• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Building the ultimate muscle machine: move your body through space. Program #1.

Thanks Fadi, ill try do that 2 times a week. Should i worry about replacing the calories lost (have some milk afterwards or something)? Btw, im trying to gain weight.

I sense that you're worried...worried about losing something yes? Surprise surprise; I'm here to tell you that you will be gaining something instead! Don't believe me? Okay then, read carefully please:

You have already admitted to me that your recovery is not where it ought to be, correct? Mmmm, time to analise a bit I say, so let's do it together shall we...

I know now that your aim is to pack on the beef, on that we both agree. I also know from you that your recovery could do with some improvement, again we're both on the same page here. What is needed to gain? Well, extra calories of course! Great, what else (unless we just want to gain fat)? Well we need to tell our muscles that they are very much appreciated and needed, and we do that by training them with weights. Great, you're already doing that. So how could something that burns calories (which can very easily be replaced by the way) be a plus to helping one gain weight, muscular weight that is? Easy, we go back to what I always talk about and that is the blood circulatory system. Without having a tip top sharp circulatory system in place, it would be like owning a Ferrari and always driving in a bumper to bumper traffic.

What you eat needs to be delivered and it needs to be delivered efficiently. First you'd need to digest what you eat and then have it delivered into the muscle cells. The star jumps would create wider roads and more of them so now you can drive your Ferrari the way a Ferrari is meant to be driven (legally of course!).

You ask me if you would need to drink milk to offset the loss of energy you'd incur from the star jumps. I say sure, go ahead and increase your calories accordingly since that will not take away from what we are trying to achieve with the star jumps and their effect on our circulatory system/capillaries density. I'm the wrong person to ask about milk though since I do not touch dairy products of any kind (except for a very small amount of WPI at times). That does not mean you can't or should not; my purpose in life now differs from yours and if you feel that dairy products do it for you, then so be it.

PS: Take home message is as follows; it's not how much you eat or drink that counts, but how much of what you eat and drink ends up in your muscles that is at the heart of the matter. That is why I'd always recommend the lose fat/maintain muscle program before I'd recommend anything else. It's all about laying the foundation for things to come just as ABC123 is the accepted path to learning...

Fadi.

Last edited:
Yeah my recovery is poor im my opinion, althought i thought i was quite fit :S. Sorry but did you say replace the weight sessions with this program? I could do it after the program.

Thanks for your great reply!

Yeah my recovery is poor im my opinion, althought i thought i was quite fit :S. Sorry but did you say replace the weight sessions with this program? I could do it after the program.

Thanks for your great reply!
No no, I'm not suggesting you should replace anything now however what I am suggesting is you do some catch up if you like by incorporating some explosive star jumps into your current routine. Now no one says that they would be a walk in the park, but if they would help you realise your ultimate goal (which is to pack on the beef), then I'm sure a bit of bother would be more than worth it in the long run. I wish you all the best and I sincerely trust that you have somewhat benefited from this small exchange between you and I in these few posts and what we need to do to increase/speed/ make more efficient our progress.

Again, all power to you Sir and God bless.

Fadi.

Last edited:
No no, I'm not suggesting you should replace anything now however what I am suggesting is you do some catch up if you like by incorporating some explosive star jumps into your current routine. Now no one says that they would be a walk in the park, but if they would help you realise your ultimate goal (which is to pack on the beef), then I'm sure a bit of bother would be more than worth it in the long run. I wish you all the best and I sincerely trust that you have somewhat benefited from this small exchange between you and I in these few posts and what we need to do to increase/speed/ make more efficient our progress.

Again, all power to you Sir and God bless.

Fadi.

Im going to do it! Twice a week i will starting next week! Thanks for great advice, appreciate it.

Rest time for what Steak? If you're reffering to my original post where the reps are set out to between 4-7, then my answer is as follows:

The energy systems/pathways this rep range would require of you would be the phosphagen as well as the glycolysis, and not the oxidative one. This would tell me that muscle recovery time after 1 minute of rest would be 81% replenished, while at 2 minutes, we're looking at 88% muscle recovery.

I would recommend a 90 second break between sets to maintain a high level of intensity. Obviously the less break one takes the higher the intensity would be but then that would take us into another dimension altogether and that is an article for anther day.

Fadi.

as you guessed I meant for between sets and exercises. I had been resting for 1:30 between sets and 2:30 between exercises - anyway, thanks!

Nice article Fadi

I'm guessing you'd recommend all these for athletes in particular then? Eg dips or weighted push ups over your everyday barbell bench press?

Nice article Fadi

I'm guessing you'd recommend all these for athletes in particular then? Eg dips or weighted push ups over your everyday barbell bench press?
Yes but only for a time, before changing to something else. Bodybuilders are athletes as well and would benefit greatly by introducing some functional movements into their training.

Fadi.

Started this program on the 10th, i really like it so far. Im documenting all of my sessions so i can keep record of my progress. I'll let you know how i go fadi, at this point i just completed my 3'd workout and have already gone up to 7 reps on alot of my excersizes so uppin the weight next week :D

Love this routine

I've been doing this routine, though I do regular deadlifts instead of Rom. Deadlifts, and I love it. I like moving my body through space and I think every difficult lift is represented. My favorite workout I've ever done, and it's great to see the poundages go up so fast, not something you get to see with isolation movements.

The only thing I'd like to try after 12 weeks of this is to incorporate some Olympic style lifts into my routine or do an Olympic style routine altogether. Those lifts are just to cool and I like the idea of balancing strength with speed and technique. Keeps things interesting.

Starting this program today. Interested to see results, loving the idea of moving your body through space, functionality is key. Cheers Fadi!

i have just started doing this routine and i love the variety, and now that i can actually lift my 110kg frame i enjoy doing chin and dips

Hi Fadi, would like to say thanks very much for the program, my training partner and I have been doing the program for around 6 weeks now. We have both put around 20kg on our squat for a start, and made some very solid muscle gains. I'm now up to 22kg weighted dips @86kg body weight, and still improving!

I have a question about intensity; at the moment we both find that we hit a wall so to speak and lose energy around the 1/2 - 2/3 mark of the session. Would you suggest pushing through the fatigue, or reducing the volume of the workout? Or anything else?

Thanks, Jack

In case Fadi doesn't check back in here for a while, I would assume that the answer is do the program as it's written. However, I am interested to hear Fadi's response.

I have a question about intensity; at the moment we both find that we hit a wall so to speak and lose energy around the 1/2 - 2/3 mark of the session. Would you suggest pushing through the fatigue, or reducing the volume of the workout? Or anything else?

Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack,

I understand from your writing that you're half way mark through this program, and lacking some energy about half way or so during the workout.
Jack, my first point of interest here would be to remedy your lack of energy, and from my experience, energy comes in few different forms, namely sufficient caloric intake and sufficient time of rest (and sleep).

In addition to the two main heroes in helping you recover and replenish both your muscle glycogen levels as well as your whole body's CNS, I would take a closer look at energy and recovery's main thief, and his name is caffeine. In a nutshell, if your adrenal glands are not working up to their potential due to a constant barrage (drainage) by caffeine, then it would be profitable to look at eliminating the source of caffeine from your diet in order to have your adrenal glands recharge appropriately and sufficiently. Of course, the icing on the cake here would be a much more restful sleep (and we all know what great effect a good night sleep has on our life as a whole).

Perchance I did not answer your question accordingly; please do not hesitate to ask me further if you need to.

All power to you and to your training partner Jack.

Fadi.