• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
why would you recommend HIIT to a 6' tall 64kg guy who "nearly" made it through a beginners program?

It was his first go.
all he has to do is do "better" at the next time he goes at it.
what he also needs to do is eat..

Kez - just keep at it.
try to go ONE better next time.

what weight did you end up using for your work set?

Squats was... 30kg x 10, 10, 8 or 9
Bench was 35kg x 8, 8, 7
Rows I honestly can't remember, they weren't terrific though.

I'm about head out again now and give this another crack. Hopefully I'll finish it this time.

why would you recommend HIIT to a 6' tall 64kg guy who "nearly" made it through a beginners program?

It was his first go.
all he has to do is do "better" at the next time he goes at it.
what he also needs to do is eat..

Kez - just keep at it.
try to go ONE better next time.

what weight did you end up using for your work set?

Squats was... 30kg x 10, 10, 8 or 9
Bench was 35kg x 8, 8, 7
Rows I honestly can't remember, they weren't terrific though.

I'm about head out again now and give this another crack. Hopefully I'll finish it this time.

I would post this in the other thread but its been locked for some reason ??

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-...-deadlifts-doesnt-last-8-reps.html#post151238

In response to this post in particular I would kindly ask for clarification.

Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - View Single Post - my grip for deadlifts doesnt last the 8 reps

Great advice, its why it shits me when a novice thinks he knows better and changes my program, but still calls it PTC blah blah blah

You guys know I never have 8 reps for deads, SLDL are of most benefit when done for higher reps, but a guy who deads 70kg changes it because he clearly knows better

Then starts a thread like this on a forum

This on the surface seems like a contradiction of the sections of the posts I have quoted below ???

Markos, could you please clarify what you recommend set / rep for regular dead lifts ?

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

The exact exercises arent critical, as long as you stick to the hadful of basics.

whether you do SLDL or regular, push press or MP, incline press or bench press etc

I would post this in the other thread but its been locked for some reason ??

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-...-deadlifts-doesnt-last-8-reps.html#post151238

In response to this post in particular I would kindly ask for clarification.

Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - View Single Post - my grip for deadlifts doesnt last the 8 reps

Great advice, its why it shits me when a novice thinks he knows better and changes my program, but still calls it PTC blah blah blah

You guys know I never have 8 reps for deads, SLDL are of most benefit when done for higher reps, but a guy who deads 70kg changes it because he clearly knows better

Then starts a thread like this on a forum

This on the surface seems like a contradiction of the sections of the posts I have quoted below ???

Markos, could you please clarify what you recommend set / rep for regular dead lifts ?

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

The exact exercises arent critical, as long as you stick to the hadful of basics.

whether you do SLDL or regular, push press or MP, incline press or bench press etc

I dont have regular deadlifts in my beginners program because I feel SLDL are a better exercise for beginners.

Read my "Shorty" newsletter.

If someone wanted to perform regular deadlifts and asked me, I would ask how much they were deadlifting. If the answer was under 150kg, I would have them do SLDL.

If it was over, 3 x 3 or 5 x 3, but only once a week on a full body workout.

Only a fool would do 5 x 3 with 160kg in the deadlift 3 x week.

Hope this helps

I dont have regular deadlifts in my beginners program because I feel SLDL are a better exercise for beginners.

Read my "Shorty" newsletter.

If someone wanted to perform regular deadlifts and asked me, I would ask how much they were deadlifting. If the answer was under 150kg, I would have them do SLDL.

If it was over, 3 x 3 or 5 x 3, but only once a week on a full body workout.

Only a fool would do 5 x 3 with 160kg in the deadlift 3 x week.

Hope this helps

Its a newsletter on my website, its about Shorty, he made my Beginners program what it is today.

I think he started on 35kg SLDL and 7 months later pulled 200kg at 67kg.

Its a newsletter on my website, its about Shorty, he made my Beginners program what it is today.

I think he started on 35kg SLDL and 7 months later pulled 200kg at 67kg.

Hey Markos,
Just wondering what your input would be for this, currently i am doing a variation on what I thoguht was your skinny guy routine which is.
2x10 squat
2x8 bench
2x10 deadlift
2x8 curls
2x8 military press
2x8 incline bench
2x12 pullovers

should I keep going at this (it has been molested a bit from teh original skinny guy program)
or start doing this other workout you have posted?

Hey Markos,
Just wondering what your input would be for this, currently i am doing a variation on what I thoguht was your skinny guy routine which is.
2x10 squat
2x8 bench
2x10 deadlift
2x8 curls
2x8 military press
2x8 incline bench
2x12 pullovers

should I keep going at this (it has been molested a bit from teh original skinny guy program)
or start doing this other workout you have posted?