• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mine has held up ok.

Survived rack pulls, many dumps without too much damage.

It is, however, the same as the MM 600kg one as mentioned on either page 25 or 26.

The Pendlay are $570 for bush bearing and $770 for needle bearing. If you can't get wholesale price at IE your bartering skills need work lol

Markos said to get an Ivanko from ABC is about $1800 for the powerlifting bar. Speak to Minh though because he can get them in if need be (I got mine off him)

For what purpose?

Like buying a Ferrari on your L's?
what im thinking is it should last for life considering that im the only one going to be using it, the bars that i compete with are eleiko (PA) so if i train with the same bar i wont get the sudden shock of going from a bar thats whippy (my current bar is the pendlay HD) to a bar that has ZERO bend in comp. im only 15 so i have no other commitments at the moment so why not take the opportunity before i have commitments? haha :) this really would be like that last big thing i get before saving for a car and shit like that

Here is a good example of the whip on a Texas DL bar

298517_206875352717475_100001850341777_481425_365671485_n.jpg

My Texas power bar just arrived from UGE, must say its well built but can't comment on its performance until I buy some weights to use with it. But i love the black bar look, and the grip is great compared the crappy bars at the gym I use.

You'll enjoy the TP bar, though be prepared to shed a bit of skin for the first week or so. It has decent knurling.
this is what i like about the TP bar, great knurling, awesome grip :) would make a mess of your hands if you dont have any callus's though lol :p

are all the "1500lb" bars basically the same maker? ie Iron edge, Force, Gymdirect, Musclemotion etc? the ones around the $200 mark...
looked at a force one today and quality was not real good... or.. shite.. the braze between the collar and weigth shaft had holes and cracks in it.. not ideal...

I like the idea of a bit thicker bar (~32mm) but all ABC (and most?) bars are 28.5..
are there any reasonably priced thicker bars?
should i just htfu and get used to the 28.5mm?

I won't be lifting that much for a long time, but find it hard to close my claws around the skinnier bars

edit: do ABC have any resellers, or just direct?

ABC is direct most bars are probably made to order due to the demand.

You can get squat bard that are larger... Or you can buy a fat bar and use a power bar like everyone else :p

But it dpeends on your goals? Do you plan on competing?

no, not competing at all, just home basic stuff.. whip etc, don't care. just thinking would be nicer to have grip a bit thicker than 28
but seeing the shitty Force bar today made me a little scared of the $200 oly bars :D

fat bar = 50mm? (or 60mm for elitefts)? a little big for bench grip?
I had thought about sleeving a smaller cheap bar.. seems like effort
I can conform, just looking at all options first :) and happy to go 2nd hand if i can find something nice

whats with the Force(?) 30mm "standard" bar? does anyone even make plates for those?

Last edited:
Sleeving a cheap bar would be easy so long as it has those hex screws at the end.

Trying to find a proper sized pipe to go over the top would be the hard part.

That or expander foam I spose :p

yeah, 25NB L(2.6mm wall) pipe is 33.7mmOD and 28.5mmID.. pity about the weld material on the inside.. otherwise it would work easy.

i think i'll just harden up for now and get used to the 28.5.. then maybe ask santa for an ABC ;)
thanks fellas

You could always hammer that shit on lol.

I wanted one with a 43-50mm diammater so I was going to weld a larger one onto a smaller one.

Just need a damn car to go to metal places <_<

Allsteel (bayswater) have 45/28 hollow plain carbon bar (28 might be too close to whack on, hard to heat whole length for a shrink fit))
they also have 50mm 4140 bar (ground finish) (850-100MPa = 123-145,000psi)
could use that straight with a couple of collars..

taxi? :D

If you got a real soft metal you could possibly whack it on.

I should check the diameter of my bar to see what it actually is.

It was $100 new so it could be anywhere between 26 and 30 lol