• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap healthy foods

You can`t get a low sugar honey but you can get a high sugar honey.
Make sure you buy NATURAL honey as the cheap shit is watered down and then glucose is added to make it go further.

"The sugar in honey is natural, why would you care?"

Natural or not too much sugar is not a good thing so don`t got overboard.

thats why i need someone to link me on my other thread :(

It is harder to control the cooking in a microwave. There are a few things you can do. Add more liquid, use a lower setting on your microwave and stop to check the progress more frequently.

Personally find that they taste much better made on the stove top. Creamier, can get the consistency just right.

And honey is a natural sugar, but its still sugar. If you were a diabetic you would have to treat it like any other simple sugar source.

There is a 'fake' honey that you can get, just can't remember the name of it. Expensive, but has the flavour and texture without all the sugar. Other option is to look for sugar free maple flavoured syrup. Again, not the easiest to find, but specialty retailers tend to have that sort of stuff.

Just had a quick read. For 1/2 cup oats, you would need at least a cup of water. You use 2/3 cup water for 1/3 cup oats. Thats the standard recipe anyway.

It is harder to control the cooking in a microwave. There are a few things you can do. Add more liquid, use a lower setting on your microwave and stop to check the progress more frequently.

Personally find that they taste much better made on the stove top. Creamier, can get the consistency just right.

And honey is a natural sugar, but its still sugar. If you were a diabetic you would have to treat it like any other simple sugar source.

There is a 'fake' honey that you can get, just can't remember the name of it. Expensive, but has the flavour and texture without all the sugar. Other option is to look for sugar free maple flavoured syrup. Again, not the easiest to find, but specialty retailers tend to have that sort of stuff.

Ok cool what would be a good amount on a cut to get a nice flavor on 1/2 cup of oats?

Just had a quick read. For 1/2 cup oats, you would need at least a cup of water. You use 2/3 cup water for 1/3 cup oats. Thats the standard recipe anyway.

thanks XD

Speaking of cheap healthy food, I bought $20 of tuna 210g in spring water for 50cents each from Coles... Score! How much daily can I eat saftely?

If your a serious athlete wouldn't you save your money instead of spending it on booze?

Shopping today:-

- apples, bananas and mandarines, 2.7kg
- capsicum, 1.4kg
- zucchini, 0.9kg
- carrots, 1.6kg
- mushrooms, 0.6kg
- celery, 1.5kg
- bok choy, 0.4kg
- eggplant, 0.9kg

Altogether, 10.2kg of fruit and vegetables... cost us $17.65.

If you can read, you can cook. If you can cook, you can buy fresh fruit and vegetables and eat healthy and cheap.

My trick for oats in the Microwave is 4mins, on 50% power. Stir, add honey, than 1min on 100%.

This works well for my 50g oat breakfast.

My trick for oats in the Microwave is 4mins, on 50% power. Stir, add honey, than 1min on 100%.

This works well for my 50g oat breakfast.

I just weight the stuff and drink it from the container, no honey, no water, no milk, just as if you were drinkin it from the box... very quick, very easy and tastes perfectly good to me :)

Speaking of cheap healthy food, I bought $20 of tuna 210g in spring water for 50cents each from Coles... Score! How much daily can I eat saftely?

I read somewhere about up to roughly 5kg/week is safe tinned stuff. I take it your talking about the mercury content? Others will have different opinions and will have read other things but it all depends on the exact stuff your eating too. You have the weight you buy, your 210g and the actual drained weight of the tuna minus the springwater it sits in. I eat a 425g tin daily and have been for a long time now.

EDIT: I was buying the John West stuff, was $5/425g tin so I switched to Woolies Homebrand Tuna, $1.89/425g tin! It doesn't taste as good i'll admit that though for the price, I can live with it. Also I think the coles stuff has a higher fat content off the top of my head, not sure on sodium or anything else though dependin on what your interested in.

Last edited:
woolies brand uses pure olive oil not a blend.
Natural peanut butter - 3$ a jar. Hi protein and good fat.

Oats - 1 cup into measuring jug add hot water until it just covers oats. Leave for a few min. Add milk and blend. I also add protein powder if im not having eggs. Ussually havd 4 egg omelette

Id be steering clear of the Oil drenched tuna and sticking to Springwater :)

Last edited:
Id be steering clear of the Oil drenched tuna and sticking to Springwater :)

I drink oil at breakfast.

You need essential fatty acids in your diet thats why they call them essential fatty acids.

My problem with oats is i will eat too many and be starving not long after..

Where as tomatos bacon and 4 eggs im content for a little while.

is that an educated statement or are you a fat=evil person?

Thank you UPG - I was about to say the exact same thing but I couldn't think of a way of phrasing the question.

I buy my tuna in oil and drain it. I used to buy it in springwater but changed my habits after I read a post by Markos on tuna in oil. I can't find it though, which is a shame, as I'd like to verify I'm not imagining things!

yes that's true however I just get my esaential fats from other sources like almonds and flaxseed oil so I know exactyhow much oil/fats I'm getting, otherwise your left guessing how much oil exactly your getting