• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold is way over rated !!

If he was on todays drugs he'd probably look worse, judging by how ridiculous some of them look.

09D1500B-653B-467E-88E3-03F0CC244570-389-0000002CBD9F2626_zps966d3162.jpg

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sure I don't think Arnold's physique was complete but bodybuilding needed him and he certainly produced the goods.

Arnold's physique wouldn't trouble many of today's top pros but if he was around today he would have a different physique to the 1970s model.

This is exactly right... for his time Arnie did what ever it took to win.. if he was around now at his peak .. he would still be doing what ever it took to win.. He would also be a mass monster as the likes of todays champions. .

You also need to understand Arnold is carismatic, his charm won him events before he even stepped out on stage.

He is a true ledgend and you can not deny him that... you can not campair his bdy with todays athletes. . but for his time we was and will always be the best

Arnie all the way here....bodybuilding is about aesthetics isn't it? He is by far the most pleasing to the eye...yes...homo

I beleive it was more about the development and evenness of the right side vs the left, or is that the other way round.

I beleive it was more about the development and evenness of the right side vs the left, or is that the other way round.
Scientists say that as humans (some of us in here anyway) we find other humans attractive based on that left/right symmetry. I assume it shows good genes for breeding or something.

I think Arnie's physique is a better representation of what's achievable naturally, even if his never was. The pro bodybuilders of today really offer no inspiration for the natural athlete looking to improve their physique. They're simply walking medicine cabinets the size of outback dunnies. Completely unrealistic and aesthetically displeasing.

Arnie bought bodybuilding to the world stage and set in motion positive knock-on effects across the health industry right into everyone's laps. And let's not forget the action hero genre he bought to the movie screen that many of us grew up on and still recall as favorites today.

Scientists say that as humans (some of us in here anyway) we find other humans attractive based on that left/right symmetry. I assume it shows good genes for breeding or something.

He certainly inspired a lot of us to pick up a barbell.

But I don't believe he is a good example of what is achievable as he represents the 1%.

The rest of us are average out of proportion, weak body parts, unbalanced muscle sizes and need to work hard.

Goes to show just how effective that charisma of his is.. a few photos of him smiling while he flexes dem gunz is all it took.. ;)