• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Battle of the Gyms - Saturday 19th

FWIW, even where there is no raw division as such, raw is how most newcomers come to the sport (at least they should). In my experience most lifters lift raw for at their first few comps and many don't compete equipped until they've reach a pretty strong level anyway to the point where they've reached a national qualification standard. I've been in the sport around a year and most of the guys I started with still lift raw/raw+knee/wrist wraps only.

Using equipment is not as easy as it looks and actually makes it harder to put a score on the board when you're inexperienced/not strong enough yet - even if you are experienced, putting on a shirt increases your chances of bombing significantly, particularly in IPF with the rules regarding feet/belly benching/head on bench etc which make it a lot lot harder to touch in a tight shirt. Once you try equipment you definitely gain a new respect for those who use it. So me and a few people that started around the same time as me - we're all happy just getting stronger and having fun in comps trying to beat our previous best for the timebeing.

I agree it's very hard to explain to outsiders. I'm not an "old timer" but I understand why equipped lifting exists and have a respect for both raw and equipped.

Last edited:
There is def no rift between equip and raw lifters - stupid thing to say....lets not try and make out that raw lifters hate equip lifters.

For me I think raw is great for ppl to get into the sport - then whatever direction (RAW or equip) they want to take after that its upto them - we are all looking to lift as much weight as we can.

There is a damn rift, PTC just fckn admitted it by saying he has no respect for equipped lifters. If he is training "raw lifters" of course this shit will rub off. Rift does not mean "hate".

As for the bb reff it was just a comparison between a thing in their sport not comparing Pl to BB in any way.

PTC gets away with to much shit on this forum, and insulting guys that want to lift with equipment is just stupid.

Some of us out there still do like the challenge of equipment. There are more people competing in WPC equipped then raw.

I am a equipped lifter and if you want to put me and others down that lift equipped on the fckn internet then go ahead, I can take way more punishment.

Where on earth have I said I have no respect for equipped lifters. You stated raw lifters and equipped have a rift. Back it up. Every guy that I deal with at CAPO is an equipped lifter, Steve Brown, Paul Nay, Barry Murray etc.

Not once have I said I have no respect for equipped lifters.

I guess either your reading or comprehension skills arent as goodas your insulting skills.

read everything I wrote and comeback if you like. Read Slow this time.

I have great respect for equipped powerlifters, up until now, its all I''ve known. I traveled around to PL comps in the late 80's and early 90's, there was no raw then, my brother and all my mates lifted equipped.

Stop being a troublemaker and putting words in peoples mouths.

Or learn to read BEFORE you post.

Where on earth have I said I have no respect for equipped lifters. You stated raw lifters and equipped have a rift. Back it up. Every guy that I deal with at CAPO is an equipped lifter, Steve Brown, Paul Nay, Barry Murray etc.

Not once have I said I have no respect for equipped lifters.

I guess either your reading or comprehension skills arent as goodas your insulting skills.

read everything I wrote and comeback if you like. Read Slow this time.

I have great respect for equipped powerlifters, up until now, its all I''ve known. I traveled around to PL comps in the late 80's and early 90's, there was no raw then, my brother and all my mates lifted equipped.

Stop being a troublemaker and putting words in peoples mouths.

Or learn to read BEFORE you post.

Want to insult me more keep it up (Ive had bigger insults from drill Sgts lol). From reading all you're posts in regards to equipped powerlifting today, of course im going to ascertain that you don't respect (or like gear). And no I was not talking about the above high lighted quote. You would never openly admit it so I don't care.

You have an agenda on this forum to sell you're programs and such, and I think you are taking advantage of the situation and people.

Good Day :D

Thought you just made it up to support your argument.

Facts big fella, gives you more credibilty. You obviously know nothing about me.

All my friends are equipped PL, all my clients lift raw.

Big difference.

So now your also the self appointed forum police. Nice.

Providing programs for $20 to lifters who get results, I'm the next Bill Gates lol

And where on earth have I ever insulted you or an equipped lifter. You guys are monsters, why would I ever start an argument or insult you guys.

Dont know why your so pissed, but you make a lot of statements about things I've said, but you cant produce one.

Please dont think I'm the only guy on here who has little interest in equipped lifting.

Some people have no interest in cricket, I dont hate on them. Whats your problem?

Just because my clients lift raw, is that a crime, get over it.

A massive fuel bill for all the running around I do and meetings I attend.

He first asked for help in November 2009, but I wasnt interested.

Then that whole PA thing happened with Shorty, so I got involved.

No one gets paid at CAPO, or PA from what I know. In fact Steve puts his hand in his own pocket too often.

At the end of the day equip or raw its still powerlifting and both should get equal respect - your still getting under that bar and busting your ass.

Last night I had RAW powerlifters busting their ass next to guys wearing deadlift and bench shirts - both supporting eachother and both asking questions - I think it keeps things fresh and a powerlifter more motivated to hit more goals.

Any new lifter donning equipment now will be a minority and irrelevant.

This is the comment that got me and some others a bit peeved. For intance a new guy comes along squats over 400kg breaks the all time squat record (anything can happen), but because he lifted in equipment you're saying that this will be irrelevant?

Im not hear to tear anyone apart i just want to know why you said that.

I dont think there is any new guy waiting in the wings who in his first comp will don a suit and squat 400kg, if he does, my hats off to him.

My message was relevant to your typical novice lifter. Nobody can argue that raw is growing at a much faster rate than equipped.

Also, equipped lifters are taking their suits off, I dont know of many (any) raw lifters putting suits on.

I have no issue at all with equipped lifters, never have. I love the AFL, cant watch the VFL, doesnt mean I dont like football.

I'd much rather watch a kid busting his ass to see what he can lift, I didnt think there was anything wrong with that.

Peace.

Ok I can see you're point of view. I for one love equipment, its a bitch to master and I realy like the technical side of it. I also love raw lifting as well. For now im staying equipped.

:)

Ok I can see you're point of view. I for one love equipment, its a bitch to master and I realy like the technical side of it. I also love raw lifting as well. For now im staying equipped.

:)

Its all good! Do what you do because you love it..

I personally want to be in a gym and osmeone says show me your 1rm and i Do it and beat it.. Not say oh shit let me get dressed and then ill show you or sorry i left my gear at ohme i cant do it today...

But thats me personally... If i was to go equipped i think i would pump myself full of every known anabolic substance there is.

But perhaps we canmake lifters deadlift nude and make rule balls have to touch the gorund... that wouldbe interesting (no homo)

Its all good! Do what you do because you love it..

I personally want to be in a gym and osmeone says show me your 1rm and i Do it and beat it.. Not say oh shit let me get dressed and then ill show you or sorry i left my gear at ohme i cant do it today...

But thats me personally... If i was to go equipped i think i would pump myself full of every known anabolic substance there is.

But perhaps we canmake lifters deadlift nude and make rule balls have to touch the gorund... that wouldbe interesting (no homo)

Sorry mate but what the f uck has that got to do with anything in regards to equip lifting?

Get an idea of powerlifting and then come and comment...

Sorry mate but what the f uck has that got to do with anything in regards to equip lifting?

Get an idea of powerlifting and then come and comment...

I said what i would do...

In my mind equipped gives an advantage over raw naturally i would want as much assistance as i could get so does the other..

I dont think that is very fair for you to single me out and have a crack at something i would personally do.

I am aloud to have a comment on something i would do no?

There just totally different things though and to say ok well Iam putting on a squat suit so I better start smashin the dbols is a stupid thing to say.

Its just a very very weird thing to say....Iam a natural but love equip lifting and have never thought oh ok well I am using a bench shirt so I'll hit the juice...

There just totally different things though and to say ok well Iam putting on a squat suit so I better start smashin the dbols is a stupid thing to say.

Its just a very very weird thing to say....Iam a natural but love equip lifting and have never thought oh ok well I am using a bench shirt so I'll hit the juice...

But that is your personal thought and experience..

I see both simply ass a performance enhancement..

Does a bench shirt allow you to bench more? Of course otherwise people wouldnt use it.. Will gear eventually allow you to lift more, yes.

Maybe its just me but i think majority of people that can pull a 400kg deadlift will be on some kind of "performance enhancers"

because at the end of the day thats what both of them do enhance performance.. So if you are opting for one i dont understand why the other is so bad all of a sudden?

Im not having a go at you simply putting across my pov.

Neither one is bad but you don't put the 2 in the same boat...

I never once said all equiped lifters are on gear.

I simply said if i was going to compete equioped i would juice up as i personally consider them both advantages...

Not all bodybuilders are on gear.. Yet everyone at the top is can a pureley strength based sport be any different?