• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

breaking up

How do u guys deal with breakups? My girlfriend and i who had been going out for 3 years broke up yesterday and im finding it pretty hard to deal with. As with some comments already posted i guess moving on is going to be hard part.

get rid of all the crap trinkets , keep yourself occupied , don't dwell on the past

keep busy.. dont isolate yourself, get out with friends, do things, it helps clear the mind. just get out and try have some fun

i think if you really feel for someone its hard to get over them,

one of my ex's from 2009 i still haven't gotten over even to this day after having a few flings and relationships between then and now,

it was my fault that it ended but i realised i was stupid and how much she meant but it was too late, guess in my case it was true when people say you never know what you have until you lose it

i think if you really feel for someone its hard to get over them,...
You will get over them, you will get over them and over anything in this life; time insures that that does happen for sanity's sake. They (time and sanity) work as partners in solving what the mind believes is unsolvable...

You can add memory to the above two partners also. As memory fades in time, it helps us get over whatever or whoever we have lost in our lives. That's another surviving mechanism for you if you like. Nothing is (or will ever be) forgotten, but fades into the background it assuredly will...

Fadi.

Last edited:
well i was starting my first fulltime job, i thought it was a lot of pressure for 38 hours a week and i spent every minute with her before i had one,

once i found a full time job and had the position i thought id have to give up something i love to live, soon after i realized how stupid i was being and that i made a mistake which i tried to fix, she said she needed time.

so i gave her a month she said she wouldnt move on she just wanted time to think about it all, she ended up telling me she went on a date with another guy which killed me inside,

i still haven't gotten over her and its been a bit over two years now but i guess i learnt from my mistake realizing id give up anything for her, we actually tried it again this year but she seemed to feel too much time had gone past and we had grown differently.

even though its a sad story and as stupid as it sounds it gave me more time to grow on myself, sure im lonely but i had a gym membership which i wasnt using and i have a lot of time, which has lead me to a great hobby of bodybuilding which i will persue for many years coming

well i was starting my first fulltime job, i thought it was a lot of pressure for 38 hours a week and i spent every minute with her before i had one,

once i found a full time job and had the position i thought id have to give up something i love to live, soon after i realized how stupid i was being and that i made a mistake which i tried to fix, she said she needed time.

so i gave her a month she said she wouldnt move on she just wanted time to think about it all, she ended up telling me she went on a date with another guy which killed me inside,

i still haven't gotten over her and its been a bit over two years now but i guess i learnt from my mistake realizing id give up anything for her, we actually tried it again this year but she seemed to feel too much time had gone past and we had grown differently.

even though its a sad story and as stupid as it sounds it gave me more time to grow on myself, sure im lonely but i had a gym membership which i wasnt using and i have a lot of time, which has lead me to a great hobby of bodybuilding which i will persue for many years coming
are u saying u broke up with her when you started working full time?

yeah, i had family issues and working full time i felt under pressure and didnt want her to be with someone that wasnt there for her, but then later realizing i felt like i couldnt live without her.

aww ok,
fadi had some good words.. at the very least you wont ever make this mistake again, you have to trust your future and that you'll find someone else right for you.. you guys said you had grown apart yes?
you can't change that so if it wasn't meant to be.. then it wasn't..
just let it be and focus on forming new relationships

Yeah dude.

I would have thought it would be even easier to get over if you had a second crack and it still didn't work out.

Better than her leaving you for some dude she met on schoolies and not telling you like me :p

Time to get back on the bike ae86; two years is far too long. Put some work into meeting some new women :)

haha i hear ya's i feel i should have moved on 100% by now aswell

@The Hamburgler - after we tried the second time around and she decided i wasnt worth her time and stopped making effort it did give me some closure which made me feel that atleast i got to try,

dating is just weird now since its been so long since i've been close to someone, its like the world around me rotates funny, the girls that are interested in me i barely look twice at the ones im interested in want nothing to do with me so id rather just focus on my lifting and working on cars to keep me occupied

That's the spirit, live your life and just be open for the possibilities of a relationship.

they always broke up with me..
I wasnt good enough for any of them i believe.. it hurt everytime over the 50 ex-girlfriends i dated .. but i got over it..

they always broke up with me..
I wasnt good enough for any of them i believe.. it hurt everytime over the 50 ex-girlfriends i dated .. but i got over it..

You forgot to mention how you were the one making sure they would break up with you.

Ceffo: "Hey honey what's up"
Random GF: "You forgot out 3 month 1 day 6 minute anniversary you bastard!"
Ceffo: "I am so sorry baby but I was out with your friend Cassandra"
Female Background voice: "Come back to bed baby"
Random GF: "That's it we're over"
Ceffo: "Baby no aren't I good enough for you anymore?"
Another Female Background Noise: "Come on Ceffo we are waiting for you"
Ceffo: "Sorry babe your sister needs me"
Random GF: Hangs up

lol dave your a man who understands how the game goes..

players handbook rule #3.. always make them break up with u.. That way your the victim and people like people who are on the rebound as your "vlunerable" .. "she hurt me i need a hug dave" "gropes dave"

i broke up with my girlfriend (of ~5 years) last week, ohh it hurts :(

oh no :( was it mutual?
you'll get through it mate, stay close to your friends

hey what do you guys think of this
if a guy doesnt come out to his gfs 21st, i.e. out clubbing with her/her friends, nor stays for the cake at the family bday celebration.. leaves at 5/6pm cos he wants to train in the morning..

the next year.. he says he'll come out, but not if were out till like 2am..

do you think thats bad on his part?
i know if it were me on an occaison i wouldnt have a time limit
it really hurts :'(

Last edited: