• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't think anyone said "focus" on triceps i.e forget to bench to get a bigger bench - simply make sure you do smash your triceps because if you are benching correctly they play a huge role in the movement.

Hard to say mate - could be a mix of all factors - of course triceps play a huge role in any pressing movement and yes not getting enough rest/recovery will result in less than great workouts.

Keep smashing your triceps mate and it will have a great carry over to a better bench....and of course get your rest!

Basically my experience has been smashing the tricep exercises had no carryover to raw bench. Geared bench, I'm guessing it probably would.

Focusing on full ROM bench exercises worked much better.

I think my point might have been missed Rugby. I used to fuck around doing skull crushers etc...sure dips would be great, but for me, just simply more benching works.

Bodybuilding style bench - prob not much carry over

Powerlifting style bench (raw or equip) - def a carry over

Were you focusing purely on a powerlifting style bench at the time or just a normal style "bbing" bench?

I think my point might have been missed Rugby. I used to fuck around doing skull crushers etc...sure dips would be great, but for me, just simply more benching works.

Oh course mate - working on X exercise by doing X exercise will always increase it (well you would hope) - I guess it depends on how far your wanting to take it or as I stated above what your goal is in regards to your training and exercise.

Your full range basic bench variety is where it's at baby.

it will help with those poofy type powrlifting presses.

You mean you got to 80kg and took drugs and bench increased? Also amazing!! Lol
I meant exactly that, instead of focusing on triceps, I focused on bench...simple

Well no, that's not what you said, you said it helped with "speed off the chest"
But yes, you're correct. You increased your volume and you got better

And we all know I wasn't on drugs when I was benching 80kg, we can stop this charade now

I was the same. Wanting to bring up my bench followed the common advise saying you need to smash the triceps. Didn't make a difference

Now following sheiko. Zero extra tricep work just lots of benching and bench is moving great.

Triceps don't seem limiting for my bench. I can pin press from not much above my chest shit loads more than I can bench normally.

My experience and from what I see I'm not alone.

Oh course mate - working on X exercise by doing X exercise will always increase it (well you would hope) - I guess it depends on how far your wanting to take it or as I stated above what your goal is in regards to your training and exercise.

If wanting to take it far involves increasing your bench then for me smashing the triceps wasn't helping me take it anywhere.

The trouble with single joint exercise compared to mutli joint, is the load.
load biulds strength, speed is an element of strength.

simple.

Also Pritchard is pretty convinced it's my triceps holding me back in the bench
I mean all these people that say they don't have a weak body part or training a body part won't get them better just need to look in the mirror

Do you look like this?
3188_1138361295859_1132188636_394249_1653001_n.jpg

Or this?
hqdefault.jpg

Or maybe even this?
Weil5.jpg

Well then the chances are that increased triceps mass WILL improve bench press performance. And increased chest mass, and delt mass.