• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Canned tuna's Transformation 2012

Had better sessions, started dying after deadlifts, after that all lifts suffered, form suffered, strength suffered, just gave in and now feel like I'm gonna throw up.. hmm, the deadlifts were bloody good at least

Wide grip chinups 1x7, 1x5, 1x3
Deadlifts 100kg 3x5, 120kg 3rm
Low db rows 25kg 3x6-8
Shoulder press 20kg 2x6
Shrugs 30kg 2x4, 20 2x6

Tried c4 pre trainer again, didn't feel a thing

Did you eat enough canned tuna? Maybe you need to maintain those 4/5 tins a day to stop from feeling nauseous :D :D :D Great work on the shoulder press - comparative to the rest of the lifts on back day, that one seems proportionally stonger.

Good work man.

Just keep eating and training without slacking off and you will keep growing bigger and bigger.

So keep up the good work :)

My testesterone is going nuts (pun) this week, just angry at anything, hungry as hell, focused, horny... Must be growth spurt time
But on the flip side I'm low on energy and my workouts are just failing after a few exercises.. Rrrr

Monday Chest Shoulders
Incline dumbbell 30kg 3x8
Flat bench 70kg 3x6-8
Cable fly 30kg 3x6
OH db press 20kg 2x4

Wednesday Back
Lat pulldowns
Low row
Deadlifts 100kg 5x5
Shrugs
That low row with the bar between your legs

Bloodywell pinched my finger between a plate and the bar today... big fuckin bruise and blood blister

Yeowwwch! :(

Be careful you crazy boy! lol

YAY for the testosterone surge! Not so great having bad workouts! Although it seems to be catching around here this week! How's the eating Tuna?? Everything else sounds positive, so hopefully the training catches up again too soon!

Hang in there! :)

Hang in there! I can imagine its alot of work, but think about your goal, focus on it & don't lose sight of it Tuna! You're doing so well!

If you need a break, take a break. But don't go backwards, stand right where you are, for the time you need & maintain what you've achieved.

/end Mum rant :p

Trained arms on Saturday, still think Im overtrained - pain in the end of my bicep... on the inside of the elbow. Wrists sore and forearms feel like theyll explode after a few sets. It's too hard to stay away from the gym lol!

Great legs session yesterday..
Deadlifts 3x6 @ 100kg
Leg press 3x12 @ 210kg
Leg extensions 3x8 @ 90kg + dropset
Leg curls 3x8 @40kg + dropset
2 laps freestyle... I'm seriously unfit with swimming

Went to a platinum fitness first, it had nothing on the two normal ones I go to.... this platinum one had no seated calf raises, a pretty small free weights section.. Was full of machines.. Would not go again. Plenty of 16 year old zyzz impersonators doing 30kg on the bench press machines hahaha

Will try go easy this week too.

Tomorrow I'll do core and traps
Might run around a bit once the legs start become useful again (DOMS)

See if I'm ready for some upper body abuse come the end of week

Hi there CT,

As for your biceps, drop the straight bar and focus on both some d/bell hammer curls and EZ barbell curls.

As for the DOMS in your legs, I suggest you get back under the leg press plate and pump out a solid 100 reps of either no weights added at all, or some weight that will allow you to blast 100. You need to get the blood inside and help your lymph system get rid of the accumulated toxic waste products. Also, you will increase the density of your mitochondria which in turn would supply you with more energy as time goes by.

Drink plenty of water preferably with the juice of 1 lemon added to each 500ml with a pinch of salt to taste and recovery (of your adrenal glands). Don't brush your teeth for at least 10 minutes after drinking the lemon water solution or your teeth enamel will be eroded slightly.

Fadi.

Hi there CT,

As for your biceps, drop the straight bar and focus on both some d/bell hammer curls and EZ barbell curls.

As for the DOMS in your legs, I suggest you get back under the leg press plate and pump out a solid 100 reps of either no weights added at all, or some weight that will allow you to blast 100. You need to get the blood inside and help your lymph system get rid of the accumulated toxic waste products. Also, you will increase the density of your mitochondria which in turn would supply you with more energy as time goes by.

Drink plenty of water preferably with the juice of 1 lemon added to each 500ml with a pinch of salt to taste and recovery (of your adrenal glands). Don't brush your teeth for at least 10 minutes after drinking the lemon water solution or your teeth enamel will be eroded slightly.

Fadi.

Best home grown advice ever.

Definitely using this drink concoction!

Thanks brother Fadi.

Rian.

Hi there CT,

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi.

Alright, tomorrow I'm doing this leg press thing! 100 reps, let's see how that goes

Regarding the biceps, I use DB instead of straight bar already :confused:, the straight bar hurts. At the moment, I can't do more than about 4-6 sets of pulling exercises.. Forearms and wrists are sore very quick!

The lemon thing sounds odd, but hey I'll do it too

Hey CT,

Perhaps the reason you’re sore here and there and in the joints could be due to a lack of a preparatory phase of training. Have you seen my Lose Fat / Maintain Muscle thread? That’s an introduction phase where not only your joints get a chance to strengthen up, but also you will be massively increasing the amount of your mitochondria, which as I’ve already stated, you would feel energised because of it.

Nearly forgot: your cardiorespiratory systems would also improve beyond your wildest dreams, enabling you to keep on going when the heavies get tough and when the call for more reps would have otherwise totally drained you.

Not wishing to go down that road? Then I would simply say this: ease right off the intensity, i.e. the amount of weights being lifted, and have your volume per exercise set at small (15 working reps total) for the time being until you stand properly on your own two feet. If you know your 1RM, then I would suggest using light intensity (70% of 1RM) for the time being also.

Your whole training session should also have a small total volume to it, which in plain English means no more than 60 reps (that is working reps) in total when you add up all the exercises you intend on doing.

So we have already established that you’re going to perform only 15 total reps per one exercise which amounts to a small volume, now all we need to do is add few more exercise while insuring that we don’t step over the 60 rep mark in order to maintain a small volume over all.

Why Fadi?

Because I want you to fully recuperate and get to also build some energy reserves in the process. Sure, this is going to be a step back, but as I’ve said over and over in my own log, a step back is really two steps forward when one looks at the bigger picture.

All the best young man.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi for going to this effort

I've had a read through the 30 rep / 8 exercise routine, and decided I'll try your second option instead: 15 reps at 70% weight, 60 reps max for the day

Should I do this for x amount of time, or just until I feel completely recouperated?

Today will be my first exercise all week, I'll ease into it with chest and triceps

Incline db bench, 22.5kg x 15
Cable crossovers, 70% x 15
Tricep pushdowns carabena, 70% x 15
Assisted dips, 15kg help x 15

After having 4 days off, I am really craving a hugely intense gym session. But I'll try this one for a while and see how it goes

Diet has been pretty shit lately, low on motivation there.

Last edited:
Today was my first step backward, felt good to have an easy session after a break

15 reps incline db @ 22.5kg
15 reps cable crossovers, some light weight cant remember
15 reps dips unassisted...
15 reps tri pushdowns on the carabeena @ 10kg

was supposed to end it there I know, but I couldn't.... lol

15 reps cable crossovers again
15 reps tricep pushdowns bar 20kg

Feel great.. pumped but not strained. Not exhausted, just as though I'm burning off the extra beans. Quick n easy.... spent more time in the sauna than the weights lol!

Tomorrow is shoulders/abs/traps day
Tuesday Legs
Thursday Chest
Friday back
Saturday armzillas

15 reps 70% weight
4 exercises

I'm getting fat