• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap healthy foods

Kindred, learn how to cook and take the food with you i plastic containers. I am a sales rep and I can do it.

Plus, will put you in good steed with the ladies- man who can cook a good dinner is sure to be well rewarded.

Where is it only $1.20?
From Coles or Woolies, the no name brand or home brand. If you buy Uncle Toby's then you will pay upwards of $4 which is a rip off.
indifferent0003.gif

I found the uncle Toby's oats taste much creamier than the home brand variety, when prepared the same way on the stove top

Right on howzit.
And when you blend then in a power shake it makes no difference at all..

i just had oats omfg how the f do you cook em? i read the instructiosn followed it and it came like a mushed up dough so i ate them with disgust.

my questions is how do you guys cook em????

also how can u consume 1cup to 1.5 cup of oats? i eat atleast 1/3.

I rarely eat oats on their own.
Here's what i do.
Cook oats on stove in small pot with water or milk if you desire, then mash a banana and add to oats, add a tablspoon of honey and you can add vanilla or unflavoured whey if you are not having any other protein source. If using unflavoured whey use an extra tabspn of honey to sweeten it up a bit.

Yum.
party0051.gif

i just had oats omfg how the f do you cook em? i read the instructiosn followed it and it came like a mushed up dough so i ate them with disgust.

my questions is how do you guys cook em????

also how can u consume 1cup to 1.5 cup of oats? i eat atleast 1/3.

Try adding some flavoured protein. I add choc whey to the oats for breakfast, then atleast its choc flavoured mushed up dough.

Also did you cook with water or milk? that makes a difference.

Seez, sounds like you overcooked them. Overcooked oats that aren't stirred will go gluggy.

1/3 cup oats should take about 2/3rds cup of water. Cook on a low heat and stir constantly. When start to bubble a little and a dash of milk and keep on heat until a thickness that you like.

Other option is to make a bircher style muesli. Soak overnight with some flavoured yogurt or yogurt and fruit juice.

I'm a bit of an amateur Betty Crocker- and don't listen to the guys- flavour is important. Its pretty hard to stick to a diet when you hate the food you eat.

What's wrong with quick oats?

Once you've mixed them with other ingredients, isn't the nutritional value just about the same?
Just drink them in a protein shake.

Quick oats have a much higher GI. They are further processed to speed up the cooking process.

But, as I said, when you mix them with other ingredients the GI value changes and the difference should be minimal, shouldn't it?

Will it really make that much difference?

I wouldn't know, I've only ever consumed quick oats, for the convenience of being able to add them to a shake.

I rarely eat oats on their own.
Here's what i do.
Cook oats on stove in small pot with water or milk if you desire, then mash a banana and add to oats, add a tablspoon of honey and you can add vanilla or unflavoured whey if you are not having any other protein source. If using unflavoured whey use an extra tabspn of honey to sweeten it up a bit.

Yum.
party0051.gif

is their such of a non sugar or low sugar honey?????

Try adding some flavoured protein. I add choc whey to the oats for breakfast, then atleast its choc flavoured mushed up dough.

Also did you cook with water or milk? that makes a difference.

so you get the dough crap aswell in the microwave???

water.. milk is a no no for me :)

Seez, sounds like you overcooked them. Overcooked oats that aren't stirred will go gluggy.

1/3 cup oats should take about 2/3rds cup of water. Cook on a low heat and stir constantly. When start to bubble a little and a dash of milk and keep on heat until a thickness that you like.

Other option is to make a bircher style muesli. Soak overnight with some flavoured yogurt or yogurt and fruit juice.

I'm a bit of an amateur Betty Crocker- and don't listen to the guys- flavour is important. Its pretty hard to stick to a diet when you hate the food you eat.

when i cook them in the microwave i put 1/3 cup of oats with 1/2 cup of water then on instructions it says microwave high for 90 secs then stir then again for 30 secs. it says its for 1000W microwave ovens. well my microwave says 900W and doesent have a high setting when cooked jsut enter time and wait really. But the instructions are false i cook the oats for a minute and they turn like dryed dehydrated pooo. how can i fix this??

You can`t get a low sugar honey but you can get a high sugar honey.
Make sure you buy NATURAL honey as the cheap shit is watered down and then glucose is added to make it go further.

"The sugar in honey is natural, why would you care?"

Natural or not too much sugar is not a good thing so don`t got overboard.