• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
anyone able to help? one more question... when benching on your own how do you spot yourself, cos the pins stop you touching your chest with the bar

anyone able to help? one more question... when benching on your own how do you spot yourself, cos the pins stop you touching your chest with the bar

I had that problem with my power rack too, my chest was a few mm lower then the safety pins. So I got some pieces of timber about 2-3cm thick and sat the bench on there, hence making my chest a few cm higher.

I had that problem with my power rack too, my chest was a few mm lower then the safety pins. So I got some pieces of timber about 2-3cm thick and sat the bench on there, hence making my chest a few cm higher.

Also, is there any chance you could quickly walk me through the correct technique for BB Rows? Whenever I do them, I bend my knees slightly and arch my back, sort of like halfway through a sdld, and row to my upper stomach, but i never really feel it hitting my back. I have a really really weak lower back.

Many thanks again
Aaron

check out exrx

Also, is there any chance you could quickly walk me through the correct technique for BB Rows? Whenever I do them, I bend my knees slightly and arch my back, sort of like halfway through a sdld, and row to my upper stomach, but i never really feel it hitting my back. I have a really really weak lower back.

Many thanks again
Aaron

check out exrx

cheers just did. are there any alternatives to rows, i know if your not good at something you should work on it but for the timebeing, my main focus is on the main three and getting those lifts up, and i dont want to screw my back up with the wrong rowing technique.

cheers just did. are there any alternatives to rows, i know if your not good at something you should work on it but for the timebeing, my main focus is on the main three and getting those lifts up, and i dont want to screw my back up with the wrong rowing technique.

Thats ok don't row but instead screw your shoulders up.

I think you get the point.

Also you have more chance screwing your back deadlifting than rowing, rowing technique is easy just don't go heavier than you can actually properly lift.

Thats ok don't row but instead screw your shoulders up.

I think you get the point.

Also you have more chance screwing your back deadlifting than rowing, rowing technique is easy just don't go heavier than you can actually properly lift.

Chinups and cleans do not give you what a row does, pure scapula retraction to counteract all that benching. If you do chins you still need to row. If you deadlift you still need to row, if you clean you still need to row.

Chinups and cleans do not give you what a row does, pure scapula retraction to counteract all that benching. If you do chins you still need to row. If you deadlift you still need to row, if you clean you still need to row.

what grip do you use on your rows

what grip do you use on your rows