• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
More importantly, how are you determining the perfect diet?

Same problem as supplements, you are making a decision based on spurious evidence and group think in most cases.

Hence my position that unless you are at an elite level of performance where incremental gains are being measured or predicted with scientific data, its more than likely a waste of money.

You can be close enough with your diet and never know the difference, the body is far from an efficient machine and its very difficult to assess results based on real information, let alone having half arsed anecdotes and good advertising rule your training regime.

Last edited:
What is this perfect diet I hear about everyone talking about when they talk about supplements?

The Powerlifters diet Bruz!

AKOSAD and GOMAD!

TrollFaceBlackSS.png

Wouldn't the person who has a "perfect diet" be the one less likely to need supplements.
I hear all the time only use supps when you have your diet in order. I'd say it should be the other way around. The person with the shit diet would get more benefit out of supplements esp powders and amino's due to crappy diet.

Exactly what I said earlier…..if your diet is spot on then no need for supplements. steveP keeps saying supplements work best when diet and training is spot on, completely ignoring that it's the diet and training giving the results not the supplements.

Perfect diet for body building would be one that meets your daily requirements of nutrients and calories, this will of course be an individual thing, I am guessing the people here asking what the perfect diet is are just stirring the pot, if you don't know how much protein you should be consuming every day and what basic macros you need then you need to go back to the beginning, there are plenty of threads about it here.

Exactly what I said earlier…..if your diet is spot on then no need for supplements. steveP keeps saying supplements work best when diet and training is spot on, completely ignoring that it's the diet and training giving the results not the supplements.

Perfect diet for body building would be one that meets your daily requirements of nutrients and calories, this will of course be an individual thing, I am guessing the people here asking what the perfect diet is are just stirring the pot, if you don't know how much protein you should be consuming every day and what basic macros you need then you need to go back to the beginning, there are plenty of threads about it here.

Not stirring the pot. Who here knows the exact amount of protein you should be eating per day. ? No one. We have an idea how much but there is no set perfect number of grams.

Just like there is no set perfect number of grams of carbs or fat.

The point is when people say their diet is perfect what does that mean. One persons definition of perfect will be different to someone else and even then no one knows for sure what they are doing is even perfect for them.

Try taking WPI when you eat maccas all day. It's only going to result in more excess fat gain. Or take a fat burner on a calorie surplus. You still need to know what you're doing. I think people are just arguing extremes here and no real world scenarios.

If you're getting the clinical dose of 3g of Beta Alanine and 5g of creatine every day from your diet, great. I would much rather pay a few dollars a day, and know my actual dosage than throw the dice and assume it's all in my diet. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's not possible to have a diet that will have optimal doses in the above listed supplements.

Try taking WPI when you eat maccas all day. It's only going to result in more excess fat gain. Or take a fat burner on a calorie surplus. You still need to know what you're doing. I think people are just arguing extremes here and no real world scenarios.

If you're getting the clinical dose of 3g of Beta Alanine and 5g of creatine every day from your diet, great. I would much rather pay a few dollars a day, and know my actual dosage than throw the dice and assume it's all in my diet. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's not possible to have a diet that will have optimal doses in the above listed supplements.

If you're in a calorie surplus you probably don't need extra protein anyway. Probably getting more than enough anyway.

Taking a fat burner isn't likely to help if you are in a calorie deficit either.

I thought you said your diet was perfect.

You can easily be in a caloric surplus and not be getting enough protein to build muscle. It depends completely on what your calories are made up of. Another observation re. supplements - there may be greater benefits to be seen at dosages far higher than what the body produces naturally.

Does anyone else get the impression [MENTION=895]Sonic[/MENTION]; started this thread, making Biggy Mickey O.P., knowing it would become a Category 5 forum barney.

Fucken master stroke Shrekky!!! :D

Not stirring the pot. Who here knows the exact amount of protein you should be eating per day. ? No one. We have an idea how much but there is no set perfect number of grams.

Just like there is no set perfect number of grams of carbs or fat.

The point is when people say their diet is perfect what does that mean. One persons definition of perfect will be different to someone else and even then no one knows for sure what they are doing is even perfect for them.

Who knows what the exact numbers are, I personally don't think it matters our bodies are better than that, they seem to adapt quite well from what I can see, I mean people these days eat crap for decades and they still seem to live to be 60, 70, 80 etc

My mother is nearly 80, she has never exercised a day in her life, eats what she wants to eat when she wants to eat, how much she wants to eat (ie follows no diet rules, has no idea about macros, proteins, fats etc) yet at nearly 80 she still get around with little issues, still regularly does 500-1000km interstate road trips several times a year, travel overseas at least once a year, goes on cruises, and enjoys life.

The human body is an amazing machine and I am not sure it is critical that you eat the exact amounts of what ever every single day. Personally I believe if you eat some meat (beef, chicken, fish, etc etc), and some veggies every day, have the occasional salad drink some water and have a piece of fruit occasionally you should be fine for all intends and purposes, that is how I structure my diet, I avoid alcohol 95% of the time, avoid soft drinks 90% of the time, limit intake of highly processed rubbish most of the time.

I still eat most things in a party situation, I have not had a beer since Christmas as there has been no occasion to do so, I did have three bourbons on Sunday night, but won't be doing that again for a while or till the occasion comes up.

Take care of the basics and the rest will look after itself, like the old saying goes, 'look after the cents and the dollars will take care of themselves'.

Others may have a different approach, all will probably work as your body will just deal with it provided you give it the basics.

I'll be taking all the 'supplements' I can get me hands on too, if I was forced to eat boiled chicked all the time.

Bet you didn't know BCAA's could do all this? :D

$_12.JPG

Did you know that our supplement not only allows you to gain muscle mass quicker but also helps you loose any annoying pockets of fat by going through your blood stream and seeping into those pockets and then loosening the fat strands so the fat can more easily be expelled and then with what ever little fat is left in each cell these supplements will be help you turn it in to muscle at a quicker pace then any other legitimate supplement on the market today. Our product even helps with muscle return through the muscle fibers providing rapid return of muscle mass and strength even after long periods of inactivity.

$_12.JPG

Did you know that our supplement not only allows you to gain muscle mass quicker but also helps you loose any annoying pockets of fat by going through your blood stream and seeping into those pockets and then loosening the fat strands so the fat can more easily be expelled and then with what ever little fat is left in each cell these supplements will be help you turn it in to muscle at a quicker pace then any other legitimate supplement on the market today. Our product even helps with muscle return through the muscle fibers providing rapid return of muscle mass and strength even after long periods of inactivity.

Is that from the MassiveJoes website?

LOL. no.
Saw it on e-bay. I sent them a message. :D

Please show me the scientific studies where it shows BCAA's burn fat?
Also you didn't put up the ingredients list and quantities.
Please respond or you will be reported for false advertising.

$_12.JPG

These are super BCAA's, that can do what has to this day been impossible, to turn fat into muscle. They must think people are completely retarded.

Someone should start a thread on rediculous supplement claims.

Last edited:

$_12.JPG

I just bought 10 bottles....but waiting till diet is 100% spot on....