• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Defrancos top 10 training myths

Maybe 6

Bench is a great exercise but is unnecessarily the cornerstone to many programs.

The shoulder one seems odd too.

Defranco is an interesting story where he has built a business by giving out tons of free info. And its paid him back many times over. There is no magic to what he does, its just all hard work without the bs. The underestimated quality is his ability to motivate his athletes so they really get results.

Last edited:
My problem with defranco is pretty much 100% envy. Well I wouldn't say envy exactly I just don't know the right word

Everyone is always on about how good a trainer he is etc etc. He takes elite athletes and makes them stronger and yup, they are still elite athletes. Did he make the athletes elite in the first place? nope

If you look at Miles Austins numbers when training at Defrancos he got him to drop a ton of weight but he was less powerful afterwards. Also amazing how many of his guys pb in the gym and not when it counts.

Not hatin of JD, just supporting this pov.