• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bro Science

nah wont happen. too much greed, its more profitable to turn people into cash cows for big pharma

Do you really think its coincidence theres sooo much bullshit and misinfomation in the health and fitness industry?

it's already happening, the next big money maker is individual genome sequencing, if it can be done for under 1k, health insurance companies have agreed to pay for it.

haha i was about to say i was impressed we havent had any conspiracy theorists ranting about "big pharma" yet. then i read the last few posts...

Dog shit might taste like Apple pie, doesn't mean I'm going to eat that shit.

Fitness is a lot like fashion in that certain things seem to come and go. The other day someone was telling me about a yoga class they attend where they are suspended in mid air while doing the poses. *Sigh* Does it ever end? I swear I liked things better when no one over 21 exercised, everyone smoked and people where much thinner.

The older I get the less I give a fuck about things. Things that don’t matter that is.

haha i was about to say i was impressed we havent had any conspiracy theorists ranting about "big pharma" yet. then i read the last few posts...

Its just common sense an industry will look after itself....

Just like how all security guards and clean cut law abiding citizens who protect us.

The police force are the same they are by the book...

Its ignorant and quit sad that some people cant seem to realise what exactly is and all of a sudden put it down to "nut job wackos"

Alot of leading medical experts step forward and can even see what happens. So i always giggle inside when unqualified people on a bodybuilding forum can dismiss and pass judgement on something they have not looked into whatso ever.

No one is saying there is some undergorund meeting where the heads of pharmacutical companies get together and discuss world domination.

But the world revovles around $$$ and to think otherwise well your simply lost...

Millions of surgery patients at risk in drug research fraud scandal - Telegraph

Lol at big pharma conspiracies.

It's funny the people that go on about big pharma are usually the ones in the same breath recommending alternative medicines.

Do we need to mention how dodgy the big alternative medicine industry is.

It's funny the people that go on about big pharma are usually the ones in the same breath recommending alternative medicines.

You are trying to tell me, that a relatively unregulated industry, is not dodgy?

Zomg, no wai.

Yeah because nutrition has nothing to do with anything...

Do you see me telling people to look into iridology, homeopathy, magic crystal balls?

Last edited:
Then change it, it needs to be changes, but dont group me into the same catagory as witch dr's and homeopathy retards.

That wasn't a personal attack. Have you ever tried homeopathy?

I have, and it works.

I am also the biggest skeptic you will ever meet.

That wasn't a personal attack. Have you ever tried homeopathy?

I have, and it works.

I am also the biggest skeptic you will ever meet.

I have and it didnt, im all for looking into clinical experience and results however there is no mode of action that makes any logical sense under anysense. If someone is magnesium defficient and its causing muscle cramps giving them some sort of magic water to treat the symtpoms isnt going to change the underlying physiological reason for the problem.

Homeopathy is once again back to stage 1 treating symptoms not the underlying problem. I find it hilarious that people reccomend you can fix endocirne disorders with magic water. I tried did nothing. Sent other people did nothing. Probably because it doesnt work. Its about as accurate as scientology. Placebo does wonders. I believe if you are an uneducated idiot then wanting something to work will generally mean it works. I mean iam into cars, and i have known people to put octane booster into their excel and be amazed with the power increase :rolleyes:

The whole water memory thing... If water has a memory then it has a memory of every toxin it has ever been in contact with and this cannot be removed. Opening the bottle and simply letting air get it would have microscopic particles of god knows what. Does this then effect the preperation?

I have and it didnt, im all for looking into clinical experience and results however there is no mode of action that makes any logical sense under anysense. If someone is magnesium defficient and its causing muscle cramps giving them some sort of magic water to treat the symtpoms isnt going to change the underlying physiological reason for the problem.

Homeopathy is once again back to stage 1 treating symptoms not the underlying problem. I find it hilarious that people reccomend you can fix endocirne disorders with magic water. I tried did nothing. Sent other people did nothing. Probably because it doesnt work. Its about as accurate as scientology. Placebo does wonders. I believe if you are an uneducated idiot then wanting something to work will generally mean it works. I mean iam into cars, and i have known people to put octane booster into their excel and be amazed with the power increase :rolleyes:

The whole water memory thing... If water has a memory then it has a memory of every toxin it has ever been in contact with and this cannot be removed. Opening the bottle and simply letting air get it would have microscopic particles of god knows what. Does this then effect the preperation?

I should have explained that a bit better, she practices mora therapy, not "traditional homeopathy (simialar though, and has adv. dip in homeopathy), she treats people through diet and lifestyle changes, as well as the mora machine, i honestly think you would get along great, and she could probably help you out.

PM if you want details.

I should have explained that a bit better, she practices mora therapy, not "traditional homeopathy (simialar though, and has adv. dip in homeopathy), she treats people through diet and lifestyle changes, as well as the mora machine, i honestly think you would get along great, and she could probably help you out.

PM if you want details.

I dont know if you are being seirous or not. Because one minute i get rubbished for things and medicine is great and the next your seeing homeopaths?

I never rubbishrd you, I questioned. I simply said alot in medicine doesn't need to change, not that it's the be all and end all. I'm being serious.

i looked into this mora machine. it sounds magical!
Patients are connected to the device through two hand and two foot electrodes so that the body energetic status can be monitored continuously. (The electrodes are electrodes in the name only as no electricity is passed through them during the treatment.)

The MORA device is able to determine which section of an individual’s spectrum provides the most beneficial therapy at a particular point in time. The body is then unburdened and strengthened. The patient is treated exclusively with his own specific oscillations.

Usually, during the first stage of treatment the whole body is harmonized. In the following steps of treatment, localized areas in the body, for example regions of pain or inflammation, are addressed. The device settings are readjusted for this second stage and special electrodes are often used.

I never rubbishrd you, I questioned. I simply said alot in medicine doesn't need to change, not that it's the be all and end all. I'm being serious.

My bad, was very tired last night.

I suppose medicine/allopathic or alternative all has a basis of faith.

For instance what people learn doing MBBS, BmedS, BHs all requires a degree of 'faith'.

I suppose everything in this world does, we take peoples words as facts, i have never cut into a human chest nor have i ever seen it happen. But i have faith others have and we have 2 lungs a heart liver kidneys and the rest of it.

Much like that faith we have faith that what we are being taught is the truth and has been evaulated tried and tested. We dont know if it has... We look at studies journals and see advances and have faith that they are being done correctly and that the model we are learning is correct. But what if it wasnt? Alot of studies have been boddged before...

Anyway you believe what you are learning is fact. For eample my partner wants to become a teacher, she started a bachelor of theology at ACU. Now, she is studying religion at a catholic uni. Is the teachings there going to be skewed towards vatican belief? Of course.. Same can be said for any modality in the health medical profession. What does this have to do about anything? Well, go trhough medical school learning pharmacoogy and medicine to a disease and suddenly everything else seems irrelivent or it would be being done. Go through nutritional degree and wonder why this isnt implemented first. Study homeoptahy teachings and wonder why the miricle cure isnt being preached.

I suppose nutrition has more standing because it is actually a science, where homeopathy requires all faith and maybe some real world results.

Wonder then why things arnt investigated or put through proper studies to determin the mode of aciton and how to implement them. Well who is going to do this? Most of the time studies are done and funded by institutes or pharmcutical companies. The main reason being to study substances to develop pharmacutical alternatives for. Is this bad? Not all the time.. But it does mean that alot of things that should make progress dont because, they have no $$ value at the end of the day.

I suppose this is about as "conspiracy theory" as it gets and if anyone cant see into that then they are deluded. Why would a company invest money into a study to put the out of business. Is pfizer going to invest money on L-tryptophan metabolism and the leaky gut/ cytokines hypothesis of depression? Well maybe if they can find a mode of aciton and develop a drug to fix the tight junctions. But other natural substances have been demonstrated to do that already. So there gos the $$$ so it simply wont happen.

Should i give homeopathy a second chance? Maybe so... After sitting here and thinking about what i just wrote i too displayed the same arrogance that i despise. Throughout the course of human history this has been our downfall, we believe that we know all there is too know and are so much superior to all who have come before us. However we are just the same, pissing in the wind not knowing mucn more. Now im ranting again.