• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
already explained where i know it from, i dont need to read studies to learn things..ive actually been out into the world unlike you. its commonly taught in most wilderness medical training. you an expert on that now as well?

So you still haven't worked it out oral rehydration and IV are different things.

IV saline is too salty for idea oral rehydration. So why are you still trying to use IV coconut water in last resort senarios as an argument for better oral rehydration.

Even if you have servere dehydration coconut water needs extra salt added for optimal oral hyrdation.

If you need an oral solution for dehydration situation use a proper oral rehydration solution otherwise youre fine drinking what you feel like.

i honestly laugh every time i read your replies

Are you posting this because you have once again failed to be able to argue your point.

Why not not try another YouTube clip again in an attempt to hide the fact you can't back your argument up properly.

I can't believe you guys are still arguing alongside Fadi with his talk out plain water dehydrating you, dead water, water with zero minerals. Lol.

Me. Normally I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Every now and then I am just wide awake almost all night for no reason, normally I just get up and do computer work. Got to sleep at 3:45 woke up at 4:30 for work.

Me. Normally I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Every now and then I am just wide awake almost all night for no reason, normally I just get up and do computer work. Got to sleep at 3:45 woke up at 4:30 for work.

delusions of grandeur keeping you up?

Pull yah farkin heads in kunce.

Lets get back to Coconut Water!

Have not seen enough studies on coconut water to really see what the impact on hydration/replacing electrolytes is - I know alot of sports teams now have now replaced the old Powerade/Gatorade with Coconut Water - but for your avg everyday trainer I don't think it will make much difference tbh. I have been drinking coffee flavored coconut water lately > mixing it in my protein shakes in the morning - purely though from a taste perspective - tastes like an ice coffee...

Just another fade but prob with some merit though - more than likely fade out though over the next few years and something else will take its place...

Have not seen enough studies on coconut water to really see what the impact on hydration/replacing electrolytes is - I know alot of sports teams now have now replaced the old Powerade/Gatorade with Coconut Water - but for your avg everyday trainer I don't think it will make much difference tbh. I have been drinking coffee flavored coconut water lately > mixing it in my protein shakes in the morning - purely though from a taste perspective - tastes like an ice coffee...

Just another fade but prob with some merit though - more than likely fade out though over the next few years and something else will take its place...

Coconut water been around for thousands of years, so not a fad (not fade) really, just because westerners have just realised the benefits, of drinking a natural (living as Fadi likes to call it) beverage rather than a sugar loaded sports drink.

Bazza seems to think it's the same as normal water, which it clearly is not, and seems to find fault that for some reason the electrolyte balance is not 100% perfect, then again which food has the perfect balance of ingredients, I think the body is smarter than that (even Bazza's body is probably smarter than what he is), and the body will take what it needs and discard the rest, getting other nutrients and electrolytes from other sources as required.

Not sure what an average trainer is really, if I train I sweat, same as an elite athlete and I also need electrolytes to keep going throughout my day. It's currently 42 degrees in my training area (I just checked it and came inside to hydrate before going out to train, sipping water at the moment) I will be out there in about 30 minutes sweating up a storm, pretty sure I will need electrolytes the same as an elite athlete.

Was hot here yesterday and my lawn really needed doing so I weight myself before doing the lawns, and again after, I lost around 1.3kg of sweat in around 2hrs, and I was sipping water throughout from a 800ml water bottle that I finished off while mowing, so that is around 2.1kg of water or 2.1 litres for the novices that my body 'used up' to keep cool.

Personally I think may be 500ml (may be more, only guessing) of coconut water in addition to my water would have had a good effect on my electrolyte levels, more so than the 800ml of plain old tap water I drank. So no need to be a professional athlete to require a lot of water and electrolytes, just working outdoors in a hot climate will do it.

And all this because my 13 year old daughter likes drinking it... and Bazza thinks the sky is still green :D

PS I just bought another four litres today as stocks were running low at home, beware the wrath of a 13 year old girl:)

Last edited:
They've always said drink 1L per hour if you're working in hot weather or just plain exercising....nothing surprising there mickey

Put some sea salt in your tap water and you'll be doing just fine.

A good way to know whether you are losing fluid is to weigh yourself directly before and after the activity.

is coconut water good?
bloody oath it is, but for us average punters, water will do the trick, if your activity is strenuous and goes longer than an hour and you do this everyday and you're not getting enough fluids, coconut water is not the magic bullet, iced water with lemon will do more for you.

Last edited: