35kg instead of 15!

(That is if the bar is even 20kg - I don't know?! It feels heavier than 15kg.)

Well, I'm with you. I use a 20kg bar and given I weigh just under 45kg myself, that's a significant portion of my bodyweight I'm lifting in addition to the plates. So hell yeah, I count it.
But I usually say X kg WITH THE BAR ... LOL

Well, I'm with you. I use a 20kg bar and given I weigh just under 45kg myself, that's a significant portion of my bodyweight I'm lifting in addition to the plates. So hell yeah, I count it.
But I usually say X kg WITH THE BAR ... LOL

Wow you must be tiny! I'm the same height as you and weigh 51kg (with no boobs, lol).. I can't imagine being 7kg lighter!

always ad the weight of the bar. u lift it, u add it (with the exception of spring collars :D )

You can make you own home made one by strapping a cat with a piece of toast face up to the bar at either end.

You can make you own home made one by strapping a cat with a piece of toast face up to the bar at either end.
LOL troll science at its best... if you want it to spin you butter the toast, because cats always land on their feet and taost always lands butter side down... or is it up? idk lol

Thanks for clearing that up for me... feels like a stupid question now, lol.

Okay, actually it felt like a stupid question to begin with but I wasn't sure what the convention was!

Okay, actually it felt like a stupid question to begin with but I wasn't sure what the convention was!

No stupid questions, just stupid answers.

No one else on this forum can add 20kgs to their lifts like you can now :p

Lol don't worry it was a legitimate questions. I also wondered the same thing when people were posting weights online and stuff.

U know I get asked this a bit from the new members. I just tell em if the bar hit them on the head from lifting by itself does it hurt?

Then why not include it?

Wow you must be tiny! I'm the same height as you and weigh 51kg (with no boobs, lol).. I can't imagine being 7kg lighter!

Ha! I'm trying to pack on some LBM to get to 51kg! I was even lighter.
I like to think of myself as an ant...I can lift a lot heavier than anyone imagines... lol
but yeah, no boobs.. which is fine by me, they just get in the way :p

haha, an ant. I like it.

I've come down from 75kg, so I guess that's what makes it hard to imagine! LBM makes a huge difference though - I have friends who weigh the same as me but look bigger just because they have more fat. I'm trying to put on more muscle, but am finding it hard to eat enough - I'm really good at portion control and stopping when I have had enough that I don't think I eat enough over maintenance to build muscle. I hit around 1600 cals most days.