• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

https://www.bulkpowders.com.au/product.php?id=111

I tried a sample of this new flavoured creatine in a Peach flavour at FitX it tasted great.

I used the growling dog Creatine Ethyl Ester years ago, the only way I could use it was with a 50ml shot glass made me gag every time.

My understanding is that there is no loading and a lower dosage on this creatine also.

Price is amazing 900g for $46

Personally I get good results from Creapure, but this may be worth a look next cycle

Last edited:
So you need to take probably 2 x creatine mono for the same effects of purple k ?

Don't know the pricing, but I'd assume the purple k its many times more than double the price of mono?

well not to get into any price wars it comes down to more than just price with this, the fact that the real science, not the product science im talking real published medical and science studies show that creatine mono converts into the catabolic creatinine it more or less makes you wonder what you should and shouldn't be taking. Honestly i don't buy into all the science until i try something for myself. But after using it the science rang true.

Creatine mono is basically a double positive with a single negative ie your taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards in terms of muscle growth. If it is in fact converting into creatinine then it is stripping muscle tissue and what of the serve you take is actual still creatine then it is anabolic to muscle growth.

So to compare creatine mono to purple k isn't really comparable creatine mono has its good points and its bad points, purple k only has the fact that it is near 100% absorbed and not converted into creatinine so therefore it is not catabolic and 100% anabolic to muscle growth, this is proven with what little dose you need to take to get results.

And like i said before i wasn't a believer in the product until i tried it, i am not one to go with the trends and i have used my fair amount of creatines, by far this so far is the best i have come across, it works it works well and the dose taken is relative to what the science suggests.

As for the price we also have a buy in bulk and save going where you get 2 or more cheaper than just 1 and once the forum sponsor ship on here is taken care of we can offer a further discount on top of that bulk discount.

I am totally not saying throw your creatine mono in the bin it certainly does work you just need to load it up and take 3-5g for it to work but like i said 2 steps forward 1 step backwards so your only taking 1 step forward at the end of the day as it will be anabolic and also catabolic to growth both at the same time.

But i am sure there are plenty of other studies well funded by supplement companies out there to dispute anything i say so i thought i'd say that now before 100 people post creatine studies up. Fact are facts use it and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. DrTallon@CR-Technologies.net

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) a “Buffered” creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (CreapureÒ). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37± 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.

Ok so this study showed that Creatine Mono had only 1% degradation and Kre-alkalyn had 35% greater degradation than mono under acidic conditions.

Moral of the story, stick with the tried and proven creatine mono.

Oh snap. Proven by science. Who would have guessed. :rolleyes:

Good work finding that Baz. Was smelling like a lot of Bro-Science going on there for a minute. Creatine Mono all the way

Its 39.95...pretty sure ppl can budget that in lol

I'm not saying that people could not budget for $40. I'm saying why would you want to pay that much when there are cheaper products such as CM that have been proven to work. It's value for money.

Ok so this study showed that Creatine Mono had only 1% degradation and Kre-alkalyn had 35% greater degradation than mono under acidic conditions.

Moral of the story, stick with the tried and proven creatine mono.

a pretty simple google search of the following returns a boat load of results on the info you want about monohydrate converting into creatinine.

search the following: "creatine monohydrate converting into creatinine"

It was found that almost immediately after adding water to creatine monohydrate that the majority of it rapidly converted to the toxic by-product creatinine. This held true no matter how "unique" the formulation was claimed to be, or the purity of it's assayed dry creatine content.

a pretty simple google search of the following returns a boat load of results on the info you want about monohydrate converting into creatinine.

search the following: "creatine monohydrate converting into creatinine"

The scientific studies that show this please.

From
Jäger R, Harris RC, Purpura M, Francaux M. Comparison of the latest varieties of creatine in raising plasma creatine levels. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007 Nov 12;4:17.

Differences in bioavailability are thought to be unlikely since absorption of CrM is already close to 100%.

Gym Coach Journal (2009)
Volume: 3, Issue: June, Pages: 1-7

However, consumers should carefully consider the manufacturers claims that Kre-Alkalyn is more effective than creatine monohydrate in light of the fact that such claims are not substantiated by independent research

The scientific studies that show this please.

hi mate im not a med journal or a google expert.
All i have done is been around the bush a few times taken many different forms of creatine, have taken 3-5g of creatine since i can remember and now im only taking 1.5g and getting the same results......

like i said before in the first post there will be 100 different studies which dispute anything i say and then there will be more studies to dispute what those studies say.

hi mate im not a med journal or a google expert.
All i have done is been around the bush a few times taken many different forms of creatine, have taken 3-5g of creatine since i can remember and now im only taking 1.5g and getting the same results......

Just that you said there were scientific studies that prove what you were saying.

Also anecdotes are not evidence.

like i said before in the first post there will be 100 different studies which dispute anything i say and then there will be more studies to dispute what those studies say.

That is why you have to look at the overall picture and quality of studies. Looking at the overall evidence the independent studies show that Creatine Mono is still "King" the studies that talk about the negatives of creatine mono, surprise surprise, come from supplement companies selling other forms of creatine.

The common negatives brought up about CM in favor of other creatines.

1. You have to load CM

well you don't.

2. You have to cycle CM

You don't

3. CM breaks down in stomach acid

It doesn't and actually breaks down less than other forms of creatine.

I just buy it from Bulk Nutrients, $19 for 1kg. Can't beat that and it's 100% pharmaceutical grade with no dodgy additives.

Thanks Big Mick, I knew there was a $19 sale somewhere.

Try searching creatine on ausbb and see how many results you get!

Bulk supplements.com.au is awesome... I am interested. I am a creatine monohydrate guy and really rate it a an effective supplement. I am wondering whether any of y'all have tried any of the derivatives. Ethyl ester, Tri maleate, Creatinol phosphate. All are more expensive than mono...