• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Anytime you restrict calories, your training will suffer, it doesnt mean you wont make progress though, plenty of my clients are on calorie restricted diets, especially the girls, doesnt stop them doing 300lb deadlifts

Anytime you restrict calories, your training will suffer, it doesnt mean you wont make progress though, plenty of my clients are on calorie restricted diets, especially the girls, doesnt stop them doing 300lb deadlifts

Ok thanks - I think I will stick with curls anyway as it will be easier to track progress due to bodyweight fluctuations.

i was thinking the same thing koncept.

by the way, just noticed both you guys are from perth, whereabouts do you train?
I train at zest in mirrabooka as it's close to me, suprisingly for a fairly large chain they have most of the good equipment like power racks, bench's etc. A lot of gym socialites there but I just focus on my own work so doesn't really bother me.

Ok thanks - I think I will stick with curls anyway as it will be easier to track progress due to bodyweight fluctuations.

i was thinking the same thing koncept.

by the way, just noticed both you guys are from perth, whereabouts do you train?
I train at zest in mirrabooka as it's close to me, suprisingly for a fairly large chain they have most of the good equipment like power racks, bench's etc. A lot of gym socialites there but I just focus on my own work so doesn't really bother me.

i've been doing this program for 2 proper weeks now. Effective as hell in knocking me out. Especially the squats and deads in the same session. I'm going thru a bit of DOMS atm... should I just be upping calories in order to recover from this asap?

i've been doing this program for 2 proper weeks now. Effective as hell in knocking me out. Especially the squats and deads in the same session. I'm going thru a bit of DOMS atm... should I just be upping calories in order to recover from this asap?

Then eat 4.5 times your weight in calories per day.

If you are 80kg, thats 3600 calories per day.

Then eat 4.5 times your weight in calories per day.

If you are 80kg, thats 3600 calories per day.

Someone mentioned it earlier but not much response was given - Rippetoe's Starting Strength program recommends 3x5. Others like Lyle McDonald recommend aiming training towards your goals, ie dont try and convert a strength program into a hypertrophy program and vice versa. The realm of 8 reps is traditionally thought of as hypertrophy territory, yet you are recommending this rep range with the goal of achieving 1 rep max strength goals. Would it not be better to use a strength oriented program to achive these goals?

Someone mentioned it earlier but not much response was given - Rippetoe's Starting Strength program recommends 3x5. Others like Lyle McDonald recommend aiming training towards your goals, ie dont try and convert a strength program into a hypertrophy program and vice versa. The realm of 8 reps is traditionally thought of as hypertrophy territory, yet you are recommending this rep range with the goal of achieving 1 rep max strength goals. Would it not be better to use a strength oriented program to achive these goals?