• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Don't want to play around with the program but could you do cleans instead of BB curls?

I do mma and as Markos was saying fighters do well with cleans and push presses I thought the cleans would be far more benefical than bb curls.

Don't want to play around with the program but could you do cleans instead of BB curls?

I do mma and as Markos was saying fighters do well with cleans and push presses I thought the cleans would be far more benefical than bb curls.

Do a different program that is more suited to you.

Do a different program that is more suited to you.

I just did this program today for the first time. I am new to lifting (had inconsistently attempted starting strength).

This workout completely fucked me.

This is what i got through, the weights i used i just guessed based on what i have done previously. Will be using trial and error.

I weigh 61kgs

Squat 10x 60kgs, 7x 60, 7x 60

Bench 8x 40kgs, 8x 40, 6x 40

Row 8x 30, 8x 30, 8x 30

MP 8x 25, 6x 25, 5x 25

Dead 8x 60, 8x 60, 8x 60

BB curl 8x 17.5, 8x 17.5, 8x 17.5

My arms and legs are now like jelly, i expect to not be able to move tomorrow. Ill be heading back to the gym on friday (2 days time).

I want to make a journal to track my progress, im off to find the right section!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic :)

I just did this program today for the first time. I am new to lifting (had inconsistently attempted starting strength).

This workout completely fucked me.

This is what i got through, the weights i used i just guessed based on what i have done previously. Will be using trial and error.

I weigh 61kgs

Squat 10x 60kgs, 7x 60, 7x 60

Bench 8x 40kgs, 8x 40, 6x 40

Row 8x 30, 8x 30, 8x 30

MP 8x 25, 6x 25, 5x 25

Dead 8x 60, 8x 60, 8x 60

BB curl 8x 17.5, 8x 17.5, 8x 17.5

My arms and legs are now like jelly, i expect to not be able to move tomorrow. Ill be heading back to the gym on friday (2 days time).

I want to make a journal to track my progress, im off to find the right section!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic :)

what progression?

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

Hi PTC, what weight progression would you suggest for beginners?

Last edited:
what progression?

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

Hi PTC, what weight progression would you suggest for beginners?