• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm after a barbell from GymAndFitness which would only really be used for the 3big lifts and pressing as the knurling on the one I currently have is too smooth. Only have about $250 to play with as well, was looking at the 200$ 1500lb one or the force usa power lifting one but someone mentioned quality is questionable.

Cheers
Ener

hmm maybe i should save up and get an UGE power bar when they come into stock...

Our genuine Texas Power Bars are the business.
Send me an email and i'll see if I can work out some cheap freight for you.
nick@undergroundelite.com.au

For anyone else interested in the Texas Bar range, the Squat and Deadlift Bars are on this shipment too. If you are interested in purchasing, I highly recommend pre-ordering now as the last shipment sold out in 2 weeks upon landing.

Also Werksan IWF Equipment is in stock!

Underground Elite :: Bars, Weights & Plates

2 pendlay bush bearings
1 ivanko power bar
1 abc diamond trap bar
1 shitty $100 bar
1 8kg aluminium wl training bar
1 triceps bar
pair of olympic db handles
1 bent abc cambered/u-shaped bar
1 IE 20kg olympic bar

Soon lmd. if burglar is unemployed he will sell sell sell

out of curiosity, what is the difference between a squat bar and deadlift bar? I know one is used for squatting and the other for deadlift. but what makes them so unique to one another?

I can sell you a Pendlay (or 2).

Free postage :p

If I do that then I will get one of Nick's bars haha.

And I'm not unemployed, I work for IE ;)

Soon lmd. if burglar is unemployed he will sell sell sell

out of curiosity, what is the difference between a squat bar and deadlift bar? I know one is used for squatting and the other for deadlift. but what makes them so unique to one another?
a "Squat bar" is (or what i think is is) is much thinker then a normal bar an stiffer, and a texas DL bar is VERY whipy, bends heaps.
i train/compete with an Eleiko comp bar, 29?mm VERY stiff. for all lifts, squat bench and DL. non of this different "custom bar" for each lift crap :p

Decided to purchase one of the Muscle Motion $200 bars from Gym Direct as my wife keeps yelling @ me because of the sharp nerling on my Texas power bar (LOL, the chainsaw grip). I love the grip, yes it is ruff but I like the extra grip when deadlifting. So I hope she likes the nerling on the cheaper bar, anyone give me an idea of what its like on the MM bar?

My mm bar is smooth as, it wouldnt cut a babies hand
Bloody awsome then, she won't be able to complain about the sharp nurling, great.
Thanks Eaglebay, I made the right decision getting it by the sounds of that, she liked the old smooth bars at our old gym so this one sounds the goods.....muahahahahahaaa.........the texas is all mine now sweeeeeet, anyone who comes over to train with me can use the mm bar from now on as well lol.

You're just jealous that all things being equal I would always out lift you in comp lol
bitch please! if i deadlifted with a bar that bends to my knees b4 the weight leaves the ground, id pull 190 as well. :p MUHUAHAHAHAHA

to stay on topic; if u want cheese grater knurling, get Eleiko comp bar, made a mess of my hands just benching with it hahahaha the grip on them is great.
Texas power bar has good knurling as well.
Pendlay have nice knurling, the bar is thinner then the Eleiko and Texas though.
the cheap bar from IE, the $195 one, it bent with 80kg. bent to a stage that the ends of the sleeves would touch the ground if i rolled it along the floor with no plats on it.