• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I never lift overly heavy with suicide any more (cos I don't usually bench with safeties) but I've never had it feel like the bar was going to slip out of my hand. Even with a thick bar or fat gripz

I never lift overly heavy with suicide any more (cos I don't usually bench with safeties) but I've never had it feel like the bar was going to slip out of my hand. Even with a thick bar or fat gripz

I benched 165kg last year using that grip and have used 'suicide' grip for over 20 years of training. Never had a problem! Horses for courses. I've always trained that way, never had a problem, so I'm in no hurry to change it up.

Inb4 I drop it on my face and end up headlining 9 news hahahah

l-sit.jpg

working on the abs with L-sits this morning.
These are harder than I thought...
any tips [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION]; [MENTION=7877]RyanF[/MENTION];

Good sesh this morning
Left arms off as I hammered them yesterday and will be doing rope climbs tomorrow, need arms to be fresh for them.

Bosu squats x 22
Lunges w/22kg db x 22
DB squats x 22 w 22kg db
rest 2 mins

One leg sqaut off step x 20 each leg (tough)
calf raise w/30kg bar x 45
wide chins x 12
monkey chins x 8
wide chins x 6
rest 2 mins

Upright row x 15
DB Shoulder press x 16
rest 2 mins

3 x 1 min planks
attempted a few L-sits, did 5-6 for about 5-6 seconds each time lol. Theyre hard!! Abs were burning!

good tough session last night in the cold. Also trained my brother, who has dropped 5kg in a month, his bench press is up 33% and hasnt had a headache in 4 weeks. Finally got his routine in place, he's a changed man. Im proud of the bloke.

anyway, this thread is all about me, so he's my session from last night.

1km warm-up
dynamic stretch

6 sets of this non-stop
400m run
BW bench press (97kg) x max - 12, 12, 10, 9, 9, 12
pull-ups x max - 15, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8

Yesterday morning
Not as cold as I expected

Bosu squats x 22
Lunges x 22
DB squats x 22

Step ups x 40
Calf raises x 45
Wide chins x 12
Monkey chins x 10
Pull-ups x 6

DB shoulder press x 18
Upright row x 15

DB curls x 22
Tricep dips x 20

Weighted ring dips x 15
Weighted pull ups x 6

Taurus, looking into bosu squats. Do you just stick to bodyweight, or add dumbells.

I am still scared to actually squat down, had first go today.

Taurus, looking into bosu squats. Do you just stick to bodyweight, or add dumbells.

I am still scared to actually squat down, had first go today.

Body weight on those only. For me anyway. Id stand on the ball part, not the flat bit to start with.

Last edited:
Taurus, I did 3x10 squats on flat part today after legs. it wobbled a lot, but started to get swing of things. Probably crouched over too much, so will need to improve by squatting more upright over time.

View attachment 11421

working on the abs with L-sits this morning.
These are harder than I thought...
any tips @jzpowahz; @RyanF;
Idno, you're probably doing them better than I would. I've never really practiced L-sits on their own, even though I do mediocre L-pull ups. All I can really say is that bending the knees allows you to reduce torque if you need to for the sake of increasing TUT and/or improving core control. Use your TA by drawing your belly in; use your pelvic floor by sucking your balls up; breathe; know when you've failed to use the right muscles.

Idno, you're probably doing them better than I would. I've never really practiced L-sits on their own, even though I do mediocre L-pull ups. All I can really say is that bending the knees allows you to reduce torque if you need to for the sake of increasing TUT and/or improving core control. Use your TA by drawing your belly in; use your pelvic floor by sucking your balls up; breathe; know when you've failed to use the right muscles.

cheers, yeh the deep core burns like fuck after a short time! whats TUT? Did 6 sets of 6-10 seconds last night. Even tried a handstand on the planchette's. Got quite high, saw my shadow and lost concentration and fell on my head!!! lol

Bosu squats x 22
Lunges x 22
DB squats x 22

Step ups x 40
one leg squat off step x 20 each leg
Lat Pulldowns x 15
wide chins x 10
Lat pulldowns x 15

DB shoulder press x 18
Upright row x 15

EZ bar curls x 22
Tricep dips x 20