• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you get scared under a bar, game over.
You need to get into the gym and know your going to kill every rep.

Everybody at my gym does lift outs the same.
The bencher sets up, gives a nod, the spotter counts 3,2,1 - out.
Once the lifter has received the bar at arms length, the spotter opens his palms, then the benching starts.
He also guides the bar back into the rack.

We all do it this way.

Dead right, even when I get underneath the bar for a new PR i'll be telling myself "you can lift this shit, just do it already". Gotta be positive and the games already 1/2 won.

When it's out of the hooks it is war. The few times I have ever had a spotter or lift out I do prefer them to be mute.

"It's all yours bro, one more rep"......etc

Oh really, I never would have thought that.

Besides, I can't hear ABC news radio when others are talking.

Couldn't find anywhere else to post but

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgNnogUF7z0"]Best Bencher Ever? - YouTube[/ame]

And Oni; have you seen Dave Tate lift?
He shakes with 2 plates on his back lol. When he squatted 900 it looked like he was pretending to be a jackhammer

Guess I'll keep hammering the triceps then. That feel when my arms have gone up a whole inch but I'm still not any stronger

Guess I'll keep hammering the triceps then. That feel when my arms have gone up a whole inch but I'm still not any stronger

Well if your biceps have increased it's not going to be much help in the squat, deadlift or bench

Strong arms = strong bench. Biceps extend the shoulder so are still important in the bench. Plus it's mainly my triceps that have grown as that was the focus of my training...

They do flex the shoulder, but since muscles can only contract or relax, If the biceps were doing any real shoulder flexion work in the bench, it would make the elbow extension pretty hard.