• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Benching for Oly lifts

Then why wear them for benching?

Olympic lifters wear them for the squat component of the lifts, they are a disadvantage in the pulls because it brings your weight forward, but you can't wear flats for the pulls and change shoes in the bottom of your squat, so for the disadvantage in the pulls, they make up for it in the squat

The allow those of us who have to have our heels on the floor to wedge our feet back further creating a tighter arch. It means our heels aren't technically on the floor as the heel has raised them a bit but the heel of the shoe is on the floor.

The allow those of us who have to have our heels on the floor to wedge our feet back further creating a tighter arch. It means our heels aren't technically on the floor as the heel has raised them a bit but the heel of the shoe is on the floor.

Good explanation, how much difference would it make?

Why are u so concerned about it?
Powerlifter might ask why not use flats for the variation then

Who cares

Because it sounds ridiculous, to need Olympic lifting shoes for benching, so I was interested in learning something. Almost as silly asking why do Olympic lifters wear Olympic lifting shoes...

If you don't care, and can't answer the question, don't waste my time or yours by posting.

Thanks

Because it sounds ridiculous, to need Olympic lifting shoes for benching, so I was interested in learning something. Almost as silly asking why do Olympic lifters wear Olympic lifting shoes...

If you don't care, and can't answer the question, don't waste my time or yours by posting.

Thanks

That's ok... People were answering you and you were just arguing... Do u bench? Try it

Edit- with shoes I mean

That's ok... People were answering you and you were just arguing... Do u bench? Try it

Edit- with shoes I mean

Post up quotes of arguing.

I use to bench but I don't anymore, don't really see the point of it, just tightens my chest up and makes it harder to snatch, more of a press man now

I use to bench but I don't anymore, don't really see the point of it, just tightens my chest up and makes it harder to snatch, more of a press man now

You should get some shoes from Rivers for $40, they will let ya lift more.

I never really had a problem snatching with bench, just don't smoke your chest to pieces..

Isn't the theory of most oly lifters not benching more to do with bar path of jerk?

How much can you snatch? How much can you overhead squat?

Pretty much the same thing, tight chest = harder to get into a good overhead position.

What do you push press, strict press, clean & press?

I guess it depends on the coach regarding the theory..

Some have said that your initial drive will push out slightly on the jerk..

I does get put on some program's though

I guess it depends on the coach regarding the theory..

Some have said that your initial drive will push out slightly on the jerk..

I does get put on some program's though

Maybe, when I jerk I don't really push the bar up with my arms, I drive with the legs off the shoulders then drop (push myself) under. The bar only goes up to about the top of my head, the rest is me dropping under the bar before it comes back down