• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Eleiko are good but you can buy 3 ABC or Texas bars for the price of one lol

My IE bar has stood up a bit better than yours. Rack pulls, 220kg on it and though i slight bow nothing too bad

Guys,

suggestions on a barbell between $150-$350. Will be used with bumper plates so will be dropped. Also used on deadlifts ect. My gym manager wants a decent bar to go with a good set of bumper plates.

its snap fitness guys... lol. The manager has to convince Snap Fitness (francished) that they need that equipment..

Theres gotta be a decent bar around that price range

BRB getting a zhang kong bar.

Or a texas power bar from UGE. Rated slightly higher than the ABC but also a bit more expensive and I'm not discounting the ABC either. If you want a decent bar these two are the way to go and if cost is the main sticking point go the ABC.

cheers.

ill talk to him, abc might be a bit out of budget but ill try convince him, he had a good look at the cheaper ironedge/gym direct bars.

cheers.

ill talk to him, abc might be a bit out of budget but ill try convince him, he had a good look at the cheaper ironedge/gym direct bars.

You get what you pay for with the cheap ones. Shit bars. Having said that I trained for over a year with a cheapo bent-ass rusted bar but had had enough when it kept rolling on my back with 200 on it or in my hands when I was benching 160. That shit got dangerous.

Or a Texas bar from GymandFitness

I got mine for $530 delivered to WA. ( was delivered from Queensland )

Note, the description on gymandfitness website says Troy, but the bar delivered was a CAPPS Texas power bar, as Troy are just another USA marketer of Texas power bars.
Knurling is very harsh, but it's a solid bar for powerlifting.

Note, the description on gymandfitness website says Troy, but the bar delivered was a CAPPS Texas power bar, as Troy are just another USA marketer of Texas power bars.

I learnt something new today. Interesting.

turns out the gym can only go through 2 stores because of legal issues, so abc/iron edge are out. Damn i was disappointed..

Capps Texas power bars are the real Texas power bar, Troy is the imitation;).
The Texas power bar that has become famous by powerlifters throughout the world by Elitefts, and has all the accolades and awards is designed and manufactured by Buddy Capps at Capps Welding Co in good old Irving Texas USA.

They don't have a website that I can find, but I was told this info from an ex power lifter called Big Dave that I met at my old gym, he was holidaying here. I got to talking to him about the bar I was gonna purchase when I was starting to get the gear to train at home, he told me to only buy the Capps Texas power bars, so I rang Nick at UGE and found out that's what he had. I did allot of research before I purchased my bar, I wanted to verify what this bloke had told me and decided to steer clear of the troy model after a few phone calls.

Troy power bars are a copy of the Capps bar (and after a few phone calls, it is ambiguous if they are actually manufactured in USA or Taiwan). UGE sell Capps Texas power bars (which is what I got), and I am now surprised that Gym and fitness do to, I was told theirs was the Troy one and steered away from the purchase, besides I got a way better deal than $530 from Nick @ UGE. I won't say what Nick gave it to me for as I buy allot of stuff off him and don't want to spoil the good deals I now get at UGE, but it sometimes pays to deal with a smaller, more direct business that cares about its customers. Than again, Gym Direct are a pretty big business and I get royal treatment their too as a ausbb member:)

Last edited:
Capps Texas power bars are the real Texas power bar, Troy is the imitation;).
The Texas power bar that has become famous by powerlifters throughout the world by Elitefts, and has all the accolades and awards is designed and manufactured by Buddy Capps at Capps Welding Co in good old Irving Texas USA.

They don't have a website that I can find, but I was told this info from an ex power lifter called Big Dave that I met at my old gym, he was holidaying here. I got to talking to him about the bar I was gonna purchase when I was starting to get the gear to train at home, he told me to only buy the Capps Texas power bars, so I rang Nick at UGE and found out that's what he had. I did allot of research before I purchased my bar, I wanted to verify what this bloke had told me and decided to steer clear of the troy model after a few phone calls.

Troy power bars are a copy of the Capps bar (and after a few phone calls, it is ambiguous if they are actually manufactured in USA or Taiwan). UGE sell Capps Texas power bars (which is what I got), and I am now surprised that Gym and fitness do to, I was told theirs was the Troy one and steered away from the purchase, besides I got a way better deal than $530 from Nick @ UGE. I won't say what Nick gave it to me for as I buy allot of stuff off him and don't want to spoil the good deals I now get at UGE, but it sometimes pays to deal with a smaller, more direct business that cares about its customers. Than again, Gym Direct are a pretty big business and I get royal treatment their too as a ausbb member:)

This is all bullshit. The Troy bar IS the CAPPS bar. I did message UGE, but he claimed to be out of stock, plus freight was a lot more.