• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Assistance programming

So I ask for an answer from Goosey yet you respond to this post yet ignore the others. Interesting.

You totally can't trust what this guy says he was a multi-ply lifter with a 1000lb squat. None of his info will carry over into raw assistance work.

Wendler trains strictly raw now and programs as such.

Oh ok, is it better for you that way? Why?

Bams, sorry you're sort of right, I didn't read correctly.

It's a difficult job to try and find an exercise that places emphasis on the lower back, medx did it and it did it by locking the pelvis, to achieve this it basically does what you describe plus the help of extra belts and adjustable pads on the lower body to completely immobilize the lower body and placing direct rotary resistance to the spine over 72 degrees of movement, one set is all you can stand.

So I ask for an answer from Goosey yet you respond to this post yet ignore the others. Interesting.

You totally can't trust what this guy says he was a multi-ply lifter with a 1000lb squat. None of his info will carry over into raw assistance work.

You're being an idiot. Don't do that

Bams, sorry you're sort of right, I didn't read correctly.

It's a difficult job to try and find an exercise that places emphasis on the lower back, medx did it and it did it by locking the pelvis, to achieve this it basically does what you describe plus the help of extra belts and adjustable pads on the lower body to completely immobilize the lower body and placing direct rotary resistance to the spine over 72 degrees of movement, one set is all you can stand.

Don't be sorry man. If someone has an explanation on something that I'm not that knowledgeable about I'm more than happy to listem and learn =)

You're being an idiot. Don't do that

Considering I was impersonating you, I think you just called yourself an idiot =)

ignore everything in that "so you think you can squat" video
you're a raw lifter not a multi-ply lifter. squatting is completely different

Ignore; to fail or refuse to notice.

Ignorant - Lacking education or knowledge​
- Unaware or uninformed​
- Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge​
Also the guy doing all the squatting was, I believe, not wearing any supportive gear. Not even a belt. That in my book means raw. Unless you count Chucks as supportive, they are canvas after all.

9CP7x.png

5)A movement I kind of "came up with" one day which really smoked my low back is the following: use a straight bar, feet shoulder width with a "soft" knee (maintain this knee position throughout), and peform a Romanian Deadlift (keep the head up, and shove the butt back and keep a neutral spine).

Keep the bar close to the body, and go down until the bar is at mid-shin (remember, keep the neutral spine).
Once you've reached mid shin with a neutral spine, round out the back slowly until the plates touch the floor.
Now, using only the lumbar muscles, extend back up, slowly and smoothly, into the neutral spine position.
Do not come all the way erect (like when you began the set).

Once you reach neutral spine, round out again and repeat the extension. 15-20 reps. You won't need much more than the bar to start this, and your low back will be screaming after 15 reps. It is kind of an RDL, SLD, Good Morning, and back extension all rolled into one. Try it.

Andy.
I'm liking the sounds of this exercise.