• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
b72c0f1f78dcd290b106be9097e24328.jpg

Had a swim and bodysurf at maroubra this arvo. Good to spend time in the sun with family before water gets too cold!!

And had a great SUP session at rose bay this morning. I saw SO many fish today, the water was very clean.
0eddb6c0dd4803ea955753b4a7a7bb97.jpg

Chest & shoulders Sunday night

Heavy bench 4x4
20kg vest weighted ring dips 4x8
One arm bb press 4x5 each arm
DB press 4x12
Planks 3x1 minute

Deck of arms this morning at 430am. Fuck my hips are tender.. Not sure whats going on

[emoji173]️ = ez curls
[emoji812]️ = seated DB curls
[emoji814]️ = tridips
[emoji815]️ = skull crushers
K = muscle up x 2
Q = run
J = monkey bars
A = plank x 30 secs

Last edited:
run/legs early morning today.
Could already fall asleep
-
1km warm up
Dynamic stretching
-
400m run
3x muscle ups
Close squats x 20
400m run
3x muscle ups
Bosu squats x 20
400m run
3x muscle ups
Box squats x 20
-
Rest 2 mins
Set timer to 10 mins
1.6km run
Remainder time doing box squats

How the hell do you run after squatting? [emoji15]

Dunno. I just do it. But I'm not squatting for power stations or breaking records like our friends at PTC etc. Just the bar, but nice and controlled, getting a good feel and legs definitely working!!
You don't have to be squatting tons to get good legs. I think and train outside the square. What works for me, may not work for others. I've been trainjng this way for a long time and like it, plus it seems to be working!
I see lots of people who train 'the traditional' way, and it's not always the best way IMO. I could rant all night about how others train mate, but I'm happy with mine and how I look and feel! [emoji106][emoji3]

Last edited:
Thats my point though. Its harder to run after a light higher rep set that a heavy 2-3 repper with no burn or lactic acid build up.

Thats my point though. Its harder to run after a light higher rep set that a heavy 2-3 repper with no burn or lactic acid build up.

For me it's the other way around! I'm used to it this way, anything heavier I don't think id have the gas in my legs! I remember my old heavy squat days I couldn't move between each sets, let alone think of punching out a 400m run. Everyone is different tho mate, all bodies work in different ways and our brains don't all work the same. Especially mine lol.

Also as you know I have a couple of young kids plus run & own a small-med business.

I need to make my time trainjng the most productive. If that means adding legs to a cardio day, then so be it. I have to maximize my workouts and get the most out of the limited time I get to train!! Hence the 430am sessions!! It's a tough balance but works for me.

I've always believed that if one is going to add an aerobic component to exercise, then doing it directly after a a brutal workout will garner more benefits, than say, doing it the flowing day, or the next.

taurus is a modern day savage.

weights yesterday
chest & shoulders (heavy)

bench 5x5
ring dips w/20kg vest 5x10

one arm db press 5x5
upright rows 5x10

planks 3x1min

430am today. Hip feeling better, but still tender... Its getting chilly in the morn!

Deck of arms
hearts = ez curls
diamonds = seated DB curls
clubs = tridips
spades = skull crushers
Kings = muscle up x 2
Queens = run
Jacks = monkey bars
Aces = plank x 30 secs

Good early morning sesh

1km warmup
Dynamic stretches