• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The average 300g chicken breast has approx 60g of protein. Grams of protein and grams of meat is a totally different calculation.

A vegetarian consumes 0g of meat a day. That's the definition of being a vegetarian.

You are just repeating what I said earlier a vegetarian that consumes no meat could get benefits from consuming BCAA's as he would not be getting a lot.

But someone that eats protein foods/meat/chicken/eggs daily will already have a full tank of BCAA's as your 300g chicken breast contains 15-20 grams of BCAA's,

So we go back to the beginning were I said any person that meets his daily protein requirement from either food or protein powders will have more than enough BCAA's in his diet.

If you rather believe the glossy label on the bottle and the owner of a chain of supplement stores over hundreds of scientific studies and research conducted without bias there is little else I can do, the information is there, all you need to do is click on the link and read it (which obviously you have not done). This is real research conducted by real scientists not some guys personal opinion with no references like the link you provided.

Well it sure won't be Mtor, as you have avoided that 5 or 6 times now.

Mate you don't have to know the firing order of the engine and how an automatic gear box changes gears to know how to drive.

Mtor works on a cellular level and makes no difference, it is just something your body does, something to consider with all your Mtor thinking is that overstimulation can be a huge contributor to disease such as cancer, cardiovascular disease and metabolic disorders.

What do you know about it?? Or is it only a catch phrase your Supplement chain owner/trainer threw at you. You did not know that milk contains water yet you know how body building works on a intracellular level??

Again how are you avoiding BCAA's, your first post was that your trainer advised you to avoid BCAA's all day in favour of one dose around training as the pathways get blunted, yet nearly every person consumes BCAA's all day long and you go one step further you consume them all day with your EAA's, So your receptors should be dead, and yet it is the same person that told you to avoid BCAA's that told you to consume EAA's which are also BCAA"s.

Last edited:
…., I strictly use BCAA post workout, as Luke McNally told me the MTor pathway gets blunted by constant BCAA consumption during the day, but in one big load once a day it is most effective.

This is what started the discussion.

If BCAA's blunt these Mtor pathways why are you consuming them (BCAA's) all day long??

This is what started the discussion.

If BCAA's blunt these Mtor pathways why are you consuming them (BCAA's) all day long??

You are a clown. I have answered how I administer, why, and what I do the rest of the day, (consuming protein - essential amino acids) and supplement with the 3 branched aminos post training yet you keep asking the same question. You are playing on words, and generally trying to prove a point. To who? God knows. Why do you have such a agenda with Luke? If not Luke then me?

I put my physique on display to show what my regime and practice has created. You have declined to do the same. That tells me you have a average physique, and are compensating through tearing down others.

luke has been invaluable to me in many facets, and I believe in his protocols.

this will be my last post in this thread.

good luck "BIG" mick

As I posted already, the BCAAs from food and the BCAAs from a supplement are broken and down and digested in different ways. You keep looking at BCAAs from the macro perspective where that's irrelevant.

I agree with [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; for once :)

Pointless supplement if you are already getting enough protein from whole food sources.

BCAA's became very popular around the same time as lean gains...funny that :p

However, if someone is fasting and then training then I can see the benefit (in very lean people).

No studies that I'm aware of that show increased LBM over time (not acute MPS response) to BCAA ingestion with equivalent protein intake.

Whats wrong with having a scoop of Whey 1 hour before training and a few scoops of Whey after training?

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

As I posted already, the BCAAs from food and the BCAAs from a supplement are broken and down and digested in different ways. You keep looking at BCAAs from the macro perspective where that's irrelevant.

No they are not, BCAA's are BCAA's no matter where they come from your body only sees the nutrients it does not care what the source is. Your body does not sit there going wow I got these you beaut BCAA's here that cost $100 per container I will do something different with them than these crappy old BCAA's from that chicken breast:p

What happens if you eat too much protein? It turns to fat or you flush it from your body?

Good question I would guess as BCAA supplements are free form and not really high in calories, so they will most likely go straight down the toilet in a nice yellow stream of piss, while the food you had consumed earlier would have already replenished your stores.

You are a clown. I have answered how I administer, why, and what I do the rest of the day, (consuming protein - essential amino acids) and supplement with the 3 branched aminos post training yet you keep asking the same question. You are playing on words, and generally trying to prove a point. To who? God knows. Why do you have such a agenda with Luke? If not Luke then me?

I put my physique on display to show what my regime and practice has created. You have declined to do the same. That tells me you have a average physique, and are compensating through tearing down others.

luke has been invaluable to me in many facets, and I believe in his protocols.

this will be my last post in this thread.

good luck "BIG" mick

Ok, you are the clown. You posted up that you should not be consuming BCAA's throughout the day due to pathways getting blunted, when I questioned this you told me that some super supplement shop owner/trainer told you this, and since he is bigger than me it must be true, then you preceded to tell me that same trainer told you to also consume EEA's which are full of free form BCAA's all day long, so which is it?? Only one can be true, either these pathways get blunted or they do not!!

How can you put faith in a guy that gives completely conflicting advice, then recommends you take products that would directly interfere with the advice he gave you??

Ok, you are the clown. You posted up that you should not be consuming BCAA's throughout the day due to pathways getting blunted, when I questioned this you told me that some super supplement shop owner/trainer told you this, and since he is bigger than me it must be true, then you preceded to tell me that same trainer told you to also consume EEA's which are full of free form BCAA's all day long, so which is it?? Only one can be true, either these pathways get blunted or they do not!!

How can you put faith in a guy that gives completely conflicting advice, then recommends you take products that would directly interfere with the advice he gave you??

Against my better judgement I will post once more.

when I refer to EAA I am referring to the essential amino acids contained with a protein structure from food (which you clearly did not read several times)

i have taken the liberty of reading over your posts over the last few months, and you appear to be a serial pest / antagonistic type of person that takes great pleasure in this type of behaviour.

every third post is you having a disagreement with someone.

i am not interested in engaging in debates that go round and round in circles (again a trademark from your previous posts) with someone I have no knowledge of their credentials or background.

you appear to have ongoing beef with several members here, and that's fine, but I won't be one of them engaging any further in your rubbish.

my physique talks loud enough, as does Luke's. Keep fighting the good internet battle Mick.

......guy with a keg or a belly telling guy with ripped 18" arms how it's done
I'm confused

Not having a dig at Dave, but Dave was a juicer. ie Muscle Protein Synthesis increased etc.

Do you use BCAAs Darko? The Prosecution rests your Honour :D

a706564a29bdf796180ee4be3a64ea9b.jpg

But really, I have zero interest or faith in any supplements
They may work for a professional athlete living on the edge of his chosen field to get that .0001% advantage but for regular knobs like me it's a waste of money and time even thinking about it

No they are not, BCAA's are BCAA's no matter where they come from your body only sees the nutrients it does not care what the source is. Your body does not sit there going wow I got these you beaut BCAA's here that cost $100 per container I will do something different with them than these crappy old BCAA's from that chicken breast:p

You totally missed the point I made. Read that link again that I posted. BCAAs not tied to other whole food proteins bypass digestion and aminos in the blood increase almost instantly, not hours later.

Just because you want to see everything in black and white, doesn't make it so. Things are more complex than just macros and grams.

But really, I have zero interest or faith in any supplements
They may work for a professional athlete living on the edge of his chosen field to get that .0001% advantage but for regular knobs like me it's a waste of money and time even thinking about it

Advertising is powerful.
i think they provide zero benefit, and in most cases harmful or counter productive.