• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I also saw series in 75-76, when aussies smashed west indies 5-1 in test series, although windies better in one-day matches.

First cricket i remember is the one day series that they used to have in the 80s.it was a tri series every year with different teams.was infuriating that Aussie used to win it all the time,except when the Windies toured.lol.they used to have double headers on the weekend where they would make the kiwis play twice.

.I remember the kiwis running down 290+ vs the poms in 1983 which back then was the equivalent of scoring 400.+...nowadays that seems to be a par score.lol.

enough demented rambling.wat were we talking about again?Oh yeah Clarke.

Last edited:
Aren't you like 26 years of age. Did you ever see Border bat. Have you ever seen a pace attack of the likes that Border faced.

I think Shrek already admitted he is trolling. He likes Clarke because Clarke grew up in his home town and coz he's a Blue.

Case closed, Border superior to Clarke.

I'm 31. And yes I've seen Border bat. I didn't say a bad thing about Border at all. He was a legend.
I just said that Clarke will go down as one of the greats and he's a champ.

I'm 31. And yes I've seen Border bat. I didn't say a bad thing about Border at all. He was a legend.
I just said that Clarke will go down as one of the greats and he's a champ.

OK, I apologise for the mistake.

and [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; apologises for implying that Clarke was superior to Border :p

Is too hard to compare really. Clarke had superior average and technique but Border may have faced superior opposition. To difficult too compare. Both up there amongst the greats.

I agree with whoever said Boonie too...who cares how runs he made, he's a great too!! And he took that screamer to get Warnie his hat trick.

it is hard to compere.

Some commentator made point that test batting averages over 50 have increased dramatically in recent times, boundaries closer in and so on.

it is hard to compere.

Some commentator made point that averages over 5 have increased dramatically in recent times, boundaries closer in and so on.

Interesting.

A champion from one era would usually be a champion in most eras.

yes, champs do what it takes to rise to top in given era.

It is silly to say, for example, Bolt is better than Owens, simply on 100m times.

Different track surfaces, training methods, incentives to stay in sport, not to mention ...

Border certainly faced awesome Windies teams.

I see Watson regained his spot due to the injury to Mitch Marsh. He's going to play as a genuine all-rounder according to Lehman.

Fckn blessed Kunt. Although he did bowl ok in the last test second innings for no wickets.

I agree with whoever said Boonie too...who cares how runs he made, he's a great too!! And he took that screamer to get Warnie his hat trick.

Boon entered the Aussie team when they were in a state of flux sometime around 85-86 if my memory serves me correctly.Im not sure if he actually had a great start to his career,much like Steve Waugh.It was difficult times back then.The selectors were trying different guys in the hope they would get going.They certainly got it right with those 2.
I bet thats hard to beleive for the younger guys who are so used to the Aussie team being dominant.
However it took maybe 2-3 yrs to really settle in and start scoring big.He was a gritty customer.Great square of the wicket.Used to absolutely blitz the ball if it was short outside the off stump.

Another guy that i used to hate/admire was Dean Jones.hate him because he was so good especially in the one dayers.Extremely frustrating.Would run like its indoor cricket.Was the first guy i remember who would literally run fielding sides off there feet.I reckon he changed how teams fielded ,he was that good at turning 1s into 2s and so on and so forth.
Scored quickly because of his ability to take singles even off good deliverys.Must of been super fit.

in my opinion at his peak,Jones was up there with the best one day batsmen ever.He was a real danger man in that format.It was imperative you got him out early or he would steal the game from you..Without referring to google,im pretty sure his one day average was close to 50 at a high strike rate.Comparable with Viv Richards.Boon became a very good opener in one dayers whereas Border and Waugh were good but their main specialty was the test format where they had time to blunt and assert.
Whereas Jones was at you from ball 1,looking to score.

Boon was average at one dayers. Moderate average and not a great strike rate. Jones was far superior.

Boon was average at one dayers. Moderate average and not a great strike rate. Jones was far superior.

Boonie wasn't a great, but what he taught us was grit. Fook me, any kunce who can drink 52 Cans then back up playing international Cricket has my admiration. :D

[MENTION=10608]Gerry[/MENTION]; yep, Dean Jones could destroy an attack in One Dayers. Then something happened to him and he just fell off the scene real quick. But at his best, one of the greatest One Day Batsmen of all time.

i havent used any net resources like wiki or cricinfo to check averages and wat not.I do know for a while both Boon and Geoff Marsh had quite the solid opening partnership.Im pretty sure they won the World cup in 87 on the subcontinent with this pair.They were pretty good.