• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So it is a milestone, dunno why people were saying 100kg is fuck all and meaningless

It's a milestone for an autistic kid to leave the house as well
This was the most humorous analogy I could think of, I'm sure there are better ones

First bench milestone I remember hitting was 120kg, then 140, 180, 200, next will be 220 then 227.5 (500lb)

Yeh I remember mates in the under 15s rugby were stoked when I benched 1 plate a side! Lol.
I think I did two plates (100kg) when I was 18 or 19. I was chuffed.
As you all no doubt saw my vid, lol, I got it up to 165kg for 1 rep while doing the smolov jnr program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when I first benched the bar
And when I first tried to bench and got pinned by the bar XD
I was so pleased when I was able to move up from the dumbbells. In a "thank god someone didn't euthanase me" sort of way

I think bench is a fucked exercise. You get to lay down to do it. Why not just stay in bed? I'm imagining that I was a better bencher already.

You could do an incline bench standing up if you clean it and have something to lay/fall back against... But that's just silly

The bench press is a good exercise, it's just that some or most boot lickers think it's the upper body squat and treat it occordingly.

Nekminit rooted shoulder.

Is the close grip bench a shoulder exercise primarily? Clint gives his reasons.

I disagree. Just because a fifth? a quarter? of the movement is primarily shoulders doesn't make it a shoulder exercise. Yes maybe most people miss the fact about shoulders, but are we supposed to ignore the 4/5 of the movement that is primarily about triceps? Come off it.
I do agree with the dude's major points regarding the benefits of the accessory exercises he discusses though.

Shit don't say that.

When I said that I had people telling me close grip is so completely different to "normal" bench that it can in no way be swapped for each other.

The difference is the distance the bar travels, in the powerlifting world that's important, in the strength building/ body building world the bench press must be treated differently.

the Same muscles are moving the bar, figure out which is healthier for the joints.