• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeh its piss easy everyone whos ever been to a gym can bench 100kg

Not that many people can bench 100kg peroid

And only reason i cant bench my bodyweight is (if you have read any of my posts) im just back training, but dont worry will be back at bw bencb in a few weeks

My point is your dip strength seems weak, so maybe there is an issue there which also explains why your struggling with bench?

My bench is weak because I am not big enough and haven't spent enough time benching, not because I didn't avoid benching to get good at a different exercise

So if your no big enough why do you diet like an anorexic teen ager? I dont get you lol

I've already explained this to you, it's pretty obvious why permabulking is a bad idea. The body is so much more primed for growth when lean and coming out of hard dieting. I have plenty of time for everything to increase there is no rush. I'll focus on staying healthy and the weight will come

You havnt explained it, you just said you were trying to cut fat.. Didnt say your plans for after.

So when you gona start adding some size?

I would say 100kg bench is a pretty big mile stone. Its not massive strength but its hardly fucking weak. How many people down the gym can actually bench 100? Not many

I must be working in the wrong place, every second guy up here benches 100... It shits me because I used to think it was a decent sign of strength

Dunno if this 1.5xbw has any validity? 1.5x for me is 156kg. For 0ni it is, 106kg.

So because im taller than 0ni an have a higher bf i need to bench an extra 50kg more than him? Doesnt seem logical to me

While I agree the height should be taken in to account for weight, bf shouldn't. If you were to lean up, do you think you would lose or gain strength in the process? I'd imagine it's possible to do both, but if you lost weight and gained strength you'd burn the candle at both ends so to speak.