• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thank you for posting this information Markos, you have inspired me to take up your program. I joined a gym for the first time 2 months ago and the pt's there gave me nothing but machine work, and ab crunches! Im sure there next program would of been better but I dont really want to waste more time to find out.

I started looking for split routines not really knowing what to look for and came accross this thread which led me to issue 39 of your newsletter, everything made perfect sence and untill then, I had no idea of what I wanted to achive, no goals nothing except to get more active.

Things are a little different now, I really want to aim to squatting 1.5 (160) and reaching the other numbers you posted. Not sure how long this will take but im looking forward to the ride.

Have only started very light to concentrate on technique while slowly adding weight, 2 months on the leg curls and extensions were nothing compared to 3 sets of empty (how embarrassing but I have to start somewhere!) barbell squats, damn they feel good! Only 2 sessions in and really looking forward to another tomorrow.

Also may as well use this to shout a big thanks to the other members here, great bunch of posters

Gary

Thank you for posting this information Markos, you have inspired me to take up your program. I joined a gym for the first time 2 months ago and the pt's there gave me nothing but machine work, and ab crunches! Im sure there next program would of been better but I dont really want to waste more time to find out.

I started looking for split routines not really knowing what to look for and came accross this thread which led me to issue 39 of your newsletter, everything made perfect sence and untill then, I had no idea of what I wanted to achive, no goals nothing except to get more active.

Things are a little different now, I really want to aim to squatting 1.5 (160) and reaching the other numbers you posted. Not sure how long this will take but im looking forward to the ride.

Have only started very light to concentrate on technique while slowly adding weight, 2 months on the leg curls and extensions were nothing compared to 3 sets of empty (how embarrassing but I have to start somewhere!) barbell squats, damn they feel good! Only 2 sessions in and really looking forward to another tomorrow.

Also may as well use this to shout a big thanks to the other members here, great bunch of posters

Gary

Well done Gary on seeing the light.

Will you roast that person at the gym who gave you machine work for me or direct him here so I can tell him myself.

Well done Gary on seeing the light.

Will you roast that person at the gym who gave you machine work for me or direct him here so I can tell him myself.

Good luck on your journey Gary, consistency and effort are the only ingredients you need to bring into the mix now. Over time, your lifts will increase, a lot. Lots of small steps leads to a giant step in 12 months.

That PT was only showing you what he was taught. He's not a bad person, hate the game, not the player.

A kid at McDonalds only knows one way to make a burger, the way he was taught. PT's are exactly the same. Few come from a lifting background, they simply decide its a good career, and off they go for a 12 week course.

Start a training journal so we can watch your progress.

Good luck on your journey Gary, consistency and effort are the only ingredients you need to bring into the mix now. Over time, your lifts will increase, a lot. Lots of small steps leads to a giant step in 12 months.

That PT was only showing you what he was taught. He's not a bad person, hate the game, not the player.

A kid at McDonalds only knows one way to make a burger, the way he was taught. PT's are exactly the same. Few come from a lifting background, they simply decide its a good career, and off they go for a 12 week course.

Start a training journal so we can watch your progress.

Thanks guys

Cant wait to see their faces when they see me doing squats and deadlifts!
Will start a journal, as I said only started very light so dont laugh! haha

Thanks guys

Cant wait to see their faces when they see me doing squats and deadlifts!
Will start a journal, as I said only started very light so dont laugh! haha

You have to start somewhere man, at least you are on the right track.

You have to start somewhere man, at least you are on the right track.

Thats true mate, better to build up slowly rather than lift with a huge ego and get injured. Your posts have been very informative too, keep it up!

Thats true mate, better to build up slowly rather than lift with a huge ego and get injured. Your posts have been very informative too, keep it up!

Hi guys, I've decided to take up this program as I certainly can't make the weights suggested on those lifts so am classing myself as beginner.

Two quick questions:
1. I'm currently on a cut so can I still expect strength gains?
2. Would it be wise to change the Barbell Curls for Chin-ups (I would have thought these a better compound) or just keep as is?

Hi guys, I've decided to take up this program as I certainly can't make the weights suggested on those lifts so am classing myself as beginner.

Two quick questions:
1. I'm currently on a cut so can I still expect strength gains?
2. Would it be wise to change the Barbell Curls for Chin-ups (I would have thought these a better compound) or just keep as is?

i was thinking the same thing koncept.

by the way, just noticed both you guys are from perth, whereabouts do you train?

i was thinking the same thing koncept.

by the way, just noticed both you guys are from perth, whereabouts do you train?