• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Its an awesome thread but its soo much longer than it needs to be.
This is so simple, follow the program, keep adding more weight/reps than last session, eat well, rest well and enjoy the results!

Its an awesome thread but its soo much longer than it needs to be.
This is so simple, follow the program, keep adding more weight/reps than last session, eat well, rest well and enjoy the results!

One question I did have was on the deload. Do you drop the weight 10% after 3 failed attempts at reaching the prescribed reps and sets or do you you drop it if you don't improve 3 times in a row.

e.g.
1. 8,6,5

(deload or not?)
Still improving in reps so no need?

One question I did have was on the deload. Do you drop the weight 10% after 3 failed attempts at reaching the prescribed reps and sets or do you you drop it if you don't improve 3 times in a row.

e.g.
1. 8,6,5

(deload or not?)
Still improving in reps so no need?

According to Markos you should never deload :p

Huh? Was a serious question, I actually don't know the answer to.

I had heard about doing an extra set so that total volume increases but that hasn't gone too well for my bench/sohp plateau. (And I'm eating heaps these days trying to gain and getting my 8hrs sleep/night :) 9.5 actually last night :p)

According to Markos you should never deload :p

Huh? Was a serious question, I actually don't know the answer to.

I had heard about doing an extra set so that total volume increases but that hasn't gone too well for my bench/sohp plateau. (And I'm eating heaps these days trying to gain and getting my 8hrs sleep/night :) 9.5 actually last night :p)

I would just stick to it, esp if the reps are continueing to increase.

As for volume as long as you are getting 20-30 work reps its all good.

With bench I find ir responds to volume, 30-50reps, but that's just me.

I would just stick to it, esp if the reps are continueing to increase.

As for volume as long as you are getting 20-30 work reps its all good.

With bench I find ir responds to volume, 30-50reps, but that's just me.