• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

BN for me
Apparently Creapure is also good shit.. I personally am not consistent enough to notice much of a difference

Yeah. I am using creapure. It cost $79 for 1kg, whereas the BN price is $19 for the same amount. I am guessing 100% pure creatine mono is pure creatine mono no matter which brand.

Yeah. I am using creapure. It cost $79 for 1kg, whereas the BN price is $19 for the same amount. I am guessing 100% pure creatine mono is pure creatine mono no matter which brand.

Stick with cheap creatine mono. Despite what supp companies will try and tell you none of the other types of creatine are any better than mono and can even be less effective.

This is the best supplementation if you aks me. I recommend taking 5g to 10g of creatine monohydrate, half before and half after your workout. Creatine monohydrate is the least expensive form of the supplement and is 90 percent absorbable. I increased my strength and muscle mass due to increased exercise intensity; this is facilitated by the Creatine supplementation. Increased muscle mass and strength are unlikely to occur with out an increase in training intensity. However, some research has started to show a protein synthesising effect of Creatine supplementation in vitro.

IT ACTUALLY WORKS! I have been taking a pre-workout mix that has creatine Tri malate in it. Seems to be just as effective... In my opinion anyway.

A friend of mine who is vego started loading on creatine mono 10g day and night.
He got so sick he put himself in hospital, he got jaundice and it took months to clear. He was advised to not load but to slowly introduce back into the body.....
Any thoughts on this?

Haven't heard too much go wrong with creatine, except dehydration ....

creatine

the steroid:D

sorry, i just found this a lil funny:D

do you still use con-cret? the most overhyped and overpriced creatine of all time?

food poisoning or lactose intolerance?

burning hot feeling in the guts ? could be lactose intolerance

Can get a similar thing with aspirin or anti-inflammatories on an empty stomach ,
not pleasant at all.

keep the fluids up and flush it out!
Hopefully goes away quickly

Trying the process of elimination, stopping Creatine today.
I'm not a big dairy eater but going to get intolerances checked next visit. Thanks Lex :)

Haven't taken something or shake or albumin or other protein powder thats close to the end of its date or gone off in the container ?

But there is/was a nasty stomach flu going around.
Had it in may and dropped 7kg in 3 days.

If its lactose intolerance take a lactase tablet or couple with your shakes

Just ran into this thread and have an old bulk container of CM around somewhere... might start using it.

Any recommendations on best way / time to take it? Google search came up with all sorts of advice...

Supplement shop a few years ago said to take with juice / electrolyte sports drink etc as a "transport mechanism" to help it hit the muscles.

The only other creatine I'm getting is from my PWO.