• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Building the ultimate muscle machine: move your body through space. Program #1.

haha I knew you'd say that.. this is also an excellent program to have fun with a new rack I'm getting. I've been using dumbbells since I started and I'm really looking forward to using a bar!

and my dip bars, and chin up bar, etc..

haha I knew you'd say that.. this is also an excellent program to have fun with a new rack I'm getting. I've been using dumbbells since I started and I'm really looking forward to using a bar!

and my dip bars, and chin up bar, etc..

I wish you all the best with your new weapons then Steak. There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, nothing in the least. But you're right; I was simply making the point which is really restricted to the program itself.

All power to you Sir.

Fadi.

hey Fadi, I'm using a weight that limits me to 4 or 5 reps - is the idea to add reps (for example, add 1 rep to all sets each week) until I hit 7, add more weight and repeat?

what do you suggest?

also, what do you think about adding abs on the end of each work out?? I've been doing 4 sets (2x 12 leg raises on the bench, 2x12 leg raises on the tower)

hey Fadi, I'm using a weight that limits me to 4 or 5 reps - is the idea to add reps (for example, add 1 rep to all sets each week) until I hit 7, add more weight and repeat?

what do you suggest?

That's perfect. Build up in reps then add weight. If your aiming for size, you'd be more suited to a higher rep range...say 6 reps as a base, once you reach 10, for example slip more weight on.

Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

what do you suggest?

also, what do you think about adding abs on the end of each work out?? I've been doing 4 sets (2x 12 leg raises on the bench, 2x12 leg raises on the tower)
Fadi's program suggests 4-7 reps, so if you hit the 7 reps then go up in weight. Simple really.

Good Luck bloke, it's a solid program.

Fadi's program suggests 4-7 reps, so if you hit the 7 reps then go up in weight. Simple really.

Good Luck bloke, it's a solid program.
As Adrian has said exactly; once you reach 7 reps, increase the weight by 2.5kg or 5kg (or even 1kg !) , depending on the exercise you're doing at the time or on your capability, (as long as your increases are done by small increments) then decrease the reps back to 4 and work your way up again.

Abdominal work as well as lower back work (as in back extensions) is always a great addition to any solid program, so go ahead and enjoy whilst at the same time building a great trunk/core foundation.

Fadi.

ah, thanks everyone.. I must have read that originally because I just realised its even in the OP:

This is a 3 days per week program consisting of 6 exercises of 20 sets per workout with reps ranging from 4-7. Your task is to pick a weight that will allow you to complete 4 reps in good form. As the weeks progress, add repetitions until you can reach 7 reps. Once 7 reps have been reached, increase the weight by 2.5-5kg and progress overload as before. Your aim is to always add weight or increase reps week by week. Again, once 7 reps have been reached; decrease the reps back to 4 whilst simultaneously increasing the weight by 2.5 to 5kg. This program is for 12 weeks.

Abdominal work as well as lower back work (as in back extensions) is always a great addition to any solid program, so go ahead and enjoy whilst at the same time building a great trunk/core foundation.

hey Fadi, can you suggest a good way to progress and build up for abs?

I have a leg raise tower and some velcro ankle things that you can slip weight bars into up to 10kgs..

I think abs only really show through when you BF gets down, I can see abs on my body but my BF is not at a level that would show them well no matter how big they are.

yeah, I can dig it - this is so that when I do lower my BF% there is actually something there.

There will always be "something" there, irrespective whether you train your midsection or not. Lower your fat percentage enough and what has always ben underneath would be quickly staring you in the face! Your trunk/midsection is not termed "core" for nothing. Your erectors muscles (back) and your abs are involved in each and every movement you go through on a daily basis (and at times even on a nightly basis)!

Fadi.

well, if anybody is curious I'm gonna do 3x leg raises on the bench at the end and add weight like everything else :)

what are your thoughts on rest time fadi?
Rest time for what Steak? If you're reffering to my original post where the reps are set out to between 4-7, then my answer is as follows:

The energy systems/pathways this rep range would require of you would be the phosphagen as well as the glycolysis, and not the oxidative one. This would tell me that muscle recovery time after 1 minute of rest would be 81% replenished, while at 2 minutes, we're looking at 88% muscle recovery.

I would recommend a 90 second break between sets to maintain a high level of intensity. Obviously the less break one takes the higher the intensity would be but then that would take us into another dimension altogether and that is an article for anther day.

Fadi.

Fadi, is it worth trying to conditon down to 1:30, im probably sitting at around 2-3mins rest? I find esepecially with squats and deadlifts im still a bit out of breath and rest about 3 mins.

Fadi, is it worth trying to conditon down to 1:30, im probably sitting at around 2-3mins rest? I find esepecially with squats and deadlifts im still a bit out of breath and rest about 3 mins.
Your question has me wondering now if you have got this 6 weeks under your belt: Lose Fat / Maintain Muscle

The aim is increse the density of your blood vessels/capillaries as well as increase the number of your cells' energy factories, these are the powerhouses we call the mighty mitochondria.

Now if you do not wish to do the above, then I'd suggest performing 100 explosive star jumps 3x/week to begin with and see how you feel after that:

[YOUTUBE]5DQRGxPBgSs[/YOUTUBE]

Fadi.

Fadi, how do you propose to arrange those 100 explosive star jumps? I'm on to you brother. I suspect that you'll reply with something like 'it depends'.

For example, go from doing 20 sets of 5, for example, to 10 sets of 10, to 5 sets of 20? Eventually working up to a full 100 in a row!!

Thanks Fadi, ill try do that 2 times a week. Should i worry about replacing the calories lost (have some milk afterwards or something)? Btw, im trying to gain weight.

Fadi, how do you propose to arrange those 100 explosive star jumps? I'm on to you brother. I suspect that you'll reply with something like 'it depends'.

For example, go from doing 20 sets of 5, for example, to 10 sets of 10, to 5 sets of 20? Eventually working up to a full 100 in a row!!

PB, these are explosive star jumps and not burpees; I'd expect 100 on the first attempt without too much trouble. So I would not include the word "eventually" as eventually is now!

You can say these are the first step to get one ready for the mighty burpees. I may have to look at increasing the number from 100 to...

Fadi.