• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Border was great no doubt. A great leader too. Clarke's all over him as a batsman though.

i disagree based on i was actually around when Border was playing and wishing he would get out.lol

You have to look at the context.Border played in fairly weak Aussie teams for the most part vs better bowling attacks.He inherited a weak team.A lot of the times he was on the backfoot playing last man standing innings.By the time Border left,it was the start of a golden era for Aussie cricket.Clarke faced weaker attacks in stronger teams, and inherited a strong team.

Border is better.Theres a bunch of Aussie batsmen that are rated higher than Clarke.
The numbers speak for themselves. Clarke the hands down better batsmen

Absolutely, to suggest Clarke won't go down as one of the greats is ludicrous...not entirely likeable, but he's a champ.

Absolutely, to suggest Clarke won't go down as one of the greats is ludicrous...not entirely likeable, but he's a champ.

Aren't you like 26 years of age. Did you ever see Border bat. Have you ever seen a pace attack of the likes that Border faced.

I think Shrek already admitted he is trolling. He likes Clarke because Clarke grew up in his home town and coz he's a Blue.

Case closed, Border superior to Clarke.

I wasn't trolling at all.
Clarke is the superior batsman in my opinion.
You believe Border is. We'll just agree to disagree.

I wasn't trolling at all.
Clarke is the superior batsman in my opinion.
You believe Border is. We'll just agree to disagree.

I will guarantee you that the majority of Cricket experts would say Border was the superior Cricketer ........ and prolly Batsman.

Fair enough if that's what they think.
Personally I think Steve Waugh trumps both for grit and determination although not as gifted technically.

Aren't you like 26 years of age. Did you ever see Border bat. Have you ever seen a pace attack of the likes that Border faced.

I think Shrek already admitted he is trolling. He likes Clarke because Clarke grew up in his home town and coz he's a Blue.

Case closed, Border superior to Clarke.

its easy to scoff at the oldies when they reminisce about the greats of yesteryear being superior to modern day cricketers.Thats until you start getting older yourself and realise that the likes of Holding,Marshall,Garner and co were actually superior,im deadset srs.You go back further and guys like Lillee and Thompson would of eaten up anyone today.Thompson at his peak probably bowled at 170 klicks man...Factor in pitches were probably nastier as well.
Clarke is a pretty good player.But he never took on the quality that Border had to.Averages only tell half the story.Shrek being only 26 yrs old means he watched about half the cricket i have.and i admit i havent followed it as closely in recent years compared to when i was younger.

Shrek being only 26 yrs old means he watched about half the cricket i have.and i admit i havent followed it as closely in recent years compared to when i was younger.

Shreks not 26, more like 56. Dicko I think is 26.

Yeah, fuck facing Lillee, Thompson, Roberts, Holding, Garner, Marshall, Croft, Ambrose and co on those dodgey pitches. Safety equipment was of less quality too back then.

look it may sound like im exaggerating but Thompson was measured post shoulder injury at 160 ks.correct if im wrong.Then you have his action which means you dont see the ball for the majority of his action.f that man.

Shreks not 26, more like 56. Dicko I think is 26.

Yeah, fuck facing Lillee, Thompson, Roberts, Holding, Garner, Marshall, Croft, Ambrose and co on those dodgey pitches. Safety equipment was of less quality too back then.

Ambrose came along towards the tail end of those other guys but arguably was the greatest of all.He never seemed that interested when playing vs NZ.he tended to save his best for Aussie and the Poms.

look it may sound like im exaggerating but Thompson was measured post shoulder injury at 160 ks.correct if im wrong.Then you have his action which means you dont see the ball for the majority of his action.f that man.
Yeah Thomo had the fastest delivery for awhile, then Holding took it.

But when you're facing 5 brutually quick paceman it is relentless. Border was one of the very few to not wilt against the Windies. I remember Roberts steaming in to Border at the MCG around 1980 and Border clapping his bat in defiance of Robert's bouncers. No face guard on the helmet. Holding, Garner or Croft prolly coming from the other end. Then the amount of times Border came in at number 6 and saved Australia was almost habitual. Border was a legend.